Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI

After your last update for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus many customers including myself have experienced the loss of video.
Photos and video record fine however there is no longer any video feed rendering the drone completely useless.
There appears to very little input from DJI other than it may need to be sent in for repair.

I am at a loss as to why your customers including myself should box up a perfectly working drone before the update and send in for repair at the customers expense.

Bottom line the drone was working flawlessly until the update.
Can someone at DJI explain the lack of customer service in regards to this known issue and yes for the record I have re bound and tried everything reported on this portal with no success. It would appear the repair will consist of new wifi modules?

Please someone at DJI explain your laxy daysical approach to this issue.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Visual, would you please help check "About" page on DJI vision? the version shows here or not? since you have re-bound and tried all basic troubleshooting, maybe something wrong with it. It would be best to send it in for further analysis by engineers. Please feel free to contact our tech support for further help. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-9-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-23 20:19
Hello Visual, would you please help check "About" page on DJI vision? the version shows here or not? ...

DJI Natalia.
APP 1.0.60(2068)
Camera 1.3.0g
Naza M 3.14  

Sending it in is ok for repair however all indications are it requires a new internal wifi module at the cost of $250CDN plus labour for something that worked flawlessy before the latest software upgrade and as identified by hundreds of other users.
This should be repaired for free by DJI and DJI should acknowledge their customers.
Either this was a marketing ploy to get other folks to by newer products or a blunder from DJI..
Regardless its a real shame when i currently own this Phantom 2 Vision plus, Phantom 4 and also owned an Inspire 1 and still have the Osmo.
So my lesson here is that once your unit becomes a few years old DJI will announce they no longer support it like they did with the Phantom 2 then years later they will release software that corrupts hardware forcing you to upgrade or swallow your losses.
DJI not sure where your integrity lyes here if you even have any but not impressed that a software upgrade to a perfectly usable drone that realistically had less than 10 flights on it before i purchased an inspire would be a paper weight after upgrading.
DJI Natalie I predicted your response and i guarantee that this post will have no further input by DJI.
lets see....
2016-9-25
Use props
1999fxd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Netherlands

In the same boat as you Visual Air, tried rebinding everything to no avail , dji vision app useless as well as my litchi app, can fly no problem and move camera no problem , no fpv or camera control from within app, not impressed DJI
Twiddling Thumbs in Thailand
2016-9-28
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Did y'all also have a No Internet Connection message when connecting your phone to the range extender? I can see telemetry, but no video feed, and I don't know if it will take pix or not--I didn't try since I cannot see what I am trying to get pic of.

Has DJI taken the time to reply to why they keep telling people to pay for repairs that seem to only be needed after THEIR update?
J
2016-10-1
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-24 10:19
Hello Visual, would you please help check "About" page on DJI vision? the version shows here or not? ...

@DJI Natalia, I have done all that Visual Air did with no results. There is nothing wrong with my quadcopter. It is the update. I can see telemetry, battery power, satellite connections, etc etc., just no FPV, and in my iPhone6 (all updated) settings, it says "No internet connection" under the Phantom connection--it does show it as connected--and I can see telemetry etc., so there is clearly nothing wrong with hardware. . . and it only happened after your update.

After the replies in this thread, I have not seen any other responses from you or other DJI staff. A response with some further guidance would be appreciated. Thanks
J
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jonathan@gatehe Posted at 2016-10-2 04:42
@DJI Natalia, I have done all that Visual Air did with no results. There is nothing wrong with my q ...

Hi Jonathan, thanks to bring this to our attention. Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it would be best to send it in for further analysis then get it fixed.
Please feel free to send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com for further help.
2016-10-1
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-2 11:33
Hi Jonathan, thanks to bring this to our attention. Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting ...

It's out of warranty. Please understand how bad this looks -- this same problem happens to a bunch of folks after an update that y'all release. In y'all's experience of dealing with other people's returns wiht this issue, what has the issue been? If I am going to send it in, I'd like to know the various causes of this kind of issue to see if I want to send it in, or keep it local.

What has led to this problem for others?

J
2016-10-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

jonathan@gatehe Posted at 2016-10-1 22:36
It's out of warranty. Please understand how bad this looks -- this same problem happens to a bunch ...

I have sent mine in to Carson California for repair. I am hoping DJI will cover the repair cost but time will tell.
2016-10-2
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

Visual Air Posted at 2016-10-3 10:49
I have sent mine in to Carson California for repair. I am hoping DJI will cover the repair cost bu ...

Please keep us posted! If they cover it, then I'm happy and stay with DJI for quad/oct copters.

Fingers crossed!
Jon
2016-10-3
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft

Hey guys, it sounds like your WIFI module is burned out. If you still have telemetry, but no video image. You still can take video and photos, you just can't see what your taking pictures of. The thing that chaps my ass is that DJI doesn't carry spare parts for the Phantom2 Vision Plus or any other older bird.
2016-10-3
Use props
Frank P.
lvl.1
United States

There are 2 parts to the wifi module in the Aircraft. One part is for telemetry and the other is for streaming video. The streaming video part has a poor heat sinking flaw causing it to fail.
2016-10-4
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

jonathan@gatehe Posted at 2016-10-3 11:53
Please keep us posted! If they cover it, then I'm happy and stay with DJI for quad/oct copters.

F ...

Yeah Thanks.
just tracking now and should be in Carson California any day now and lets see if its covered or will I be bending over?
2016-10-4
Use props
1999fxd
lvl.4
Canada

Hi Visual , will wait and see what they have done for you , my major concern is whats gonna change by putting in new wifi module ? mine had the latest wifi module available at time of build and then they went to Phantom 3, I even went the extra step of redoing my thermal paste with Artic
Cheers Twiddling my Thumbs in Thailand
2016-10-5
Use props
thegaryclark
New

United States

At least ya'll are getting your app to work less live view. I can not get the app on my iphone to connect to my Phantom 2 Vision at all.  It will fly but now it has regressed to being a Phantom 1. Any tips on how to reestablish wifi contact with the app? On a side note, I have never updated the software for the GeoLocks around airports or restricted spaces. Wondering if the new DJI app is not compatible with the older firmware? If this is the case then I might need to purchase a new UAV because I like having it unrestricted.
2016-10-6
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft

Same thing going on here!  I haven't flown this bird in over a year.  BUT, the last time I did it was all working.  I had already replaced the wifi module and actually put silver heat sinc compound all over it to disperse any heat.   I'm getting ready to donate it to a school and  wanted to check it all out today.  No video feed! Says no internet connection.   Only thing I've EVER done in the past year is update the Vision App.  Any luck on your birds?  

2016-10-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

CAS-268022-P4L7X9

So heres the update $210.53CDN to replace the wifi module. No reason given as to why it failed. In my estimation it failed immediately after DJI released new software.
Just like so many others have reported pretty sad and no consideration given for the amount of DJI products i have purchased.
Pretty disappointed.
2016-10-8
Use props
1999fxd
lvl.4
Thailand

Thanks Visual for keeping us in the loop, kind of figured that was going to be there answer,my major problem with this solution is the wifi module itself,i dont have a lot of hours on the original one, so with this latest app cooking many,  i am sure the module itself has not been improved, for me i am going to be shopping for a new drone and it gonna take much to sway to another brand
2016-10-11
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

I have a post called "Bad companies" discussing DJI's response to this problem.  You should go there and chime in as I am the only one in the thread with this problem.  The rest of the people are saying I'm a jerk
2016-10-22
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Its of no use. It continually falls on deaf ears and there is definitely a issue with the wifi module but only after the update it was completely fine until that moment.
But honestly its a waste of time they just don't care to acknowledge or admit fault so either pay to have it repaired like i did or put it on the shelf to look at.
Its all over the forums with this problem and they just ignore it your only restitution is to send it in and lump it.
2016-10-30
Use props
andretomasi
New

Brazil

Well, according to this post the NAND on the wifi board gets corrupted after a while. Some guy there got it fixed but I'm waiting to see if we can get his walkthrough to repeat and publish it for others.
Lots of people having this same problem after keeping their Phantoms stored for a few months like me. And DJI won't say a word..
https://forum.dji.com/thread-45726-3-1.html
2017-4-21
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

andretomasi Posted at 2017-4-21 11:53
Well, according to this post the NAND on the wifi board gets corrupted after a while. Some guy there got it fixed but I'm waiting to see if we can get his walkthrough to repeat and publish it for others.
Lots of people having this same problem after keeping their Phantoms stored for a few months like me. And DJI won't say a word..
https://forum.dji.com/thread-45726-3-1.html

There are many instances of DJI P2V+ owners losing the FPV in the DJI Vision app. Although
telemetry and camera control operate ok there is a permanent black screen in the live video feed
window. This is caused by the Wi-Fi module within the P2V+ failing to boot its software because the NAND flash image becomes corrupt after some time.

You can follow the steps below to diagnose if your Wi-Fi module could be faulty due to this issue:

1.  Turn on your P2V+, remote control, and extender and connect to your P2V+ Wi-Fi network.
2.  Run the DJI Vision app and confirm you are connected to the P2V+ Wi-Fi network.
3.  Using a network ping app, such as Ping by Lipinic, ping IP address 192.168.1.2 – if successful
your Wi-Fi extender is alive and can connect to the P2V+ Wi-Fi, i.e., binding is ok. If ping fails
there is another issue so go no further.
4.  Ping IP address 192.168.1.1 – if successful the top PCB within the Wi-Fi module is working. If
ping fails there is another issue so go no further.
5.  Ping IP address 192.168.1.10 – if this fails the bottom PCB (WM301_DM368) within the Wi-Fi
module could be suffering from the failure to boot issue and you should continue reading
further. If successful then there is another issue so go no further.

If the ping test to IP address 192.168.1.10 fails you have one of two options; (1) replace the entire Wi-Fi module, however DJI have discontinued the spare part (2) try and recover the module, this can be found in the following forum thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D370%26typeid%3D370
2017-4-22
Use props
Homer Simpson
lvl.4

Canada

Visual Air Posted at 2016-9-25 08:39
DJI Natalia.
APP 1.0.60(2068)
Camera 1.3.0g

Why I stopped doing updates, if it works, leave it alone.
2017-5-4
Use props
Homer Simpson
lvl.4

Canada

Visual Air Posted at 2016-10-8 16:09
CAS-268022-P4L7X9

So heres the update $210.53CDN to replace the wifi module. No reason given as to why it failed. In my estimation it failed immediately after DJI released new software.

There is a local in Toronto a DJI repair guy, you can find him on Kijiji. Danny Vrekalic at dronestoronto@gmail.com he fixed mine and he travels.
2017-5-4
Use props
fans365c95b2
New

United States

ok whats the deal i get my quad out first time since 2015 fall  and like everbody else no video feed, was working fine when i put it away now no video. been reading how dji updated software on app and now it doesnt recognize live video feed wtf......so there is a fix right they cant just leave us out here to die. so come on dji get off your ass and fix the &^%$^ problem. i paid good money for this thing and have treated it like gold. not very happy right now
2017-5-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

You will likely need to send it in to DJI
2017-5-7
Use props
fans008f1d5a
New

United States

Hello all, I been reeding these posts for some time now hopping to hear some positive result? I got my phantom 2 Vision+ when it first came out. Dear DJI please fix the firmware, Own the mistake and get respect back from your consumers. I was about to get the Phantom 4 because my friend raved about it. The next morning I get a email saying to up date my drone. So I did. and since then no video feed to the app. Now my friend did not do the update and his works just fine. I took mind over to his house, the repitor works just fine, the remote works just fine, the drone flyes just fine, records video, photo just fine. Just can not see video on the app. Needless to say I refuse to give DJI any more of my money untill this problem is fixed. P.S. DJI I work in the Las Vegas convention service Industry, We techs talk and word travels fast. Think, Over a million Techs in my industry. Just saying, Man thats alot of direct marketing money lost. buy the way I only flone my drone 5 times. Thank.
2017-5-30
Use props
fans008f1d5a
New

United States

Hello all, I been reeding these posts for some time now hopping to hear some positive result? I got my phantom 2 Vision+ when it first came out. Dear DJI please fix the firmware, Own the mistake and get respect back from your consumers. I was about to get the Phantom 4 because my friend raved about it. The next morning I get a email saying to up date my drone. So I did. And since then no video feed to the app. Now my friend did not do the update and his works just fine. I took mind over to his house, the repeater works just fine, the remote works just fine, the drone flies just fine, records video, photo just fine. Just cannot see video on the app. Needless to say I refuse to give DJI any more of my money until this problem is fixed. P.S. DJI I work in the Las Vegas convention service Industry, We techs talk and word travels fast. Think, Over a million Techs in my industry. Just saying, Man thats allot of direct marketing money lost. By the way I only flown my drone 5 times. Thank.
2017-5-30
Use props
fans58b86be4
New
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Mexico

so disapointed with  DJI so sadly they did wrong with the app or heat problem or what ever. but over 200 dls. to get repair, after is youre mistake?? unbelievable. so sad.
2017-5-30
Use props
Pajon82
lvl.1
Sweden

I got the EXACTLY same problem. WIFI module is burned out! No video feed!
I tried to ping it, and no response.

This is a cause by you DJI... and a cost of over 200 dollar. My drone is now worthless... I paid 1500 dollars and have just used it about 8 hours in total.
Actually, I'm thinking of suing you if you won't help us. Other forums are full of this kind of problem.

So, what are your planes in this case, DJI?
2017-6-8
Use props
Lasernerd
lvl.1
United States

I have the V.3.0 updated wifi module etc.as soon as I did the update I lost video feed all else is good!! DJI what did you do? my wifi unit is the updated vented unit.
2017-6-8
Use props
Pajon82
lvl.1
Sweden

Lasernerd Posted at 2017-6-8 17:04
I have the V.3.0 updated wifi module etc.as soon as I did the update I lost video feed all else is good!! DJI what did you do? my wifi unit is the updated vented unit.

We all have the same problem, and it really stinks that DJI not taking responsibility in this case. What are you feelings guys? This is NOT OK. Because of a failure firmware, many of us have to buy a new unit for 200 dollars... NEVER. I will get further in this case. Also involved every day in Sweden for the most large Crime Program in TV, and I do have contact with the best loyers. DJI! RESPONS in this matter of case, please!
2017-6-10
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Pajon82 Posted at 2017-6-10 14:16
We all have the same problem, and it really stinks that DJI not taking responsibility in this case. What are you feelings guys? This is NOT OK. Because of a failure firmware, many of us have to buy a new unit for 200 dollars... NEVER. I will get further in this case. Also involved every day in Sweden for the most large Crime Program in TV, and I do have contact with the best loyers. DJI! RESPONS in this matter of case, please!

Don't think your best "loyers" will want to know.
The Phantom 2 is 3 years old now, the last firmware update was at the end of 2015.
Mine V+ continues to work perfectly so its not a problem with all Phantoms.
If its out of warranty (which all Phantom 2's will be by now) then you will have to pay for a fix or repair it yourself.
Sorry but threatening DJI with lawyers will not get you anywhere.
2017-6-11
Use props
Pajon82
lvl.1
Sweden

Harbourside Posted at 2017-6-11 10:34
Don't think your best "loyers" will want to know.
The Phantom 2 is 3 years old now, the last firmware update was at the end of 2015.
Mine V+ continues to work perfectly so its not a problem with all Phantoms.

Thanks for your reply! Well, it's not a threat actually.
I have used my drone for about 10 hours of flying. I gave 1200 dollar and I think that this device should cover this time without any components breaking. No crashes at all.
That's my opinion. Also, when so many DJI-users reporting the same problem, it is obvious that the drone have parts not working as they are supposed to do.
2017-6-13
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I do sympathise with you, but DJI gave you a 12 month warranty, you cant really expect them to fix it for free over 2 years after the warranty ran out.
I bought mine in 2014 and gave it fully working to my brother-in-law for Christmas last year, he continues to fly it with no problems.
All updates have been done on release and never had a problem, so its unlikely that a firmware update caused your problem, and as I said the last firmware was in 2015.

Also there were several 3rd party apps that clamed to boost the power of the wifi unit, maybe these caused the overheating, but you wont get anyone to admit to using one. Much easier to just blame DJI.

No official sales figures are available for the Phantom 2, but you can bet its in the tens of thousands if not more, the few or "so many" with problems is probably a very small percentage of sales.

2017-6-13
Use props
Homer Simpson
lvl.4

Canada

When I had issues right out of the box, the local DJI repair guy here in Toronto came out took it and repaired it. He did all the updates and told me never do anymore updates. Reason was he is repairing the units after updates and DJI is making money on it.
2017-6-19
Use props
Homer Simpson
lvl.4

Canada

Have you also noticed DJI has NOT responded to anybody's post in the P2 section? Like they have washed their hands on P2 pilots.
2017-6-19
Use props
Info
New

United Kingdom

Absolutely shocking. Went too meet a client today got the Vision 2 plus out and then spent hrs trying to understand what the hell was wrong. Lost £420 for the inspection then just found this forum which seems everyone is in the same situation. Straight after there update no video on the app and no wifi connection. Iv spent over £1500 on this drone and only used it a few times. Well I promise you this ill never spend my money with DJI again. Should be taking these con artists to court.
2017-6-20
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

As you use your drone commercially, you would have spent a lot more gaining CAA permission and insurance.
So sending it in to DJI for repair at around £220 or even replacing it with a brand new P3S for £509 is not going to hurt too much if you are charging £420 for each inspection.
Just out of interest, what update did you do ?

2017-6-20
Use props
Lasernerd
lvl.1
United States

I will guarantee it was the update! I have the vented upgraded wifi module...all was good till the 1st bootup of the Phantom,no heated wifi module.just lost video....
2017-7-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules