Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is this the best i can get ?
1145 16 2016-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MeDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1245548 ft
Italy

Hi guys!
Is this the best i can get with my D3A?Dont get me wrong,i love how it hands the wind,everthing,to be honest but taking pictures is a bit...a let down.A usually post them on facebook  and seeing them from a mobile device is horrendous,especially the grass part.I have tried different settings but i always get a pixelated image.  I will post some of them...

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/YlipC
http://imgur.com/a/C4cVm
http://imgur.com/a/X48Z5
2016-9-19
Use props
taylordavid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

Are you downloading from your device? If so try downloading directly from the memory card
2016-9-19
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

What you see on your mobile device is a streamed 720p resolution of the image. What you see from the SD card (2.7k or 1080p) however you have your camera settings set to will look much better on your CP or laptop.
2016-9-19
Use props
MeDrone
lvl.2
Italy

The pictures that i have attached are  from the drone,that i have done days ago,i usually connect it with usb to my pc.Are this photos,in quality speaking,the maximum that i can get from the camera?I am missing something?Tips for doing them right?
Thanks a lot!
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MeDrone Posted at 2016-9-20 02:18
The pictures that i have attached are  from the drone,that i have done days ago,i usually connect it ...

Can you post a quick video clip.
And does looking at the photos on your computer from the SD card look the same.
If you take a photo wit the aircraft on the ground props not spinning is the quality any better?
If nothing helps then you may want to contact support.
2016-9-19
Use props
MeDrone
lvl.2
Italy

Here is a link from a short video,was trying out some settings.I haven't tried to look at the pictures direct from the sd card on pc seeing that i dont have a sd card reader.

A old pictures,i think from the first day,not from the ground(i dont have a photo like this).

http://imgur.com/a/stnWk

So,at the end,do you guys think,from your experience that the quality of my pictures are in ''camera boundaries ''.Like i said,maybe this is the maximum i can get with it,dont know,just asking...
2016-9-19
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

MeDrone Posted at 2016-9-19 14:18
The pictures that i have attached are  from the drone,that i have done days ago,i usually connect it ...

Try editing them in a program like Photoshop. Looks like your camera settings may be a bit off, too low of exposure or too dark outside.
2016-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What was the settings what was the light like when you shot the photos it's very hard to analyze without this info, also as someone else has said if you shoot in raw& jpeg you can do a lot with these photos post edit with photoshop cc or similar..
2016-9-20
Use props
MeDrone
lvl.2
Italy

So,this are some of the things that i can see from file info:iso 100 ; shot 1/320 sec. f/2.8 3.61mm and with auto white balance/style 0 -1 -1,image size 16:9,color None.The photo was done 10 minute before sunset,but as you can see,was already hided after that hill.I am now doing raw+jpeg after hearing about this.Hope to  master soon Lr .
2016-9-21
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

MeDrone - If your Phantom lets you take photos in the RAW .dng format I would recommend doing that and then take the photos and process them a bit in a program like Photoshop.

I have found that for me it's best to take photos in flat settings while flying and then bring them out with other software... I use Photoshop mostly.

Here my edited versions of your first two photos - Keep in mind that I used your original .jpg.

2016-9-21
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.3
United States

Just curious, do you let the drone stop and hover for a few seconds before you take a picture? One of your shots looks like motion blur. I often take photos in jpg and raw as was mentioned earlier. I always take photos in RAW with my DSLR.
2016-9-21
Use props
MeDrone
lvl.2
Italy

Sure,hover and take picture in various directions.Adam Flurk,if you want i can post/send the raw files.
2016-9-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

To be brutally honest, I cannot see anything wrong with those examples you posted, they appear to have been taken in RAW and are firstly under-exposed and secondly you have not done anything much to develop the images afterwards. Is it the best you can get? Sure, until you learn how to expose and develop the images.
2016-9-21
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

Switch the ratio to 4:3 and don't shoot higher than 100 ISO (gets noisy quick). And as others said, Raw + post processing.
2016-9-21
Use props
MeDrone
lvl.2
Italy

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-22 06:04
To be brutally honest, I cannot see anything wrong with those examples you posted, they appear to ha ...

To be brutally honest,i dont understand why you act like a troll.You posted only to say things that were already said .I only have this drone for 1month and this is the first with a camera that actually takes good photos and videos.Leaving  this matter,how to get the best exposure ?

2016-9-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

MeDrone Posted at 2016-9-23 23:33
To be brutally honest,i dont understand why you act like a troll.You posted only to say things tha ...

Exposure is best controlled manually, using the wheel, and you can display the histogram under camera settings, that then shows you the optimum exposure. You expose the picture so it is as close to the right side of the histogram display. A well exposed RAW image can then be further developed in a application like Photoshop to give very good pictures.
2016-9-23
Use props
gmccurdy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft

Your images don't look bad, just a little post work is needed for exposure and white balance.

I'm pretty impressed with the new Alien Skin Exposure X2 as it will do the DJI DNG image files.  Just work down in the right hand side through the tools like White Balance, exposure and histogram, and then into any other tools beneath those that you feel are necessary.  Lightroom is another good one for landscapes and has the lens correction tools for the DJI drones too.

2016-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules