A walk around with z-axis..
1518 10 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

A one shot walk around a nature meadow with the osmo and z-axis. Wasn't making much effort to hold it steady, slippy ground was more on my mind, so I think it did ok. Turning corners needs some work..

2016-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Matt& Reilly  nice video good job can you tell me which way you think it best to hold osmo when using axis
2016-9-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-17 21:08
Hi Matt& Reilly  nice video good job can you tell me which way you think it best to hold osmo when u ...

Thanks. I can't decide what's best with the z-axis. This was just normal upright mode, but I suspect flashlight mode is a little better. But someone else mentioned about tweaking the tension knob, and that seems to make more difference.
2016-9-17
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

What type of phone are you using?
2016-9-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dennish Posted at 2016-9-17 22:04
What type of phone are you using?

I've got a Sony z3 compact. This is from an original osmo not the mobile version. You can't put the z-axis on the mobile gimbal.
2016-9-17
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-18 05:27
I've got a Sony z3 compact. This is from an original osmo not the mobile version. You can't put th ...

Yeah - sorry it is late and I have been reading too many posts trying to figure out what I am going to purchase.....
2016-9-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dennish Posted at 2016-9-17 22:30
Yeah - sorry it is late and I have been reading too many posts trying to figure out what I am goin ...

No worries. If you can find an original Osmo being offered cheap I would go for that. The Plus has some nice features but it's expensive, and I'm not convinced by the mobile version. Overall I'm really happy with my Osmo, although it takes a little practice to get good with it.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Nice video, thank you for sharing. Very beautiful scenery.
2016-9-17
Use props
TomDPhoto
lvl.1
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-17 12:39
Thanks. I can't decide what's best with the z-axis. This was just normal upright mode, but I suspect flashlight mode is a little better. But someone else mentioned about tweaking the tension knob, and that seems to make more difference.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having some difficulty with my z-axis, too...

I can't fine adjust the arm with the tension knob...it either goes all the way up, or all the way down...what is this "tweak" you're referring to?

Thanks!

-TomD
2018-5-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TomDPhoto Posted at 2018-5-20 08:01
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having some difficulty with my z-axis, too...

I can't fine adjust the arm with the tension knob...it either goes all the way up, or all the way down...what is this "tweak" you're referring to?

Hi Tom, yes, somewhere in the middle it should stay level. I start with it all the way up and start turning till it drops a bit and levels out. Remember that once it's set if you tilt the handle forward or back it will tilt the arm. It's far from an exact thing, kind of like trying to keep hold of a slippery fish
2018-5-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

well done !
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules