Gimbal playing up
806 6 2016-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

A couple of times recently my gimbal has stopped horizontal satbilisation and instead rocks from left to right as the Phantom 4 is moved left to right.   I noticed it when panning.  The problem goes away when powering off then on the Phantom, but this has happened a couple of times now.  I have the latest firmware and app version.  Anyone else had this?
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Carlton, may I know it was working fine before? would you please try to cool it down and do IMU calibration in a very level surface, please do not move it during calibrating period. Then please calibrate gimbal manually.
2016-9-20
Use props
carlton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-21 08:52
Hello Carlton, may I know it was working fine before? would you please try to cool it down and do IM ...

Yes it was working before and it seems OK now.  It has happened twice on different dates.  How do you do an IMU calibration.  I can't find that in the App menu?
2016-9-21
Use props
coolure
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15049 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-21 11:52
Hello Carlton, may I know it was working fine before? would you please try to cool it down and do IM ...

DJI Nathalia,
How do gimbal calibration manually?
2016-9-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

carlton@lenasol Posted at 2016-9-21 15:12
Yes it was working before and it seems OK now.  It has happened twice on different dates.  How do  ...

With all powered up and connected it should be in the 'aircraft status' menu OR 'Main Controller Settings/Advanced Settings/Sensors' there is a calibrate IMU option.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

coolure Posted at 2016-9-21 23:38
DJI Nathalia,
How do gimbal calibration manually?

Here is the screenshot for your reference.
gimbal calibration.png
2016-9-21
Use props
carlton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

IMU calibration was in Main Controller Settings, Advanced Settings, Sensors, Calibrate IMU.  Have done this.  Powering on the Phantom and the Gimbal appears to be fine.  Will test this in the field and report back.
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules