phantom 3 4K esc issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneted
lvl.1

United States

I have a p3 4k that the cable to the camera was shorted. It still would fly but no view. I repaced the cable but that didn't help. I replaced the esc board and now I have camera view and can control it as far as movement. The app shows weak remote signal. I have tried about everything i can think of including putting the old board back. It will fly with the old board and does not have that message, I even got a new replacement board but it say weak remote signal. I was thing I would have to register it with DJI but it never asks to. When I replaced a board on a pro I had to register befor it would fly. Ideas???
Old board....flys ok no camera
new board...weak remote signal won't  fly...have camera view and movement can't record

2016-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi,droneted. If you replace the esc board by yourself , your aircraft will no longer under the warranty.
I'd suggest you to send it in for fixing. You could get in touch with our tech support at support.us@dji.com.
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Droneted, May I know what mobile device you are using? The firmware for aircraft, remote and APP are latest, right? Have you tried other mobile devices? or you could try your friend's remote controller if possible.
It's not recommended to change ESC board by yourself, it will be out of warranty if any issue caused by improper installation.
Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, if no improvement, please contact our tech support at support.us@dji.com for further help.
2016-9-16
Use props
fans0e22844f
lvl.1

United States

I sent it in to DJI and they fixed in in short order. Those guys you have working there are the best. I am a very happy camper
2016-11-15
Use props
fans30254479
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

fans0e22844f Posted at 2016-11-15 06:25
I sent it in to DJI and they fixed in in short order. Those guys you have working there are the best ...

You should immediately go out and buy some lottery tickets. You're a lucky man!

I write that because it seems there are so many stories of sending drones in for repair and then waiting for hell to freeze over before they come back!

Happy flying.

As an aside: yesterday I was at Best Buy, looking for some reasonably small shelf speakers. While following one of the techs/clerks, we passed through a full aisle display of drones. After getting my speakers I went back to the drone display. They're selling several different models of the Yuneeq (including the hexacopter with the retractable landing gear) and a couple different models of the P3/P4 - they even have a 3DR for sale - I thought they were dead in the water!

Art - N4PJ
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules