Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Issue
767 7 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cadbob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18360 ft
United States

I noticed small cracking a protrusion from inside pushing out. This  being a New Product should i be concerned or should it be replaced under  warrenty?
Battery.jpg
2016-9-17
Use props
simbad66
lvl.1

United States

If its under 30 days old, I would send it back. Question is... what kind of hit did it take to get that crack?
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello cadbob, it's never slightly crashed, right? Actually, the cracking will not affect performance of battery. Since it's under warranty period, please contact our tech support for further help, you could get in touch with them at support.us@dji.com
2016-9-17
Use props
jwt873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

This has been discussed previously.

Some early batteries were prone to this.  When you push the battery in place, you hear a snap.  There is a spring in the battery latch mechanism that presses against the battery case.  Energy from the 'snap' is transferred to the case through the spring.  The constant snapping eventually causes the plastic to crack.   It appears that this uncommon and only affected a few early production batteries.    See this thread -->  http://forum.dji.com/thread-49941-1-1.html

I read that thread when it was posted last April.  Since then, I've been squeezing the upper and lower tabs on the battery so that it goes in smoothly without clicking...   I've never had any problems with cracking.
2016-9-18
Use props
MAD35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

It's funny, from day one, I have always squeezed the tabs on the battery while inserting into the bird as I just had a feeling that the click wasn't going to be good for it in some way. I am glad I have been doing that.
2016-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-9-18 13:27
This has been discussed previously.

Some early batteries were prone to this.  When you push the bat ...

Problem is when you hear  that snap you know you battery is secured, and judging by the mechanism this is the correct way to insert the battery if you don't hear that snap there is a chance your battery is not correctly installed, these cracks should not be happening I lay this problem at the door of dji..
2016-9-18
Use props
cadbob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18360 ft
United States

What I see happening is that over time the battery back will push farther out wearing the spring that makes battery lock in place.Thenat sometime during flight battery de-latching and sliding out of a flying craft.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Cadbob, if the battery is not working properly, to ensure safety, it's not recommended to use it any more. For the small cracking on this new battery, please feel free to contact our tech support for further help at support.us@dji.com or call +1 (818) 235 0789 on Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST).
2016-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules