2016-9-20
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Joe,

Download the FW version 1.3.0 from official DJI Inspire 1 Download website: Inspire 1 Firmware v1.3.0.00
Extract the bin file and save it to the root directory of an USB thumb drive, without any other file in it. With the remote controller off, insert the USB thumb drive into the USB port of the remote controller. With the aircraft off, power on the remote controller and follow the remaining procedures on page 8 and page 9 of the document How to Update Firmware

When you are done, your remote controller should have been updated to FW version 1.3.0.00.

Next, power off the remote controller, connect your mobile device to your remote controller and, also with the aircraft off, power on the remote controller and start the DJI GO App. You should then be able to enter the camera view of Inspire 1 (of course, it will be blank without video feed since the aircraft is remained power off). On the system status page, you will be prompted with a red triangle reminding you a FW update is available for your remote controller. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the FW of the remote controller to the latest version. Upon completion, power off and power on the remote controller and verify the firmware version of the remote controller, which should currently be FW version 1.7.4.

Hope this helps.

Henry
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you updated the aircraft already to the latest firmware, please follow Henry's post above to update the RC. Please make sure that the aircraft is updated before the RC to avoid connectivity issues. While this is a P3 tutorial, the Inspire 1 RC updates the same way once it's at 1.3:

2016-9-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Henry gives very good advice, very detailed as well , just be sure to update the Aircraft first ALWAYS. The RC controller will sometimnes say an update is ready for download,BUT regardless if there  is a update for the Aircraft do it first.  I have been pleading with DJI to make this change on the RC screen for a while now .

Just remeber when there is an update, always look and see if there is one for the AC FIRST , if so load that and then the Remote.

Try and use a fixed internet signal for the Go app device as well, sometimes a cell internet can loose data or be interrupted by a phone call and really screw things up , trust me I have seen it 100 s of times now.

Read my tips page also if interested.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie
2016-9-21
Use props
jim.jimrichard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12382 ft
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-20 07:21
Hi Joe,

Download the FW version 1.3.0 from official DJI Inspire 1 Download website: Inspire 1 Firmware v1.3.0.00

Thank you for posting version 1.3. I just bought a new remote and it had firmware in it prior to that version. I needed 1.3 and you saved me. Thanks!
2018-3-1
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

jim.jimrichard Posted at 2018-3-1 15:44
Thank you for posting version 1.3. I just bought a new remote and it had firmware in it prior to that version. I needed 1.3 and you saved me. Thanks!

You're welcome, Jim.

Henry
2018-3-2
Use props
fans53d92b6b
New
Flight distance : 81299 ft

United States

jim.jimrichard Posted at 2018-3-1 15:44

Hi Jim,
I'm a new member here for the DJI Inspire group.

I just got a new (old) remote controller for my Inspire 1 which contain FW version 1.2.1.0.
Do you happen to still have the FW version 1.3 available? Could you post it? I have looked everywhere and I can't find it anywhere.
Cheers
Chris
2021-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules