Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile AE/EF Lock and feature requests
6434 16 2016-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cally
lvl.1

Australia

I've just received my Osmo Mobile and I love it. I am pairing it with my new iphone 7plus and I also love it.
One strong feature I regularly use in the standard camera app, AE/AF LOCK does not appear to be functioning in the DJI GO app.
Touching  and holding the screen does indicate AE/AF LOCK but moving the camera  clearly shows exposure adjustment are happening automatically.
I  understand that I can use the iphone native camera app, to overcome this  issue but then the Osmo Mobile shutter release button then does not  integrate,
and the auto shooting mode ie panorama, active track, motion panorama etc are not available.
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE AE/AF LOCK FUNCTION WORKING ON THE DJI GO APP.

Motion  timelapse seems to have a screen dimmer that initiates at the 10 second  mark, which doesn't seem to be in any other shooting mode.
This is a  great feature to save battery power, but however it would be great to  have an option to disable this when you are required to properly monitor  the shooting process.
This is a really important one for me as  motion lapse was one of main reasons for purchasing the Osmo Mobile and  when shooting in full daylight I am unable to see the image on screen  after the first 10 seconds and as mentioned unable to lock exposure,  which does vary about 10 stops on some panoramics.

Another feature request for iphone 7plus integration : would be a 2x zoom that takes advantage of the 2nd optical zoom lens.
One  final feature request : re Multi Image functions, while it is great to  have in camera stitching for HDR and multi row panoramas, can we also  save the original images for
post processing in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.

2016-9-24
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good feedback
2016-9-26
Use props
zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hello have you looked Filmic Pro iOS it supports the OSOMO Mobile and the iPhone 7 https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/filmic-pro/id436577167?mt=8 it may be what your looking for
It supports 2x zoom that takes advantage of the 2nd optical zoom lens many more Options than the DJI GO App
Cheers
2016-11-8
Use props
The Slop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have noticed the same issues when shooting auto panoramas that the AE/AF lock does not work and the results are very poor.

Some people suggested using the manual camera settings but that doesn't work either

An answer on this from DJI would be appreciated.
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your suggestions, we're working to allow users use the Osmo Mobile buttons while using native camera apps, that will solve part of the issue, indirectly.
2016-11-9
Use props
jangermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-10 07:30
Thank you for your suggestions, we're working to allow users use the Osmo Mobile buttons while using ...

Yes the focus lock works with the native camera, but this function is mainly used in timelapse movies where the gimbal moves slowly.
Is there at way to setup and start the timelapse movement, but use another app?
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jangermann Posted at 2016-11-10 23:13
Yes the focus lock works with the native camera, but this function is mainly used in timelapse mov ...

I don't think that's possible, but the joystick,camera button function will be available later even when not using DJI Go
2016-11-10
Use props
fansb0c7a329
lvl.1

United States

Chiming in to also request an update so we can ae lock during active track and other modes. Also if we can film during timelapse mode in real time. It would be nice to setup positions and have it run the routine automatically. Thank you.
2016-12-30
Use props
Gomatti
New

Poland

I bouth osmo for motion timelapse on my galaxy s7edge but AF lock doesnt work.. please do something with this..
2017-1-6
Use props
Gomatti
New

Poland

Motion timelapse problem

i hold a screen on my s7 edge its locked but the effect is opposite.. when they fix this problem?
2017-1-7
Use props
fans69153a25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25709 ft
United States

We need AF lock. Please work on the fix. Thank you.
2017-3-2
Use props
Spinball
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I agree.  100% need exposure lock.  Filming a motion timelapse of a sunset is ruined by AE.
2017-7-31
Use props
Kune
First Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Spinball Posted at 2017-7-31 15:02
I agree.  100% need exposure lock.  Filming a motion timelapse of a sunset is ruined by AE.

I also agree... please add this feature. I have been taking some 180º pictures today and the result has been so poor... deferences in exposure between the different parts taken..

Any idea or workaround?
2017-11-19
Use props
armand pouya
New

Hello, any updates about this subject?

This is a real basic feature that should be there and it's  still missing on your software.

Please admin, give us news.

2018-5-26
Use props
CAPATAIN.1962
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I really need an AE lock where light is dimming or lightening during a timelapse. Sunsets and sunrises are ruined by Auto AE
2019-12-29
Use props
CAPATAIN.1962
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I would really love to set zoom points on the motion timelapse, is it possible?
2019-12-30
Use props
CAPATAIN.1962
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Another good feature to add is a motion video (so you could preset movement and not rely on doing it manually with the controls)
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules