Phantom 3 standard looses connection with controller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneseyeviewin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 419665 ft
  • >>>
United States

my Phantom 3 standard looses connection with controller at about 100 meters then goes to RTH. I can then relink when it gets close enough. Any ideas? New firmware updated. No issues with my P3 Pro, it works great.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Droneseyeviewin, the LED on remote turns to red at that time, right? Please make sure it's an open place without interference around, such as buildings, metal or WiFi, ect.
During flight, please adjust your antenna to optimal range:
2016-9-17
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

its a general problem after the firmwareupdate 1.6.8 many have the same problem include my self.so nothing we can do just wait for a new firmware to come out
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-18 14:22
its a general problem after the firmwareupdate 1.6.8 many have the same problem include my self.so n ...

Hello sir, have you tried to change other open locations without interference to have a test? You could check the WiFi interference on your smart phone.
During flight, please do not keep it over your head, which means you could fly it farther then higher, or you could fly to other directions, such as East for first time, then West.
2016-9-17
Use props
Droneseyeviewin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-18 02:58
Hello sir, have you tried to change other open locations without interference to have a test? You  ...

I did not fly right over head, it happens no matter how perfect the antenna is positioned. I tried it on an android first, then on my i phone 6. Same thing. I reconnected controller too. I will try to look for interference with wifi next. My P3P flys perfect...this one...not so much
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Droneseyeviewin Posted at 2016-9-23 22:56
I did not fly right over head, it happens no matter how perfect the antenna is positioned. I tried ...

Hi Sir, please have a test, if no improvement, it's suggested to send them in to our service center for further analysis. You could contact tech support at support.us@dji.com.
2016-9-23
Use props
Droneseyeviewin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It was a hardware issue, I sent it in, was still under 1 year warranty. Free shipping. Fast service.  Problem fixed.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules