What powers the controller
1039 9 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonah70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Me again with another question does any one know what type of battery pack is used in the controller ie nicad or Lipo ?

2016-9-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jonah,

It is in the manual at the end in specifications:

6000 mAh LiPo 2S

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Jonah,
hope this link will help you :http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#specs  And Cetaman is correct.
RC battery.png
2016-9-17
Use props
Jonah70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-17 18:21
Hello Jonah,
hope this link will help you :http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#specs  And Cetaman is  ...

Thanks what sort of life span are people seeing from there controller packs? ie how many charges will that pack take untill it starts to fail takeing a fall charge. and can I buy a new pack for controler or is it the case of buying I new controller?
2016-9-18
Use props
Jonah70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cetaman Posted at 2016-9-17 11:12
Aloha Jonah,

It is in the manual at the end in specifications:

Thank you I should have looked more but so much to research and watch hopefully by the time my p4 arrives on Tuesday ill have done my research and hopefully have no probs with set up not worried about flying the thing as I've been flying and racing rc planes,Helis,cars and boats for some time know over 20 years so the flying no props look forward to seeing what it can do in sport mode as well as every thing else its gona be nice to fly something that seems to fly it self. As for filming can't wait for that. Once again thanks
2016-9-18
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

Jonah70 Posted at 2016-9-18 17:19
Thank you I should have looked more but so much to research and watch hopefully by the time my p4  ...

As long as you realize that the Phantom is everything BUT a racing drone. It is more a flying camera then a drone. Sports mode is useful to get your aircraft a bit faster to the place where you want to take your pictures, nothing more than that. No tricks, flip-flop, acrobatics or racing at all.
If that is what you want from your drone then hurry and cancel your order because you will be very disappointed.
2016-9-18
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jonah70 Posted at 2016-9-17 23:02
Thanks what sort of life span are people seeing from there controller packs? ie how many charges w ...

Aloha Jonah,

The P3 and P4 controllers do not have removable LiPo batteries.  The controllers are interchangeable between P3A, P3P and P4, but you have to take real good care of your controller battery because it is not accessible.  If the battery fails, only DJI can replace it at this time.

As it is, the battery has an estimated charge of ~3 hours and at some point, it should probably be run down to one light to reset the battery cells.  But, to my knowledge, DJI has not weighed in on that subject yet.  Any comments on this question DJI-Mindy?

Aloha and Drone On!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-9-18
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-17 00:21
Hello Jonah,
hope this link will help you :http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#specs  And Cetaman is  ...

Aloha Mindy,

Please see my answer to Jonah (just above) on the battery maintenance question for clarification.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cetaman Posted at 2016-9-19 05:00
Aloha Jonah,

The P3 and P4 controllers do not have removable LiPo batteries.  The controller ...

There is no need to reset controller battery.
And if the controller is damaged, I'd suggest to send it in for evaluation.
2016-9-18
Use props
Jonah70
lvl.1

PhanFran Posted at 2016-9-19 04:21
As long as you realize that the Phantom is everything BUT a racing drone. It is more a flying came ...

yer i realize that as for flips and that never expected it to do that got another drone coming for that and for just chucking about the sky as for racing drones yes gona be given that a go next year when we have the summer back and iv saved some cash for it. but as for the phantom i love it got it. now im gona set my lap top up as a ground station as i can fly from my back garden. and not be at risk to any one.
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules