The spammers are back !
1259 5 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

I see the verification code is working well!!!!

Rod
2015-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What do you mean back. They never went away.
2015-1-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TenCentsWorth Posted at 2015-1-31 21:24
Yes as you can see the Penguin is still MINE!!!

Still shuffling the posts!

I noticed the shuffling of the posts a couple of days ago, 2 people didn't like what I was saying about my experience in court about charging for editing the video for money and technically not breaking the law.  They checked opposition on my posts and shoved me to the top of the list every time.  They did me a favor.
2015-1-31
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's weird because conversations are out of sync due to being moved up or down. This might be good for a heavily moderated QA forum where the mods knew what the right answers are, etc.
But it's crazy with a conversational forum.

Because DJI is using some kind of custom or unknown forum software, they probably don't have the proper tools to keep the spammers out. We have zero on any of our boards because we use a number of tools like stopforumspam, blacklists, honeypots, etc.
Even after all of that, we moderate the first couple posts from all members. It's not hard to do - even with 1.8 million posts and 40,000 members.

I'm sure they will learn as they go - but they should have hired better people to help with their software. It's pretty easy if you use a proven framework. I suspect they are spending more and getting less.
2015-1-31
Use props
deborahmacdonal
New

Australia

I tried an experiment.

I signed up using another email address of mine. Got a verification email which I deleted.

I was able to log in using that email address. So I can only presume because it did not bounce back it was verified or there is no actual verification process.

Regards

Guy MacDonald (c7bh)
2015-1-31
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

deborahmacdonal Posted at 2015-2-1 05:59
I tried an experiment.

I signed up using another email address of mine. Got a verification email wh ...

And herein ;lies one of the problems. That and no check against the Stop Forum Spam database before approval. This is automated and almost a necessity if one wants a spam free forum.
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules