P4 acting Strange
995 11 2016-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rallred48
lvl.2
United States

Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong here please.
(Story) I was flying yesterday and when the P4 came to Land I pulled the sticks back to kill the motors once it landed.
Then it got this burst of power and almost flipped over??
Did I do something wrong?
Ron

2016-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It should show up in the flight logs, was it something you did accidentally?
2016-9-16
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I've noticed that usually my P4 gives a short burst of power just before the motors shut down.  It's enough to sometimes lift the craft slightly.  I think this is normal.
2016-9-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For shutting down motors after landing hold the left stick only down for three seconds. The advice in the manual to CSC when landed leads to tipping over issues if the pilot is too slow on the controls.
2016-9-16
Use props
alex.wright1992
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i question your comment "pulled the sticks" (plural)
you only pull the left stick down to kill the motors. providing that you have the original controller set up (left stick controls up / down / rotation)
i believe 3 seconds on the left stick down when the drone is on the floor
2016-9-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex.wright1992 Posted at 2016-9-16 15:14
i question your comment "pulled the sticks" (plural)
you only pull the left stick down to kill the m ...

Correct......But in the manual (page 53),

'Method 1',  it says to pull left stick down (presumably to land) and then perform the same CSC that was used to start the motors (This Should really be removed from the manual, comment from moderators welcome ).

Whereas :-

'Method 2' says to hold left stick down for three seconds.
2016-9-16
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Canada

There is a two stick method...    On touching the ground, first pull the throttle straight down, then immediately do a CSC  (move both sticks down and then move both either to the inside or outside at the same time).

It's documented on page 53 of the user guide.
2016-9-16
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Canada

There is a two stick method...    On touching the ground, first pull the throttle straight down, then immediately do a CSC  (move both sticks down and then move both either to the inside or outside at the same time).

It's documented on page 53 of the user guide.

As Aardvark points out, this can be tricky if not done right.  I prefer the single stick method.
2016-9-16
Use props
rallred48
lvl.2
United States

Ok thank you guys for the info and you are correct I meant to say the left stick, Glad to know a bust of power starts up and it's not me LOL
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

rallred48@gmail Posted at 2016-9-17 02:06
Ok thank you guys for the info and you are correct I meant to say the left stick, Glad to know a bus ...

The prior post are correct, best way is after landing left stick all the way down until motors shut off.
2016-9-16
Use props
rallred48
lvl.2
United States

Ok thank you Ken
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

No problem at all, since the aircraft flipped over I would discard the props and use your spares.
Anytime a prop touches the ground with the motors running there's going to be damage.
Best case is the prop will be a little out of balance, worst case is there may be hidden internal damage and the prop could break 1 flight or 50 flights later and there goes your $1,000+ aircraft.
With how inexpensive props are, I would change them.
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules