Realistic features I'd like to see brought to original OSMO
690 2 2016-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

There are a ton of threads with understandably bitter customers complaining about things that the OSMO+ and OSMO Mobile have, I'm not trying to rehash those debates. However, there are some features I believe could be added without much investment in development time that would be a nice gesture on DJI's part to at least give the impression they would like to keep owners of the OSMO buying DJI products. I worked 12 years as an electronics tech in RF Telecom manufacturing and have knowledge of both programming and how software/hardware manufacturing works.

1) Y Axis inverison option - This is seriously nothing more than a few lines of code to implement, in arduino for example it's one line using the map function. According to DJI-Thor this is already available on the OSMO Pro/OSMO Raw http://forum.dji.com/thread-62114-1-1.html

2) Option to disable beeping when gimbal is locked or at least have it stop after a certain duration - DJI reps on the forum here have repeatedly advised owners to keep the gimbal locked if they're wanting to do timelapse. Again this should be a fairly simple code fix, most likely it's at the firmware level though.

3) 360x360 Panoramic option within the DJI Go app - I don't need the app to stitch it, we can do that in post, just a simple "macro" that has the camera take a photo every so many degrees, or if you want to get fancier have the column before row option too.

4) Live Streaming for Android - I'm amazed that this is only available on IOS devices since it's Apple that's generally harder to get things working on. Ideally an RMTP stream that's not tied to a particular app or site like Facebook would be ideal.

5) Pro Mode Video - While the above 4 requests are definitely possible, this one I'm not sure about because I don't know how their image processor works. However given that other devices use the same image sensor and offer high bitrate modes throughout their frame sizes I think this could be possible. 60Mpbs in 4k is already an option and is considered to the be the max bitrate, however I'd love to get 60Mbps in say 1080 24p mode as well.

6) **PIPE DREAM** Programmed timelapse even if it's far from perfect - I know Litchi and Vertical Studio are options, I know they still have the weird figure 8 wobble, however if you're shooting 4k stills you can easily apply a stabilizer in post. It would be awesome to have this within the DJI Go app but I understand this is probably not ever going to happen.

Initially I was going to write this as a poll but I didn't see any option to do that even under the advanced mode. Instead feel free to chime in with your comments as to what you'd like to see implemented out of these suggestions and/or the priority you'd assign to them.

2016-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I like the way your thinking, I bought into the osmo even though I knew there were some glitches ,but with the knowledge from dji facilators on this forum that future firmwear/softwear updates would iron these out,and they would create some interesting updates,but it now seems strange they would introduce 2 new products with new features before they would sort out existing osmo, I'm a little dismayed and am now thinking these fixes will never come, but we can only try to as you have done put forward realistic options, if this doesn't happen then we always have the option to look for companies who offer better options. Good look and thanks for adding the thread.
BTW to set up poll just click thread and on the top right hand side you have the option to create poll,it's really very simple...
2016-9-17
Use props
J C D
lvl.2

Netherlands

First one is also on my list, but DJI does not bother. Released two new osmo's in the meantime; OSMO original beta project is finished. We can all go home now
2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules