Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Support
499 1 2016-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RTinVa
New

United States

Wanted to tell everyone I had a problem with my Phantom 3 4K.  Once I turned on the drone, controller, and Go app I was not receiving a FPV.  The screen also indicated "Gimbal Disconnected".  I spent many hours and various emails to and from Support attempting to figure out the problem.  I even sent a video and picture to Support.  Thier final response twice was to send the drone to them so they could fix the problem.  

Since I had recently crashed the drone and had to send it out for repairs at my expense, and had flown very little since, this was not the response I was looking for.  I asked if they would pay for shipping and repairs since I felt the problem was a firmware issue.  I also did alot of digging online and it appears "Gimbal Disconnected" is a problem that others have fixed through numerous firmware adjustments.  Although I have never had any problems related to firmware or updates.  

Before I received a reply to this, which I could only anticipate would cost me in the end, I found the problem was in fact the multi wire connection that enters the top of the Gimbal.  This white wires connection was raised about 1/16" at most.  Although it did not appear loose I pushed it down and the connection was re-established.  Hense, problem solved!  Sometimes it is the simple things that we miss.  Lesson learned.  Check the wires if possible first when the Go app tells you something is disconnected!

I would like to comment how efficient the Support team was in working with me to fix the problem.  They were very quick to reply to my emails and I felt as though they were right there with me to assist in fixing the problem.  I never spoke to support on the phone during this problem but did previously when I had to arrange to ship my drone from Va to LA.  

Either on the phone or through emails the Support Team gets a five for thier efforts.  Thank you!  Love DJI and recommend them to others all the time.
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Thank you for the feedback, it's very much appreciated. Good to hear you were able to resolve your issue.
2016-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules