Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 2.9.2
1810 13 2016-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

Any inputs to the the ones using the latest DGI Go 2.9.2?

I just updated it and my first flight seems fine.

Does DJI release what bugs were corrected?

The first thing I checked was if I can set the Video transmission to 4 mbps/Auto, but that bug is not fixed yet. We can not set it.

2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

2.9.2 works fine.
And you not being able to set the bitrate to 4Mmbps in auto is not a bug, that's how the system works. It automatically sets the bitrate.
You need to switch to Custom to manually lower the bitrate.
2016-9-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-22 12:51
2.9.2 works fine.
And you not being able to set the bitrate to 4Mmbps in auto is not a bug, that's h ...

Do you have a list of what bugs were corrected?

If there is a mode which will give me more range and less screen pixelation, and I can not set it, it's a bug in my book! Custom scares me a bit, especially when I fly more than 1500 feet out.
2016-9-22
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2.9.2 allows you to switch off VPS on P4 now.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-23 01:02
Do you have a list of what bugs were corrected?

If there is a mode which will give me mo ...

No I do not have a list.
And remember, the auto/custom is only for video. You should still have RC signal.
So choose custom, pick the best channel and lower the bitrate. Fly out and if you start losing video change the channel to a more stable one.
And when flying out more that 1,500ft, you should have no issues at all in auto unless your in a heavily congested area.
2016-9-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-9-22 13:07
2.9.2 allows you to switch off VPS on P4 now.

Thanks!  I did not know that.

I guess that feature is beneficial to the ones flying low over water.

I wonder what other benefits do we get by shutting it down? Maybe if the P4 is acting weird and dropping altitude, we can turn it off while flying??
I thought that having the VPS and the barometer working to calculate altitude is better than having only the barometer.  Barometers can be affected by environmental factors.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-23 01:13
Thanks!  I did not know that.

I guess that feature is beneficial to the ones flying low over wat ...

Your P4 should not be dropping altitude when not flying in it's limitations. If you have to turn off VPS to make it not lose altitude and your withing the limitations then you should preform all the troubleshooting steps and send it in if you cannot remedy it.
And yes you can disable it during flight.
2016-9-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-22 13:18
Your P4 should not be dropping altitude when not flying in it's limitations. If you have to turn o ...

My P4 so far is not dropping altitude, but I have seen posts here when the P4 started dropping hundreds of feet on it's own, and it fell into a lake, with no RC inputs from the operator. That seemed like a hardware failure, so if it was VPS, I can now turn it off. But if it was the barometer, then that stays on all the time.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-23 01:25
My P4 so far is not dropping altitude, but I have seen posts here when the P4 started dropping hund ...

I've heard of that happening, the reason is the user installs a gimbal guard to protect the camera in a crash.
The sonar waves are reflecting off the guard and giving the flight controller false readings and that's why the aircraft climbs/descends hundreds of feet.
If you must use a gimbal guard, make sure it is far up enough so it doesn't effect the sonar waves.
2016-9-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-22 13:40
I've heard of that happening, the reason is the user installs a gimbal guard to protect the camera ...

I would never fly with one; I am actually afraid the sonar may get reflections from the camera!
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-23 01:48
I would never fly with one; I am actually afraid the sonar may get reflections from the camera!

I'm just explaining to you why the aircraft crashed from the post you read.
2016-9-22
Use props
keiser08
Captain
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried it once overwater with VPS off. How come the P4 was still moving around same as when it is on.
2016-9-23
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

keiser08 Posted at 2016-9-24 08:35
I tried it once overwater with VPS off. How come the P4 was still moving around same as when it is o ...

The VPS is designed to lock the position of the aircraft based upon a static high contrast image of the ground. If over moving water it would seem it was 'locking' onto wave patterns or objects floating in the water and following these. This is not something I witnessed as I've not done any static low level images over water yet. I've done a few @ the 15-65 foot mark while moving and not noticed any problems at all.

If still moving with it off then that would be expected I would think, as it is then depending only on Glonass/GPS to hold its position, and there would be small errors there, although it shouldn't move far.
2016-9-24
Use props
keiser08
Captain
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply! ill try it while moving when it is off. I wanted to do a course lock while above water to film my wife but I'm afraid that something might happen.
2016-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules