Phantom 2 got WRECKED.........
1159 1 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peyperj.yahoo
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi, I had an incident with the phantom two days ago. Already contacted Dji support via the website, but no reply or feedback...

I have been flying everyday, a couple of times. All was perfect, no problems.

I have a Phantom 2 with zenmuse H3-3D and gopro hero 4.

All firmware was up to date, the Quad was still in Phantom mode.

Followed the pre flight checks, compass calibration, waited for satellite fix. All went 100%

Battery was fully charged.

Took off and hovered at about 50m altitude.

Then flew the Quad a little further away from me, again around 50 to 60 metres and maintaining 50m altitude.

Then suddenly just lost control of the Quad.

It went to one side very fast and dropped out of the sky.
I switched the Tx off as quickly as I could to initiate Fail Safe.

Nothing helped.

I had to drive around until I found it. The battery was on the roof of a house. The Quad and zenmuse H3-3D was apart, badly damaged. The gopro is badly damaged, does not work anymore. The zenmuse is bent and cannot move on its axis. The rotor blades as broken, the arms of the quad is badly bent, motor stuck. Led underneath broken, landing gear damaged..... Etc

I recovered the SD card from the gopro to check the video of what happened.

The video just shows until where everything was still fine. Where I hovered and moved further away. Then the video just Stop....... Power failure maybe???

So there's no recording of the loss of control part and the crash.

In my right mind it tells me that power was lost, why would the gopro switch off then? No Wifi was used, I never use it.

Gopro switch off when I power off the quad......

So I really think something like this happened.....

I am a ROV (remote operated vehicle) pilot in Oil and Gas industry, I know robotics and are a confident pilot, even with the Phantom.

Any idea what to do now? It's a huge loss.

peyperj Posts: 8Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:45 pm

2015-1-31
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

WOW! So sorry about your loss.   Contacting DJI was a good idea. Did you buy your Phantom through a dealer? If so maybe you can contact the dealer. Was it still under warranty? I wish you lots of luck in your quest for support.
2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules