Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware 3.10 Updates GPS Firmware to 6.0.1.6
12Next >
8427 54 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For those of you that have decided to NOT perform the lastest firware updates.

Be advised that the firmware also updates the GPS. There is no information on what this GPS update was for but it does improve sat reception.

This changes the firmware up 2 builds from 6.0.1.4 to 6.0.1.6

I have not seen any other posts that discusses this change.

The picture below was taken with my Phantom indoors being blocked on 2 sides by a Mac 27" screen and my 3d Printer.

Prior to the udpate in this position. (Where I can plug the usb input into the Mac) It would see 0 Satellites.

After the GPS update in theory I can fly indoors as it displays 6 Satellites. It also locked Home position.

My Return to Home set at 60 Metres might be a problem though.

Pictures below. App and Firmware revisons plus screen shot of the App showing 6 Satellites indoors.

Cheers Brian

IMG_0873.png
Phantom.png
IMG_0872.png
2015-1-31
Use props
johnwarr.live
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

That's very interesting, I have just done the firmware update on my V+, but did not think to look at the GPS version or how many sats I got indoors as it was usually zero.
Will have to get it out again later and check...
2015-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-1-31 22:42
That's very interesting, I have just done the firmware update on my V+, but did not think to look at ...

I suspect that the firmware somehow improves either the reception or the connection to the Sats.

It did surprise me.

Cheers
2015-1-31
Use props
allbritt.email
lvl.2

United States

I suspect it just makes the an erroneous indication!   DJI did not list that as one of the benefits.   First, if it improved satellite reception, surely DJI would have listed it.  Second, I am skeptical that any software can overcome physics and pull in satellites inside a house.
2015-1-31
Use props
teggena.gmail
New

United States

I just did this update and got an "Error[34]" from my Mac's Vision App.   It's in a separate window with only the word "None" in it.    There's also a blinking yellow/red yield sign on the bottom left had side of the app.

What is this?   And, how do I fix it?

Error[34]

Error[34]

Error[34]

Error[34]

Error[34]

Error[34]
2015-1-31
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

teggena.gmail Posted at 2015-1-31 23:14
I just did this update and got an "Error[34]" from my Mac's Vision App.   It's in a separate window  ...

Tegg,
not 100% sure as you are on a Mac, though Gerry found he literally had to de_install all of the earlier versions of software and then completely re install as the update process did not work for him after several tries either, does not take much time but a bit of a pain in the ass.
He indicated after he did the "de-install and re-install" that it worked for him, so i would de-install all and start over.
Just re-read your post, sorry, i am pretty sure that that triangle blinking red/yellow is part of the communication error.

maybe reaching here but again, from what i read, i will de-install all and start over.
2015-1-31
Use props
teggena.gmail
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-1-31 23:26
Tegg,
not 100% sure as you are on a Mac, though Gerry found he literally had to de_install all of t ...

Thanks for the quick response.   To clarify, your are recommending deinstalling and reinstalling the Mac's Phantom Vision app, right?     Also, I failed to note, that when I power off/on the Phantom, the rear lights are in a fixed 'red' state.   
2015-1-31
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

teggena.gmail Posted at 2015-1-31 23:32
Thanks for the quick response.   To clarify, your are recommending deinstalling and reinstalling t ...

Yes,
If you read through the attached thread, Gerry actually de-installed the Phantom Vision Ap, RC Software and the Windows Installer, now that is where your situation differs as you are on a Mac,
i would do the de-install/completely and re-download from DJI..
Basically, Start over!

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

Sorry, missed the red state thing,
Just guessing your Phantom is a Republican!,
seriously, no clue but i would start over.
2015-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

allbritt.email Posted at 2015-1-31 23:03
I suspect it just makes the an erroneous indication!   DJI did not list that as one of the benefits. ...

To start with, if the Phantom made erroneous GPS indications by a factor of adding 6 we would all be in a lot of trouble.

Satellite RF will penetrate solid object but will lose power in the process. You do not need to overcome physics, that is the Physics.

Have you not noticed that your phones will give you a position in your house or in shopping centres.

I have a GPS app on my iPad that I use on my Motor Yacht.

See the picture below. It is placed in the same position I tested my Phantom.

It is a GPS app that identifies the accuracy of the Fix.

As you can see from the picture, inside my house I get a GPS Accuracy of 5 Metres.

Cheers.

p.s. Perhaps DJI did not make a song and dance about this change as maybe it fixes some of the crazy fly ways people experience.
IMG_0876.jpeg
2015-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I just did this update and got an "Error[34]" from my Mac's Vision App.   It's in a separate window  ...

It looks like the firmware updated OK. from the second picture.

I would power cycle the Mac and the Phantom and check the firmware versions in the APP AGAIN.

It may not be an issue. What version of OSX are you running. I am running Yosemite

When the firmware process is complete you have to power cycle the Phantom.

Let us know how you go. I would not go through the uninstall and reinstall, its not a windows machine.
2015-1-31
Use props
allbritt.email
lvl.2

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-31 23:58
To start with, if the Phantom made erroneous GPS indications by a factor of adding 6 we would all  ...

Thanks.  That is encouraging.  With all the issues people are having from firmware updates, it's a little scary to attempt an update without some significant benefits; and this  is significant.
2015-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Just had a closer look at your version page.

It looks like the Update failed after the main board was updated.

The main board is the correct version but your GPS  was not updated and that should have happened at the same time.

Most likely a comms error in the Firmware transmission. For the second half of the update.

Im not sure if you can force the firmware update through again. But give it a try and use a different USB cable this time.

Cheers
2015-1-31
Use props
teggena.gmail
New

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-2-1 00:15
Just had a closer look at your version page.

It looks like the Update failed after the main board  ...

Thanks.     I followed your instructions, short of a new cable.    I did reapply the 3.1 firmware upgrade.    It seemed to go ok.    Check out my versions screen.     I see compared to yours, my GPS is still at .4 not .6.    I assume this is NOT good?   

Also, I did get an initial Error[34] error again, but it flickered on/off, and then eventually went off.    The Phantom, powered on, is now flashing a normal yellow lights vs the solid red.   

I'll wait until you bless the version screen before I attempt a flight.   

Not to confuse anyone, but I'm also including a screen shot of iOS Vision app BEFORE this reload.   I tried to see if she'd fly with this error condition.    The bottom line is she wouldn't.    Even with 7 sats, she would not spin the props.    I then noticed the "System Error" message on the screen.   This is when I gave up and came here.   
IMG_8770.JPG
IMG_8768.PNG
2015-1-31
Use props
marc.aronowitz.
lvl.2

United States

I did the update on a MAC with-out an issue.   All the firmware looks good.   When I check the Vision App, it shows the app version 1.0.46, but it doesn't show anything for the Camera or Naza?
2015-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

teggena.gmail Posted at 2015-2-1 00:48
Thanks.     I followed your instructions, short of a new cable.    I did reapply the 3.1 firmware u ...

Its blank on mine as well. Thats the loader version. I guess it doesn't have a loader of its own and uses the main board 29.0.2.1 loader..

Your Hardware version for the GPS model is correct at 6.1.1.2

But the firmware version is not correct its at 6.0.1.4 it should read 6.0.1.6.

It sounds like the flickering error you get happens as it attempts to update the GPS firmware.

I would not fly until this was fixed.

The Two firmware flashes for the main board and GPS are matched. Thats why they are in the same update package.

It also looks like you have an old battery in there. Do you have a latter model battery to try?

Can you post a pic from the "about" from the Vision app verifying the FC 200 camera version?

I upgraded mine to 1.3.0g before the 3.10 main board update. There may be a link between the camera version and the GPS version.

Cheers

2015-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

marc.aronowitz. Posted at 2015-2-1 01:05
I did the update on a MAC with-out an issue.   All the firmware looks good.   When I check the Visio ...

Do you mean in the Vision app settings about page?

You need to have the Transmitter, Phantom and range extender operational to get the values from the About page.
2015-1-31
Use props
kp.iwsltd.email
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

teggena.gmail Posted at 2015-2-1 00:48
Thanks.     I followed your instructions, short of a new cable.    I did reapply the 3.1 firmware u ...
Retracted..........

2015-1-31
Use props
BWJ
lvl.4

Denmark

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-31 23:58
To start with, if the Phantom made erroneous GPS indications by a factor of adding 6 we would all  ...

"Have you not noticed that your phones will give you a position in your house or in shopping centres." ---- yes but the position is here set by GSM, not GPS
2015-1-31
Use props
manosnotia2.gma
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

I have the phantom 2 vision plus  and after update the last version my phone app with tha last version saws me a message tha says mc error maintance required...the camera version not 3.0.1 and i can not update!...whats the problem?
2015-1-31
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

BWJ Posted at 2015-2-1 04:48
"Have you not noticed that your phones will give you a position in your house or in shopping centr ...

Depends on the phone and what not. My phantom 2 will get 6 sats and green lights while it is sitting on my living room floor. Some days yellow, but most of the time green. I have not updated to 3.10.

Gps indoors can very from day to day and house to house...  
2015-1-31
Use props
zterlier.gmail
lvl.1

Canada

I updated my firmware today and I am experiencing the same problem as others my GPS version appears to be 6.0.1.4 not the updated 6.0.1.6..

I use a mac for my phantom software assistant. has anyone found a fix for this? I have not tried flying my unit but everything else seems to work fine. no app crash or anything like that.
2015-1-31
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Remember that there are different versions of the Phanton 2, + v1,v2,v3 Etc....  So just like there are no firmware update for the Camera in the standar Phanton 2 Vision (White Egg Shape) When there is one for the Plus(Silver Camera. 3axi gimble) The is prolly no GPS update  for some version of the Phantom as well... Just wish DJI would crarify thsi a lil more....
2015-1-31
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

ronnydsosa.gmai Posted at 2015-2-1 06:31
Remember that there are different versions of the Phanton 2, + v1,v2,v3 Etc....  So just like there  ...

I did all my updates...everything seems fine...I have a Phantom 2 Vision (non +) and all seems OK except while my GPS hardware ID is 6.1.1.2 I'm only getting a Firmware reading of 6.0.1.3.  

Everything else seems to work through the Vision App and shows the update to ver.v3.1 and App ver. 1.0.46(1520) is OK Camera is ver. 1.1.9

Not sure about any of this...
2015-1-31
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-2-1 06:50
I did all my updates...everything seems fine...I have a Phantom 2 Vision (non +) and all seems OK  ...

Can anyone else that owns a Phanton 2 Vison (NOT PLUS) confirm that their GPS is upgraded to 6.0.1.6 and not stay at 6.0.1.3 ???   Untill then i think you have little to worry about.
2015-1-31
Use props
johnaunderwood
lvl.2

United States

Vision 2 + Here is my upgrade page after upgrading
Update 3.10.png
2015-1-31
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I could be wrong but I don't think the GPS is upgradable , might be differing versions
depending on when the Quad was assembled ?  
2015-1-31
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2015-2-1 07:53
I could be wrong but I don't think the GPS is upgradable , might be differing versions
depending on  ...

I think you may be right.  
2015-1-31
Use props
johnaunderwood
lvl.2

United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2015-2-1 07:53
depending on  ...

I think you have got it right, depending on what model you have (v.2 vs v.3). Just an observation.
2015-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

If the hardware versions of the GPS were different I would expect to see that reflected in the Hardware Version in the update page. Same as it shows different hardware versions and firmware for the older batteries.
2015-1-31
Use props
manosnotia2.gma
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

after all update....whats the problem?
IMG_0098.JPG
2015-2-1
Use props
edward.allison.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462175 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I agree with the comments re the improvement on GPS signal. I normally receive 0-2 satellites whilst I have my P2VP V3 plugged in for media download or when using the Assistant software. This morning it has 4 satellites! Hopefully this improvement will translate to the great outdoors. One rather annoying problem has arrived in the iOS App latest version (1.0.46). If the software sensed a gimbal block then it displayed such a message on the iOS device. Now, the App crashes every time. To test this just give your gimbal a small push and watch the App crash and burn. This really had me stumped as I had a couple of crashes after updating the App about a week ago and couldn't figure out why. I believe the problem is ONLY with iOS and is OK on Android. Annoying as the software often reports such a block incorrectly, so crashes could be fairly frequent. At this point I am not certain how this would affect filming as I only discovered the cause yesterday.
2015-2-1
Use props
johnkilcline.em
lvl.3

Portugal

manosnotia2.gma Posted at 2015-2-1 16:17
after all update....whats the problem?

try it again AFTER charging your range extender?
2015-2-1
Use props
manosnotia2.gma
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

johnkilcline.em Posted at 2015-2-1 18:41
try it again AFTER charging your range extender?

I made the upgrade three times....my range extender from 70% felt 20% ....i think maybe it wants calibration the gps...is that right?what do you think?...thanks
2015-2-1
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

edward.allison. Posted at 2015-2-1 18:40
Hi all,

I agree with the comments re the improvement on GPS signal. I normally receive 0-2 satellit ...

This has been experienced by a few of us after the upgraded App. We have reported it to DJI.

Cheers
2015-2-1
Use props
teggena.gmail
New

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-2-1 01:13
Its blank on mine as well. Thats the loader version. I guess it doesn't have a loader of its own a ...

The pic to your request is posted separately.    It's not easy to attach a pic to a "Reply".   
2015-2-1
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

teggena.gmail Posted at 2015-2-1 22:18
The pic to your request is posted separately.    It's not easy to attach a pic to a "Reply".

There is some conjecture that the .6 GPS firmware may only relate to the Vision 2 + V3.

What exactly is your Phantom?

Cheers
2015-2-1
Use props
teggena.gmail
New

United States

Here's the latest on my update disaster.    Attached are the 2 current version screens.     After a few hours yesterday, I put it aside until now.   

I powered everything up to provide these screen shots.     I only got the Error[34] once, and it flickered by.     The lights are flashing a normal 'yellow'.    I'm about to take her outside to see if it will calibrate, find sats, and run the props.     

I do not have another battery at this time.     I have 2 more coming next week.

I have a couple specific questions:   

- Can the 'update' be run multiple times without causing a problem (I've done it may be 5-6 times).
- Is there a problem with my GPS versions being Hardware ID = 6.1.1.2 and Firmware = 6.0.1.4 not matching?
- How can find out what exactly is an error code "Error[34]"?    Certainly, there's a developer in the world somewhere who wrote this code and knows.   
- How exactly to you contact DJI for help assuming these current efforts are not successful?
- Do you think that the next update released may sync by GPS versions?   

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.   
IMG_8776.JPG
IMG_8774.PNG
2015-2-1
Use props
teggena.gmail
New

United States

teggena.gmail Posted at 2015-2-1 22:36
Here's the latest on my update disaster.    Attached are the 2 current version screens.     After a  ...

Update -  I took her outside to see what happens.   

- calibrated properly - good
- found 8 sats - great
- no error messages on Vision app - good
- brief low at flight - good

2015-2-1
Use props
rdp05.centuryte
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-1-31 22:42
That's very interesting, I have just done the firmware update on my V+, but did not think to look at ...

I upgraded to ver310 on v3 now my camera control does not work ! the knob on controller does nothing nor does my I phone!!!! who would have thought that !!!!  
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

rdp05.centuryte Posted at 2015-2-2 01:53
I upgraded to ver310 on v3 now my camera control does not work ! the knob on controller does nothi ...

Did you also download the DJI vision APP on the phone?
2015-2-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules