Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apkhou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3802 ft
United States

just a feedback..

got my Osmo Mobile today...

On the nexus 5X the back facing camera renders the image inverted (as reported before on other threads).

Other problem that i noticed right away:
* the front facing camera shows the image fine - however, i am unable to get the ActiveTrack to work. The moment I try to select a object the DJI Go App crashes.
* the same is true with the backfacing camera - unable to track objects (even in inverted state).
* the actual photos taken and videos recorded appear inverted (when played later in other media players)
* The DJI Go app crashed multiple times - once while trying to capture a motion time-lapse - lost the recording.

I think the DJI Go app - needs a lot of work - looking forward for updates and fixes soon.

btw, about the inverted image issue on nexus 5X - I have a 30 day return window during which i am willing to wait for a fix.
If its not fixed in this window, i will have to return this unit since its unusable.

2016-9-20
Use props
aGmglCymCK4k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Sadly Nexus 5X is not on the compatibility list. So as my Nexus 6p. I am still enjoying the smooth Stabilization
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, ActiveTrack is related to the performance of mobile device itself, it will not work properly due to limitations within the phones.
Would you please try another mobile device to have a test? And it's better to make a short video for us, thanks
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about your experience, the inverted image issue with X5 will be solved very soon, and certainly within your return period.

The Actrive Tracking issue is reported, R&D team will also solve it through firmware upgrade

BTW, what Android version are you using?  DJI Go is experiencing some issues under Android N.
2016-9-21
Use props
s92UR6YtKMeL
lvl.1
United States

I'm also experiencing the active tracking crash on my Nexus 6p running Android N. Note that my wife's 6p running Android M does not crash. Glad to hear you are already aware of the issue and working on it.
2016-9-21
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-21 02:02
Hello sir, ActiveTrack is related to the performance of mobile device itself, it will not work prope ...

See the short video, which shows two things:
1. The inverted image in the preview
2. The DJI app crashes as soon as I select an area to track (Active track).

Hope this helps.

Exact same behaviour when using the front facing camera. However, on the Nexus 5X, when using the front facing camera, the video is NOT inverted.

Also, i tried this with 2 android phones. On both phones ActiveTrack failed (crashed the DJI Go App)
1. Nexus 5X running Android 7.0  (image preview and video recorded is inverted)
2. Samsung J3 running Android 5.1.1 (image preview and video recorded is NOT inverted)

2016-9-21
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
United States

bump. waiting for a response / update / fix from DJI
2016-10-2
Use props
joseluislopesdi
New
Flight distance : 15915 ft
Portugal

Using NEXUS 6P with Android 6.0.

Active tracking is not working with selfie camera. Will Dji get this to work? Thanks in advance.
2016-10-10
Use props
Holy Joe
New
Flight distance : 15915 ft
Portugal

apkhou Posted at 2016-9-22 02:52
See the short video, which shows two things:
1. The inverted image in the preview
2. The DJI app cr ...

Hi there. My NEXUS 6P also have volume buttons at the right side. What are you using with your 5X to avoid them? Some king of object to get between the side of the phone and the gimbal holder? Thanks in advance.
2016-10-10
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
United States

Holy Joe Posted at 2016-10-10 09:06
Hi there. My NEXUS 6P also have volume buttons at the right side. What are you using with your 5X  ...

it was a very thin case. Even then the holder would press the volume buttons. I had to move the phone a bit and balance it ... painful.
2016-10-10
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
United States

now that v3.0.0 is released for Android, can nexus 5X users confirm that the following issues are fixed:

1. inverted images in preview and recorded video (when played on PC/TV)
2. ActiveTrack crashing - when using rear and front facing camera.
3. 4k Support - does it even work or choppy?

I have returned my unit back since these fixes did not come within my return period.
2016-10-14
Use props
Taskinen
New
Finland

Can any Nexus 5X owner with the latest official Android version please confirm the workings of the latest official version of the DJI Go app with the Osmo Mobile?

- Is the picture inverted or correct?
- Does ActiveTrack work?

- Any other issues?
2016-11-8
Use props
MUDDTT
New

United States

Taskinen Posted at 2016-11-8 16:32
Can any Nexus 5X owner with the latest official Android version please confirm the workings of the l ...

I'm on android 7.0 with latest firmware on the Osmo.

-On the Nexus 5x the picture is correct (not inverted).
-Active track does not work. I can make the selection box, but it does not pick up anything.
-4K video seems to work fine. I just recorded a short video and it was not choppy at all.

Problems:
-On the photo menu, the layout of the buttons is overlapped so you can't see the text telling you what each mode is.
-When going to the photo album in the app sometimes the photos/videos you just took don't appear there. They eventually show up when I check back later.
-App tends to crash once in awhile.
-Active track issue from above.
2016-11-19
Use props
fans63e9fe99
New

Brazil

I'm having problem too.....active track doesn't work with my S7 Edge with android 6.0...i feel cheated...
2016-11-22
Use props
fans8710f2bc
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-20 23:02
Hello sir, ActiveTrack is related to the performance of mobile device itself, it will not work properly due to limitations within the phones.
Would you please try another mobile device to have a test? And it's better to make a short video for us, thanks

Is Active Track ever going to work on the Nexus 5x? I purchased an Osmo before realizing this was a problem.
2017-2-27
Use props
jerryB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46207 ft
Australia

fans8710f2bc Posted at 2017-2-27 20:40
Is Active Track ever going to work on the Nexus 5x? I purchased an Osmo before realizing this was a problem.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my message.

I also purchased the Osmo before realizing this was a problem too.

And i also kindly request to know if the Active Track will ever work on the Nexus 5x please?
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules