Post-Crash Camera Settings
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

Good day fellow pilots,

As the thread title suggests, my P3S has experienced a crash recently. Quite a rough one, but came out of it unscaved physically.The unit operates as normal, aside from one slight change I have observe, for which I desire your insight.

Before the crash the drone was functioning as intended. After it however, despite the absence of physical damage, the camera settings seem to be a little off.
On AUTO, the camera and videos are darker than usual. Forcing me to go on MANUAL where I have to adjust depending on the scene. And then cannot focus the camera, giving me slightly more pasty shots which is an inconvenience to what is a 2.7k capable camera.

On video mode, today whilst shooting a resort, depending on where I am facing I get lines travelling across the recording for some time then it goes away. Maybe that's just the sun, don't know. I hope it's not an after-effect of the crash...

Has anyone experienced this drop in settings after a crash and/or can anyone suggest a fix?
I will do a full reset of the unit's calibrations today, compass, IMU and all. Hoping that might help. But I have a sneaking feeling there's internal damage despite the seemless running of the unit.

Appreciate any help you can provide.
My first P3S is in repair right now. Once it's back I might send this second unit for a checkup. It's just very time consuming and long given I'm overseas from the nearest service centre.

Cheers,

Yorick
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Yorick,sorry for your crash.I think a repair service would be the best course of action.
2016-9-18
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-19 13:53
Hello Yorick,sorry for your crash.I think a repair service would be the best course of action.

Thanks Mindy,

It happens. When used commercially here, one has to expect the occasional mishap. This one could have been avoided though. Yet another lesson learnt on NOT allowing people to distract you no matter what

Service will have to wait for the first P3S to return I guess. In the meantime looks like I'll have to do some MANUAL settings.

Anyone else got anything?
2016-9-18
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

Problem resolved. Somehow, despite being on AUTO, the EV settings had been set down to -5. Hence the darkness.
Apologies for my ignorance. I didn't know the EV could be manually adjusted even in AUTO mode.
2016-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules