wait for invioce
529 1 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sprogfour
New

United States

5 stars for the drone, 0 for customer service. I'll be nice and go for 3 as an average.

The drone itself:

Wonderful. This is my first drone, and it is super easy to learn on and fly with. Setup wasn't difficult, and the DJI app works really well. Battery life is surprisingly good, and the video is great. Tip: Use the 1080p video and not the 2k unless you have a really good graphics rig on your computer, the 2k is very choppy to play. 1080p still looks great, has smaller files, and is easy to view on most computers.

DJI customer service:

Here's my issue, hence the 0 star for service. While flying, the receiver had a hiccup with its connection to the drone at about 900 feet away, and 90 feet up. It automatically went into return to home mode, and I wasn't able to cancel it before it flew itself directly into a tree, and crashed down. The camera gimble broke, internal compass died, blades got damaged, and the housing broke near one of the rotors.

I'm one who will admit his mistakes, but I had been flying it at 1300 feet away with no problems. This was a software issue.

I contacted DJI support, and initially they were quite helpful. They responded on Sunday, August 28th, and sent me instructions to return it (RMA, shipping label, etc). I had it all filled out, and UPS'd out on Monday the 29th. I'm in Ohio and the closest service center is in California. They received it that Friday.

They emailed saying it was received on Monday the 5th, and said I'd receive an invoice for the repairs within 24 hours.

By September 9th, I still hadn't heard back, so I emailed support again. They informed me that the service center was waiting on my payment of the invoice so they could fix it and send it back. I explained that I had not received the invoice, and they said they would contact the repair shop to make sure they got me the invoice. Okay, fine, so I get to wait more. On the 12th I hadn't heard anything, so I e-mailed and asked them if I could have a phone number for the repair shop so I could contact them directly. Customer service explained that the repair shop has no phone.

Uh huh, suuuuure.

So, I wait more. On Wednesday the 14th, I emailed again. They responded requesting the case number for the repair, which I supplied them with again.

On Friday morning I'm pretty fed up, so I send them an admittedly condescending email asking them exactly how hard it is for the repair shop to send an e-mail. I'm leaving for Boston next Friday morning, and want to bring the drone with me, but that is not going to happen at this point. They responded saying they were assigning a "special team" to the issue, and I'd hear back within 1-2 business days.

In total my e-mail thread back and forth with customer service is 23 emails so far. I even asked them to verify with the service center that they had my email right, and they do. If this service center can't send an e-mail, I have serious doubts on them being able to repair the drone.

So, screw it, I'm buying another one, maybe I'll get lucky and get some sort of refund, but I doubt it. DJI, if you're reading this, the case # is CAS-235611-L3R8L4. I'm definitely not going to pay to have the old one serviced, since I'm out another $550 now.

2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties,sprogfour. I'll help to escalate the case for you.
2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules