My first wedding video - TAKE A LOOK!!!
1155 10 2016-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cub_white
lvl.1

United States

I'd love some feedback on this thing. I've never done a wedding video before, and it was my first real project with the Inspire 1 Pro. I used the X5 for everything, and I like the way it turned out! Let me know what you think!
2016-9-20
Use props
cub_white
lvl.1

United States

2016-9-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice variety of shots and great job editing.  

thanks for sharing

Rich
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sweet, nice video, best wishes~thanks for sharing~
2016-9-20
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Really nice work. Have you done many videos before? I'm guessing you're a bit of a pro.

Mark G.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's very well done, thank you for sharing.
2016-9-21
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi Cub,

Good work - weddings are a nightmare to shoot at the best of times as the pressure is always on to catch every moment perfectly. Outside weddings even more so.
Just a couple of points I'd raise as discussion areas for constructive criticism.

You get very close to a number of structures (the chair lift, etc) - not sure that that added much to the narrative of the day, but certainly added a bucketload of risk to your day.

You overflew the assembled wedding party at such a close height - yes it is a dramatic shot and the sort of thing people usually want to see in a 'Drone' video - but this is a Wedding video.
Was that really necessary and did it warrant the safety risk?

Compositionally, you have lots of 3/4 shots - I personally would have tended to have gone with less of those and more with full or close in head/shoulder framing.
Weddings are about intimacy as well as the event. Full framed shots to place the couple in context of the crowd, close in shots to capture the mood.

Exposure wise, you have a number of shots under cover being overly affected by the outside glare which leads to your subjects being dull and shadowy in the frame - A different perspective would have given you and the camera a better chance to catch the happy couple in a more flattering manner. Did you have any access to additional lighting?
2016-9-22
Use props
Morrisey Video
lvl.1
Thailand

The wedding video is rad man.. That drone shot of the wedding party scared me haha! Thanks for the share

I told one of my good buddies I would get a couple clips for him at his wedding.. First time using the osmos and i really enjoyed it! However I found little bit of a learning curve but not too bad! One of my biggest challenges was actually keeping the pace of the bride to always have her face in it.. Sometimes I had it other times I was failing, could of been the drinks ;). Watch in 4k! Enjoy

2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Very impressive video.It's really nice. Thanks for sharing.
2016-9-27
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's cool!
2017-1-3
Use props
Jordak24
lvl.3