Still can't find full screen
2235 12 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speedbird1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218337 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all, i'm still having issues finding full screen when watching back video recording in the Go App.

I can playback in the editor screen but only in a 2x3 inch view.

Any ideas please.

I'm using an iPad Mini.

Thanks

Mike
2016-9-21
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I don't know if iOS has it but try VLC it'll play any video I had that trouble with my mini drones
2016-9-21
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

And don't play your files on your iPad, play them full resolution from the SD-card on a PC or Mac or even your 'minimally full HD or UHD) TV-set.
Looking at pictures on an iPad or other device is not encouraged and gives terrible results.
2016-9-21
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

You can't watch the full size (full screen) videos from the DJI Go App unless you select to download the 720 version of the video to your device. Then you can view it in the library full screen.

Best way to view the media is to view it from your pc, desktop, laptop, etc.
2016-9-21
Use props
bjwinspect
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1768576 ft
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2016-9-21 18:10
And don't play your files on your iPad, play them full resolution from the SD-card on a PC or Mac or ...

I watch videos from my phantom on my iPad and they are very clear.....I think this is wrong info!
2016-9-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bjwinspect Posted at 2016-9-23 14:04
I watch videos from my phantom on my iPad and they are very clear.....I think this is wrong info!

Perhaps, if you don't want to watch full resolution 4K images, otherwise it is quite true. Not even the iPad Pro can display full 4K resolution.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, are you trying to watch the cached video files that record to the tablet, or are you trying to play direct SD card files? If it's the latter, what resolution are they filmed at?
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bjwinspect Posted at 2016-9-23 12:04

As Geebax mentioned, it's based on what resolution you're filming at. If you have a newer iPad, then anything you filmed at 1080p on the craft's SD card would play fine on the tablet. 2.7K and 4K normally do not play back on tablets well do to hardware limitations. Cached video is always 720p, so that will playback fine on the device.
2016-9-22
Use props
Speedbird1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-23 05:59
To clarify, are you trying to watch the cached video files that record to the tablet, or are you try ...

Good morning, I am trying to watch the cached version (now that i know what it's called) on the iPad that i used for the flight. I am aware that the best option is on a larger screen from the sd card, but so that i can have a quick look before using the Mac I like to look at the iPad but at a larger view than what i'm currently getting which is, like i said about a 2x3 rectangle.

I have always done this in the past without issue but the last few flights it's different.

Thanks for the help so far guys, it's appreciated.

Mike
2016-9-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The clips in the edit mode are the 720P cached files, and the retina display on the ipad (pro) is 2048x1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi), so what you are seeing is a true representation of the file on the screen (at its native mode). What would be required is for the editing software to scale this up from 720P to 1536P. The images will appear larger on lower resolution displays.

Or I could be wrong
2016-9-23
Use props
Speedbird1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-23 10:06
The clips in the edit mode are the 720P cached files, and the retina display on the ipad (pro) is 20 ...

Thanks for that Aardvark, but i didn't understand a word of it. (not disrespectfully) just don't get pixels this and pixels that.
I have watched the footage from previous flights without issue. I have changed no settings so cannot understand why the size is different all of a sudden?
2016-9-23
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

Speedbird1 Posted at 2016-9-24 00:44
Thanks for that Aardvark, but i didn't understand a word of it. (not disrespectfully) just don't g ...

Speedbird,

There are probably a zillion of possible reasons that you have smaller size viewing. Maybe you changed  a setting somewhere but the point is: the 'editing' you can do on your mobile device is not worth the name: it is a bit playing with horrible quality of images as has been said many times in this thread. If you want to really edit take the full resolution images , transfer them to a PC or a Mac and edit them there. That's how it's meant to go. Otherwise you have spend a thousand dollars too much for a much higher video-quality than a cheaper drone but you don't use that higher quality at all, which would be a pity and money spent for nothing.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Speedbird1 Posted at 2016-9-24 00:44
Thanks for that Aardvark, but i didn't understand a word of it. (not disrespectfully) just don't g ...

Have you happened to notice any duplicates files in your cached video folder? If you could happen to provide a screenshot, it would be appreciated.
2016-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules