DJI GO v2.9.1 Release notes anyone?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The most recent DJI GO app version is 2.9.1, however the last release notes are dated 2016-06-13 and there have been three changes to the DJI GO app since then.   Can we get a clue as to the changes?  

I wasn't even aware of those updates until my P3P started acting wonky and I noticed the version difference.  Symptoms include:
* motors revving up and down when flying waypoint or POI modes[ discovered the source of this particular problem was the Vision Positioning Systems getting confused by the leg extensions I had added to the landing gear]
* the camera records video to the app but not the SD card.
* now all I get is a black screen and that is what is recorded on the SD card - black photo or black video

Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (Model SM-T230NU) which has never had any problem up to this point.
App: 2.9.1
Ver: 1.9.60
  RC: 1.6.0

UPDATE: I deleted a couple of rarely used apps to free up some space, reformatted the SD card and rebooted the tablet.  I then reinstalled the app and did a test flight with photos and video and the camera seems to be working ok now -- not sure which of those things I did may have actually fixed all of the problem.

2016-9-25
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
Netherlands

Oh dear, sounds like an issue with the firmware. DJI will probably refute that however.
2016-9-25
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

latest dji go app is 2.9.2 as from 17th september 2016 which was 8 days ago

have you tried re-installing the dji go app ? also have to remember as the dji go app gets updated it requires more processing power to run than the previous version, so then makes some devices struggle to run the dji go app or not at all.
2016-9-25
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-25 18:00
latest dji go app is 2.9.2 as from 17th september 2016 which was 8 days ago

have you tried re-insta ...

Version v2.9.2 is for IOS, I have one of those rebellious right-wing Android devices so the latest is v2.9.1.

{:4_181:}
2016-9-25
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

gil Posted at 2016-9-25 23:29
Version v2.9.2 is for IOS, I have one of those rebellious right-wing Android devices so the latest ...

oh sorry my bad, you rebel !!
2016-9-25
Use props
gil
Second Officer
United States

I deleted a couple of rarely used apps to free up some space, reformatted the SD card and rebooted the tablet.  I then reinstalled the app and did a test flight with photos and video and the camera seems to be working ok now -- not sure which of those things I did may have actually fixed the problem.

Still having an issue with the motors revving up and down when flying waypoint or POI modes but it's not nearly as bad as it was.  Previously it was throwing up the warning about every 30 seconds  "Propulsion output is limited to ensure the health of the battery."  If I fly the same path manually the motors have a consistant hum.

Speaking of flying POI's, let me circle around to the original topic... release notes with a summary of changes to the app!

2016-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules