Please help with controller upgrade!
739 4 2016-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnStangz
lvl.1

United States

I was able to update my P3 Advance quad with the .bin that I copied to the root of the sd card. (version P3S_FW_V01.09.0060)
After around 20 min it was done and I tossed the card into my surface and the text file showed that it completed fine.

So, now on to the controller, I toss the same SD card in AFTER deleteting that text file into a Transcend card reader, power up the controller and I get lights, but no
beeps, nothing. Just a full bar of lights. So, I figured that I would give the drone to controller update a try (via USB cable) and still the same thing. Do I have a bad
controller or what? This thing is brand new out of the box. I'm very well versed with computer stuff, but I feel like this is the WORST way to update stuff. Can someone
help me out. I've messed with this for over 2 hours and I'm getting ready to send it back to Amazon and say the heck with it. I want to get this thing working, my
kids are SO excitied to see it fly and I told them, "maybe tomorrow" I hope I can still get this thing to work.... Any help would be great! Thank you!
2016-9-20
Use props
BarnStangz
lvl.1

United States

lights I get, no noise

The picture shows all the lights lit up, I stuck a usb stick with the .bin file into the controller. I'll let it go for 20 minutes and see what happens
2016-9-20
Use props
BarnStangz
lvl.1

United States

BarnStangz Posted at 2016-9-20 21:44
lights I get, no noise

The picture shows all the lights lit up, I stuck a usb stick with the .bin f ...

I was able to FINALLY update the firmware via my Samsung table through the intrawebz, I guess it didn't like my ipad, who the hell knows. at least the firmware is good on both devices. If DJI had a brain in their collective heads they would think of an easier way to upgrade the firmware. I.E., plug the mf'er into a computer via USB, open a DJI upgrade app and hit update, DONE! Make it easy, or people are just going to return these things. I guess we'll see how she flies tomorrow. Too bad it took all GD night to get this thing ready!
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BarnStangz Posted at 2016-9-21 10:11
I was able to FINALLY update the firmware via my Samsung table through the intrawebz, I guess it d ...

Hello BarnStangz, glad to hear that you upgraded it successfully finally. Generally speaking, it's better to check currently firmware firstly before you upgrade it. If remote controller firmware is below V1.3.2, you need download 1.3.2 firmware on dji website and upgrade it with SD acrd, or you could upgrade it directly through APP.
2016-9-20
Use props
BarnStangz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-20 23:40
Hello BarnStangz, glad to hear that you upgraded it successfully finally. Generally speaking, it's  ...

Now that I know, I'll keep after it. The controller updated pretty nice through the app, so I am glad that it worked. Thanks for the reply.
2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules