rdp05.centuryte
Also recalibrate the transmitter.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-2-1
Use props
rdp05.centuryte
lvl.1

United States

It was fine till I updated ! is there a new app too??
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rdp05.centuryte Posted at 2015-2-2 02:06
It was fine till I updated ! is there a new app too??

There is a new DJI APP on the download page for the phone also.
2015-2-1
Use props
rdp05.centuryte
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 02:02
rdp05.centuryte
Also recalibrate the transmitter.

Thanks did that still no adjustment on camera ! RC channel working according to RC calibration! but doesn't move camera!
Thanks
2015-2-1
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I would think GPS update will add more no fly zones
2015-2-1
Use props
rdp05.centuryte
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 02:11
There is a new DJI APP on the download page for the phone also.

mine just keeps wanting to open the old one on iPhone!
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rdp05.centuryte Posted at 2015-2-2 03:55
mine just keeps wanting to open the old one on iPhone!

You have to delete the old one from your phone before you download the new one from DJI download page.
2015-2-1
Use props
rdp05.centuryte
lvl.1

United States

Yep did that ! still nothing!
2015-2-1
Use props
bahamasboy.emai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Hey All... Just thought I'd let you know about my upgrades....
Before the latest firmware upgrade on 1-30, I had already updated my camera firmware (pain in the butt to do but I managed thanks to these boards).   I then updated the vision App.  I updated the Vision Assistant software early this morning.  I'm using an Iphone 6+ running IOS 8.1.3.   I've been tentative about upgrading the Wi-Fi extender but thought I'd give it a go.  So... today I updated the extender THEN used the Assistant software to upgrade my Phantom V2+ (not version 3).    I had no gimbal issues or app crashes while desktop testing.  I was able to get 4 sats while indoors (never even had 1 before this).   I took a chance and took her outside for a short 5 min  (low) flight.  The only issue I experienced was when I started to record (I wanted proof of a flyaway if it happened and I could find her).  I got an SD Card error.  I left the phantom powered on and ejected, then reinserted the SC card and all was good.  I flew for a couple of minutes. Landed then attempted to take off again... got the low satellite warning. Moved positions, got the OK and launched.  I even reset my home position while aloft just to verify.  She flew GREAT and held her position tightly in a HUGE wind gust of about 20 MPH.  Yes.. I was very nervous.    Below is a screenshot of my current versions.  I don't know if it will, but maybe the order in which I upgraded and the screen shot below may help someone.    WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER IN THIS LIFE OF FLYING DJI!!  I will let you know how it goes when there is less wind and I attempt a longer/farther flight. Phantom 2vplus after upgrade.jpg

Cheers.
2015-2-1
Use props
rdp05.centuryte
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 04:33
You have to delete the old one from your phone before you download the new one from DJI download p ...

Hey guys I got camera working right again ! had to go into assistant and choose basic controller then restart then choose upgraded controller. Thanks for all you guys help!!!!
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rdp05.centuryte Posted at 2015-2-2 08:01
Hey guys I got camera working right again ! had to go into assistant and choose basic controller t ...

That's good to know,  thanks for the fix.
Happy Flying!
2015-2-1
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-1-31 23:26
Tegg,
not 100% sure as you are on a Mac, though Gerry found he literally had to de_install all of t ...

my vision 2 gives me error 25 after update,how do i uninstall? and install older version? maybe update only works for v2(plus)?
2015-2-1
Use props
edward.allison.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462175 ft
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2015-2-1 22:02
This has been experienced by a few of us after the upgraded App. We have reported it to DJI.

Chee ...

Thanks for that. It's not a show-stopper but it can be a heart-stopper :-)
2015-2-3
Use props
espen.gundersen
lvl.1

Norway

Hey.
I have a DJI Phantom 2 vision +, and have a little trouble with it. A little back in time i was unlucky and crashed it. And as a result of this I had to change a lot of parts. The maincard, and the naza module and the engine was some of it.
So now it`s the last part and than it`s up and running. And that`s the GPS. I have now installed a new GPS on this Phantom. But when I connect the Phantom to the USB and open the software i just get in the upgrade menu that the Hardware and the Firmware is 0.0.0.0. I have now tryed to take a hard reset, but in the end I just get the error that the update is failed. So when I power it off and on again the Phantom is coming nicely up. But again without any information other that GPS is in mode 0.0.0.0.

I than trying to connect the old GPS on this one, and than he register the GPS in 6.x.x.x And this GPS is damaged so he can`t get any GPS satalites at all.

Is it any other way to get a Firmware on the GPS?
2015-7-7
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The Phantom GPS unit does not allow user updatable firmware.
If the main board is not detecting it then check the wiring from the GPS unit and that its compatible (DJI genuine part for your model).
If you still have trouble then I would suggest starting a new thread with full details of what you have done so far as this thread was started by someone who did not know that the version 3 Phantom has a different GPS firmware than the version 2.
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules