Pixels pixels everywhere
1739 24 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warnberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24764 ft
United States

I can't seem to stop all the pixelization... sitting, not flying, 3 feet from P4, I can not get it to stop pixelization. ... suggestions. .

Latest firmware
P4 new as well, got it 2 days ago
Latest  DJI go app
Android version 5.0.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Note:  recorded video also shows same behavior. ... SD card is a SanDisk extreme 64 gig XC
2016-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you get the same recording in different formats 4k, 1080P, 720P ?

Have you tried reformatting SD card in aircraft ?
2016-9-17
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Have you got an ipad you can test it on ? process of illimination. the DJI app is free so will cost nothing to install IOS version and test it.
Also have you got Litch, if so you can test it on that as well.
2016-9-17
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

Ardvark.. SD was formatted in P4 and I have reduced resolution and it still occures

I do have a very old ipod.. maybe I'll try that.. pretty small but worth a shot

2016-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Warnberg Posted at 2016-9-17 21:49
Ardvark.. SD was formatted in P4 and I have reduced resolution and it still occures

I do have a ver ...

You are looking at the recorded files on the SD and not the cached files on the display device ?

The display device should not affect what is recorded on the SD card, looks like the SD may be faulty or perhaps just needing re-seated in slot (aircraft power off). Or a faulty unit. Or you could try a firmware refresh and/or a factory reset, see if that changes anything.

2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Warnberg Posted at 2016-9-18 04:49

I do have a ver ...

Do you see this on the stock 16 GB SD card as well? Could you happen to provide a screenshot of the issue?
2016-9-17
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

Still learning so be gentle, after a flight video shows in editor.. that shows pixelization just like video on tablet.. is there a different video on the SD card?  How do I access it?

Newbie, sorry.. still learning
2016-9-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Warnberg Posted at 2016-9-18 08:46
Still learning so be gentle, after a flight video shows in editor.. that shows pixelization just lik ...

Is this under low light conditions? Remember, the Phantom cameras are not low light cameras, they need plenty of illumination.

The video you see on your phone/tablet is really only a 'proof' version, and is limited to 720p resolution. The real clip is on the SD card in the aircraft. You pop out the card, put it in an adapter then insert it into your computer to look at it or copy it.

2016-9-17
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

Geebax.. will look.. sunset over pond right now in florida. .. going to record more then look. .. thanks
2016-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Warnberg Posted at 2016-9-17 23:46
Still learning so be gentle, after a flight video shows in editor.. that shows pixelization just lik ...

"is there a different video on the SD card?  How do I access it?"

Oh yes, as Geebax says the video is transmitted to your device at 720P and is subject to radio interference as well as problems with slow display devices at times. What's on the SD card is the real McCoy 4k, 2.7k, 1080P, 720P.......
2016-9-17
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

Checking further.. SD video is perfect..  just on tablet does it pixelize.. I can live with that... thanks everyone
2016-9-18
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

It sounds like your tablet isn't up to decoding the video.  That's probably why you're getting pixelization.  

One thing you might try is check the "Enable hardware Decoding" setting in General Settings.  If it's not enabled, turn it on and see what happens.   It might help.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Have you tried updating the Android to the latest software? Try a different mobile device to see if the issue persists.
2016-9-18
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

JWT873... in the dji go app?  I'm not finding it in the general settings on the device..

DJI-jamie.. the device is at the latest android version for this device..

2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Warnberg Posted at 2016-9-19 07:09
JWT873... in the dji go app?  I'm not finding it in the general settings on the device..

DJI-jamie. ...

Hardware Decoding is only available for iOS, not for Android. Try a different mobile device and see if the issue persists.
2016-9-18
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

The dji go app just updated on my device.. wonder if that will make a difference
2016-9-18
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE... so I have tried just about everything to stop the pixelization on the tablet... it still happens from time to time, not as bad as it was but enough to be annoying..  so I broke down and bought a 9.7-inch iPad Pro.. comes in friday... then let the testing begin

Any advice ahead of time?

Thanks

David
2016-9-28
Use props
Davejmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329140 ft
United States

Warnberg Posted at 2016-9-28 04:22
UPDATE... so I have tried just about everything to stop the pixelization on the tablet... it still happens from time to time, not as bad as it was but enough to be annoying..  so I broke down and bought a 9.7-inch iPad Pro.. comes in friday... then let the testing begin

Any advice ahead of time?

Has the new iPad corrected things for you? I'm having similar issues with my footage copied straight from SD card to high end laptops built in SSD drive which reveals artifacts, pixelated, stutters and breaks up randomly during playback on latest 2016 2.7GHZ 15inch MacBook ProT  (Touch Bar) with Phantom 4 latest firmware version 1.2.602, stock 16GB Panasonic Micro SD HC I Class 10 [3], 32GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD HC I Class 10 [UHS 3] and 64GB Lexar 633X Micro SD XC I Class 10 [UHS 3] filming with stock settings such as Video format MOV, NTSC, White Balance Auto, Style None, Color None and several Video Sizes 4K 4096x2160 @ 24fps, 4K 3840x2160 @ 30fps and 2K 2704x2160 @ 30fps. I plan to step back P4 firmware until the problem is no longer present as It was not an issue in v1.1301 or v1.1.410... As I just recently made the jump straight to v  1.2.602..

2017-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Davejmedia Posted at 2017-1-11 18:30
Has the new iPad corrected things for you? I'm having similar issues with my  footage straight from SD card has artifacts, pixelated, stutters and breaks up randomly during playback on latest 2016 2.7GHZ 15inch MacBook ProT  (Touch Bar) with Phantom 4 latest firmware version 1.2.602, stock 16GB Panasonic Micro SD HC I Class 10 [3], 32GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD HC I Class 10  and 64GB Lexar 633X Micro SD XC I Class 10  filming with stock settings such as Video format MOV, NTSC, White Balance Auto, Style None, Color None and several Video Sizes 4K 4096x2160 @ 24fps, 4K 3840x2160 @ 30fps and 2K 2704x2160 @ 30fps. I plan to step back P4 firmware until the problem is no longer present as It was not an issue in v1.1301 or v1.1.410... As I just recently made the jump straight to v  1.2.602..

Are you playing back from the SD card, or are you copying the footage from the SD card to the hard drive and then playing it?
2017-1-11
Use props
Davejmedia
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-11 19:15
Are you playing back from the SD card, or are you copying the footage from the SD card to the hard drive and then playing it?

Hello Geebax, Thanks for the reply, I'm copying to on board SSD then playing back. It has nothing to do with brand new 2016 MacBook ProT. If you kindely refer to the end of my post, I stated this was a non issue prior to recent firmware updates. I was only curious if the original authors post was resolved and try to compare findings and narrow down the trouble shooting tree for said pilot to firmware...
See another users post with same issues here in which the footage looks like its the stream quality version right from RC connected to smart device but its not: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid643976  

My 2016 MacBook ProT SSD Black Magic Speed Test

My 2016 MacBook ProT SSD Black Magic Speed Test
2017-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Davejmedia Posted at 2017-1-11 19:38
Hello Geebax, Thanks for the reply, I'm copying to on board SSD then playing back. It has nothing to do with brand new 2016 MacBook ProT. If you kindely refer to the end of my post, I stated this was a non issue prior to recent firmware updates. I was only curious if the original authors post was resolved and try to compare findings and narrow down the trouble shooting tree for said pilot to firmware...
See another users post with same issues here in which the footage looks like its the stream quality version right from RC connected to smart device but its not: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid643976  

The reason I asked is that some people try to playback from the SD card and it then relies heavily on the speed of the card reader to computer interface. If you are copying it to an SSD then that is a different story.

However the Blackmagic disk speed test only tells how fast the SSD can access data, it does not tell us how well the computer can play back 4K material, because even fast computers rely to a large extent upon GPU systems to handle high resolution video.

If you happen to have a small section of video that is original, that is not edited or otherwise processed, then perhaps you could upload it to Dropbox, then we could have a look at it.

2017-1-11
Use props
Davejmedia
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-11 20:09
The reason I asked is that some people try to playback from the SD card and it then relies heavily on the speed of the card reader to computer interface. If you are copying it to an SSD then that is a different story.

However the Blackmagic disk speed test only tells how fast the SSD can access data, it does not tell us how well the computer can play back 4K material, because even fast computers rely to a large extent upon GPU systems to handle high resolution video.

DJI_0001.MOV 3840x2160 @ 30P Clip with Pixelation / Artifacts / stutters that started happening after Firmware v1.2.602
I just realized the orginal post by Warnberg problem was his video footage was pixelating due to his smart device not being able to keep up with video stream. My problem is with footage straight from SD card looking as though its a bad stream and pixelating but only started after my latest firmware jump to v 1.2.602 as previous version was v 1.1.410. So see New Thread HERE
2017-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Davejmedia Posted at 2017-1-12 13:50
DJI_0001.MOV 3840x2160 @ 30P Clip with Pixelation / Artifacts / stutters that started happening after Firmware v1.2.602
I just realized the orginal post by Warnberg problem was his video footage was pixelating due to his smart device not being able to keep up with video stream. My problem is with footage straight from SD card looking as though its a bad stream and pixelating but only started after my latest firmware jump to v 1.2.602 as previous version was v 1.1.410. So see New Thread HERE

If that clip is original material, and not processed in any way, then you have a definite problem there. Are you shooting h.265 or h.264, as there have been some reports of poor quality encoding in the h.265 format?
2017-1-12
Use props
Davejmedia
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-12 14:43
If that clip is original material, and not processed in any way, then you have a definite problem there. Are you shooting h.265 or h.264, as there have been some reports of poor quality encoding in the h.265 format?

h.264

I will run some more test rolling back a few firmwares this weekend trying to find out when it was introduced and post my findings. Unless its hardware related to my specific machine that just started. I'll double check ribbon cable connections...
2017-1-12
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

Davejmedia Posted at 2017-1-11 18:30
Has the new iPad corrected things for you? I'm having similar issues with my footage copied straight from SD card to high end laptops built in SSD drive which reveals artifacts, pixelated, stutters and breaks up randomly during playback on latest 2016 2.7GHZ 15inch MacBook ProT  (Touch Bar) with Phantom 4 latest firmware version 1.2.602, stock 16GB Panasonic Micro SD HC I Class 10 [3], 32GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD HC I Class 10  and 64GB Lexar 633X Micro SD XC I Class 10  filming with stock settings such as Video format MOV, NTSC, White Balance Auto, Style None, Color None and several Video Sizes 4K 4096x2160 @ 24fps, 4K 3840x2160 @ 30fps and 2K 2704x2160 @ 30fps. I plan to step back P4 firmware until the problem is no longer present as It was not an issue in v1.1301 or v1.1.410... As I just recently made the jump straight to v  1.2.602..
https://youtu.be/FWRrlpWx4Yk

Yes, bit the bullet and went to an IPad Pro and have not had an issue since.  But my issue was live video feed from the drone I never had an issue with the recorded video on the SD card in the drone.

If you are seeing an issue with the video on the SD card you may want to do a couple things.  1) make sure you format the SD in the, i.e. put SD card in Drone and run a format on it.  2) if that still does not help look at getting a better, higher speed SD card, look for ones that are specifically made for GoPro's or something along those lines.

Good Luck

David
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules