Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wired connection from Osmo to phone please!
1543 2 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SoloXis
New

Singapore

I understand that you don't have any plans for wired connection.

I'm currently using Osmo X3 and it's a wonderful, compact camera setup. I'm dying to use it for actual event coverage and wedding videography compared to my glidecam setup, but I can't.

One major problem I find with Osmo in general is that it connects via WIFI. It takes forever to reconnect (takes up to 10s at least for visual to appear) after waking up Osmo from standby, and after 3 standbys, it sometimes doesn't reconnect at all! I don't get why your drones connect via cable but Osmo connects via WIFI, which is such an unstable option. The short battery life also means I have to put it on standby as much as possible.

The connection via WIFI also means that any live-streaming can only be done via mobile data, which will surely exceed my data cap. Imagine a wired connection from Osmo to my phone, and a WIFI dongle for streaming video, it'll be an extremely convenient live-streaming event coverage camera!

I'm perfectly happy to shell out for a new Osmo handle if wired connection is ever going to be implemented in the future.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your suggestion, our R&D team is acutely aware of them and will make huge improvements based on them for future Osmo devices.
2016-9-22
Use props
jflamm
lvl.1
United States

Similar requests:

-Quicker way to connect to Osmo.  Wired connection would be great but also the ability to connect wirelessly, quickly.  Perhaps using the BT connection to accelerate the process.

-Autofocus and codec.  The Osmo is a great solution - please have the camera portion codec, autofocus, data rate, etc. be on par with equivalent cameras.  It's disappointing to have great stabilization and an excellent form factor and usability at the expense of a step down in image quality.  This applies for both X3 and X5.  X5 focus and video quality is nowhere near equivalent m43 cameras.

-X5 as a product falls far short of the vision for a filmmaker's dream tool.  The problems above apply.  Fan noise is terrible.  Quality nowhere near other m43 cameras.  The video from late 2015 which shows the Osmo Pro as an Indie filmmaker tool is exactly what I want.  Please make this device with video at least close to G4 GX85.  It doesn't have to be best in class for video but it does need to be very good.  Way too many rough edges on usability - focus, etc.
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules