7228 28 2016-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.powley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am having a great time experimenting with my new Osmo Mobile and iPhone 6S, however I am extremely disappointed with the storage option included in the box. Although the quality of the bag is fine it's a lazy and completely useless design for safely storing and carrying the Osmo Mobile, I would go so far as to say that this bag is not fit for the intended purpose.

Although I don't expect anything will happen, DJI should consider offering a hard shell replacement/upgrade for this case or maybe offer a discount upgrade for existing customers and modify future shipments.

2016-9-23
Use props
MedsArt
New

I just use the bag for the tripod and extention rod i agree its no use for the Osmo Mobile itself would be destroyed in a day i just keep mine in the box
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The bag is complimentary, it's better than carry the Osmo Mobile with your hands.
2016-9-28
Use props
m.powley
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-28 09:08
The bag is complimentary, it's better than carry the Osmo Mobile with your hands.

Complimentary suggests it comes for free, which it certainly doesn't. The bag is listed as "in the box" and included in the bundle a customer chooses to buy. It's not a gesture of good will bonus offer, rather something sold as included in the price and as such suitable for the intended job (which it isn't). I agree it's better than carrying by hand but not by much. The case included in the box for the Osmo seems like a much more considered choice.
2016-9-28
Use props
charmthepi
lvl.1

you are exactly right! Great observation and post!
2016-9-28
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

I want a hard case for my Osmo Mobile. It would be nice to be able to store the tripod, extension rod, and base in it as well. Thanks!
2016-9-28
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101526 ft
United States

The Osmo barley fit in the case supplied.
2016-9-28
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

zoti Posted at 2016-9-29 07:28
The Osmo barley fit in the case supplied.

No case supplied with my mobile. It no longer fits in the shipping box after balancing for my iPhone. I'm asking for a case to hold the mobile and common accessories.
2016-9-28
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

jalexartis Posted at 2016-9-28 20:50
No case supplied with my mobile. It no longer fits in the shipping box after balancing for my iPho ...

Look in that black box that was on top of the gimbal
2016-9-28
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

zoti Posted at 2016-9-29 12:08
Look in that black box that was on top of the gimbal

In that is the bag discussed above. It is not a case. The case is a hard-bodied enclosure we want to carry the mobile and possibly other accessories.
2016-9-28
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

It comes with a bag. Not a case.
2016-9-28
Use props
wanderingbrowni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45830 ft
Belgium

It's better than getting nothing to protect your Osmo Mobile. Bear in mind the price / value you get. Sure, a hardcase would be welcome but I believe DJI did not include this as there is no camera / lens to protect (in comparison to the original Osmo).
2016-9-29
Use props
FrustratedOsmoM
lvl.1

United States

I wonder if we could somehow cut out the foam the Mobile came in and fit it in the bag. Haven't bothered with the bag but will check when I get home
2016-9-29
Use props
m.powley
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FrustratedOsmoM Posted at 2016-9-29 10:19
I wonder if we could somehow cut out the foam the Mobile came in and fit it in the bag. Haven't both ...

I did wonder the same but I am also working with a friend on a laser start up so it may be possible to laser cut some "funky" foam to precisely fit the tripod extension and Osmo Mobile too. I just need to find the time and an appropriate case to house the final funky foam.

It would be nice for DJI to create a custom hard case that can hold the Osmo Mobile, tripod and extension (maybe an extra battery or two). I would be more than happy to buy one at the £15 > £20 mark, similar to the one already made for the Osmo. That being said something like this should have been included instead of this bag! (*edit* pencil case)

2016-9-29
Use props
m.powley
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wanderingbrowni Posted at 2016-9-29 09:35
It's better than getting nothing to protect your Osmo Mobile. Bear in mind the price / value you get ...

There is a gimbal to protect though. Whilst I respect your opinion, I am not sure why some people seem to suggest I should be happy to get anything. I stress again this bag is not a freebie and is part of the consumer product I bought and the decision to buy. The provided case/bag should be fit for purpose, the most this can do is prevent scratches or dust.

It would have been a really cool idea to make the foam packaging for shipping good enough and cut well enough to fit into a slighter larger version of the bag. But then again just provide a hard case

Anyway I have expressed my views enough on this topic now.

2016-9-29
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

Not sure if it was pointed out but I did find a site that offers a possible hard case option that has you use the foam that came with the Osmo Mobile - https://www.hardcases.ca/products/dji-osmo-mobile-case

I like the idea of using the foam the product came with because it offers better protection than the bag and I think it's smart to pull this out of the paper box an place it in a hard case.  I've also looked into Pelican cases and it looks like the medium 1450 with no foam would be a similar option.  I'm going to hit Cabela's this weekend and also look at their handgun cases because they might offer something that would work at a lower price.  I do find it annoying to have to readjust and balance my phone every time I pull the device out of the foam because it won't fit with the arm extended to where I need it.  I guess the egg crate foam would work as well and I could leave it as I need it with that type of foam.  I'm sure DJI will come out with an option later but I am hesitant to see the cost of that product.   

2016-9-29
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

kkodalen159 Posted at 2016-9-29 22:38
Not sure if it was pointed out but I did find a site that offers a possible hard case option that ha ...

I like the Nanuk 910 case you found; but, found it at a better price at Amazon.com [ http://amzn.to/2cSEcFV ]. I have ordered and expect it Friday, 10/07.
2016-10-5
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-5 11:48
I like the Nanuk 910 case you found; but, found it at a better price at Amazon.com [ http://amzn.t ...

Yeah I saw that, just wanted to provide the link that shows how it fit using the original foam for the mobile.
2016-10-5
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

kkodalen159 Posted at 2016-10-6 00:08
Yeah I saw that, just wanted to provide the link that shows how it fit using the original foam for ...

Cool. I'll post a picture of mine on Friday. Thanks!
2016-10-5
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

As promised, here is a collage of pictures of the Nanuk case I purchased for my Osmo Mobile. For me, it is almost perfect. I wish I could fit my mobile base in the case with the contents in my DJI Bag [tripod, extension rod, battery charger & power cord, and Arca-Swiss Plate for the base].
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-8 05:09
As promised, here is a collage of pictures of the Nanuk case I purchased for my Osmo Mobile. For me, ...

It is nice indeed
2016-10-7
Use props
m.powley
lvl.2
  • >>>

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-8 05:09
As promised, here is a collage of pictures of the Nanuk case I purchased for my Osmo Mobile. For me, ...

Did you buy the 910 with the "pick and pluck" foam? not as many buying options in the UK for these.

Thanks,

Mark
2016-10-8
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

Thanks Thor!
2016-10-8
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

m.powley@virgin Posted at 2016-10-8 16:36
Did you buy the 910 with the "pick and pluck" foam? not as many buying options in the UK for these ...

Yes Mark, I did. I had to the get the foam in the top part of the clam--still only $60 at Amazon.com. I am not using any of the "pick and pluck" part. There is also a flat sheet about 1/2" thick and the size of the box included.

I like the case so well, that I hope to buy a 950 for my DSLR gear. I have a Think Tank harness for lenses and such for on-site pictures.

Take care.
2016-10-8
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

BTW, the gimbal arm is fully extended for my iPhone 7 Plus and still fits in the DJI original foam. I'm a happy camper!
2016-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure if it is a new product but DJI sells a protective case for the osmo mobile now.
https://m.dji.com/product/osmo-mobile-carrying-case
2017-10-26
Use props
Stuge(original)
lvl.1
India

Of Course bag seems useless as a stand alone accessory  ,but I tend to carry bag inside camera bag works well for me .
2017-10-27
Use props
HKJunkie
lvl.1

United States

My issue, as others also have, is that the Osmo Mobile really doesn't FIT into the soft bag.  I have to collapse the two adjustments to the most compact setting possible and even then its a struggle to get the Osmo Mobile into the bag AND get the zipper to close.  The bag is really a throw-away item in my book.  If it was just an inch or so larger it would at least work as a soft-case.  One should be able to pop off one's phone, and then fit the osmo mobile into the bag as is - not reset all the adjustments to the smallest state.
2018-2-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HKJunkie Posted at 2018-2-15 14:12
My issue, as others also have, is that the Osmo Mobile really doesn't FIT into the soft bag.  I have to collapse the two adjustments to the most compact setting possible and even then its a struggle to get the Osmo Mobile into the bag AND get the zipper to close.  The bag is really a throw-away item in my book.  If it was just an inch or so larger it would at least work as a soft-case.  One should be able to pop off one's phone, and then fit the osmo mobile into the bag as is - not reset all the adjustments to the smallest state.

I don't have this issue with my bag.
But my next purchase will be this one.
https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-mobile-carrying-case
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules