12Next >
2665 70 2016-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,
Upon unboxing my new P3S in the weekend and applying the firmware update (to 1.6.8) that it asked me to, I am having constant video feed loss issues where the app will read 'Disconnected' at the top in a grey bar. The video feed seems 'ok' until I reach about 30meters away and the it cuts out.
I've tried reverting back to an earlier firmware version 1.5.7 - buit this didn't help.

I then upgraded to 1.6.8 again yet the problem remains.

I can still fly the drone with the controller, but I have no video feed or control from my phone.

I have tried re-installing the app on my phone (Using a Samsung Note 7) to no avail.

I emailed someone at DJI but they're trying to say that it's an interferance issue. I highly doubt this as I'm flying the aircraft in the middle of various parks, hundreds of meters away from any buildings and there's very minimal tree's around. Which shouldn't matter as I get the error when I fly straight up.

Please find a screenshot attached showing where I tried to fly the drone and was able to take a photo @ about 9meters up. Shortly after this, the signal cut out.

What should I do? Take it back to the store I bought it from?

Cheers
Hunt

screen.png
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Hunt,please try to fly in an open area free of interference and adjust the antenna orientation when necessary.
If still no improvement,I think you need to contact tech support and send it in for evaluation.
They can be contacted via support@dji.com.
Could you please provide me with below information? I'll help to pass this issue to our support team.  
1. Firmware version.
2.Video Range
3.RC range
4.Environment(picture)
5.APP screenshots (runaway time)
2016-9-25
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

Hi DJI Mindy.

Thanks for your reply.
As you can see by the attached photo, I am flying the device a fair distance away from any interference. I have also tried adjusting the aerial by flying the aircraft straight up until it loses signal, then moving the aerial around in various positions but nothing helps until I bring the device to within about 30 Meters - that might be 30 meters vertically, or 30 meters horizontally. It doesn't seem to matter which - it loses video signal at about 30 meters in any direction.
1. Firmware version is 1.6.8 - I downgraded to 1.5.7 as a test but that didn't help so I have upgraded back to 1.6.8
2. 30 meters in any direction, horizontally or vertically.
3. I have gone over 100 meters away and the drone still responds to input fine, but I don't dare go any further away than that as it starts to become hard to see with my eyes, and I can't rely on the camera feed as that cut out at about the 30 meter mark.
4. Picture attached to previous post - but the Google maps location I am flying it in is here:  https://goo.gl/maps/rRhcmMgRKnz
5. What do you mean by APP screenshots (runaway time) ??

Thanks
Hunt
2016-9-25
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

many have this issue after updating firmware i still use 1.5.7 and litchi app and dont have this issue.guess dji have to come out with a newfirmware soon i hope. and i know what dji will say.the standard answer send the bird in to be evaluatet lol lol.instead of admitt its a bad firmware with a lot of issues as many people having problems.
so give us a new firmware dji
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

huntatwork Posted at 2016-9-26 12:44
Hi DJI Mindy.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your feedback.And please provide your aircraft SN and the screenshot when the video feed turned black.
2016-9-25
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-26 14:00
many have this issue after updating firmware i still use 1.5.8 and litchi app and dont have this iss ...

Hey,

Have you downgraded to 1.5.8? Or did you just not ever upgrade to 1.6.8? I'm wondering if I should try and downgrade to 1.5.8 again and give that a go?
2016-9-25
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-26 14:08
Thanks for your feedback.
Please provide a screenshot when the video feed turned black.

Hi DJI Mindy.
I will do that tonight and put it up here. What hours are you available?

Thanks
Hunt
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

huntatwork Posted at 2016-9-26 14:16
Hi DJI Mindy.
I will do that tonight and put it up here. What hours are you available?

You could reply me with the information and I'll check it.
2016-9-25
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-26 11:51
You could reply me with the information and I'll check it.

if you upgraded your drone to 1.6.8, then that is the reason bro.. i m having the same issue like lot of other people.. .. there is no solution for that yet, unless you have to change the main board.. or else if you are under warranty.. send the drone to DJI.. that is the only solution.. this error comes with their latest firmware upgrade.. version 1.6.80
2016-9-25
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

i downgraded to 1.5.7 from 1.6.8 and use litchi app more than dji go i have both latest version installed. i had the same problems but this issue disapeared when i downgraded and installed the newest version of the apps
2016-9-25
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

so the problem has to be in the 1.6.8 version of the firmware but dji wont agree with this
2016-9-25
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-26 12:38
so the problem has to be in the 1.6.8 version of the firmware but dji wont agree with this

how can they agree bro.. if they accept that the problem was in their end.. they will have to give warranty no matter what the drone condition is.. there will be thousands of drones.. and for me I have to pay around $160 for shipping cost to send it for warranty but that is also impossible for me because I bought this drone on ebay as a brand new.. but I don't have any purchase receipt and DJI asks a purchase receipt.. I collected money for long time to buy this dream machine for my educational purposes but it only lasted one month after buying. so i m waiting desperately for new firmware for 3 months now. and DJI sucks in that area..  
2016-9-25
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-26 15:08

Won't agree or won't admit it?
2016-9-25
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

they wont admit it but its have to be the firmware as people has problems when they update.just hope they are working on a solution on these bugs.as there is many many thousend out there who has problems.
SO WAKE UP DJI PEOPLE AND GIVE US A NEW FIRMWARE SO WE CAN ENJOY OUR BIRDS AND FLY SAFE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
2016-9-26
Use props
thegaz99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2289144 ft
Australia

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-26 17:07
i downgraded to 1.5.7 from 1.6.8 and use litchi app more than dji go i have both latest version inst ...

Hey rr, I am on 1.5 but on an OLD APP version like 2.8.3. do you think if I update app this could help my range like you?
2016-9-26
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

it did it for me and i use litchi newest app
think litchi is better than dji go
2016-9-26
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

itd worth a try and id cant hurt to try it
2016-9-26
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

Here's a screenshot of what I get when the APP/video disconnects:

2016-09-26 20.55.56.png
2016-9-26
Use props
Escalonilla
New

Spain

Buenos días, no te hagas caso de las pruebas, lo único que quieren es que se te pasen los 7 días para que no puedas pedir que te devuelvan el dinero. El P3 S es una estafa, con la ultima actualización no vas a pasar de 50 metros y ellos no quieren reconocerlo.
Un saludo.
2016-9-26
Use props
imdilanvlogs
lvl.3

Sri Lanka

basically DJI robbed our money..
2016-9-26
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

english or else we dont understand anything
2016-9-26
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

huntawork have you linked the remote the drone??
2016-9-26
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

are you on the drones wifi or your own wifi make sure you choose the phantoms wifi channel
2016-9-26
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

As stated in my first post. The video feed and signal is fine until the drone is about 30meters away then it disconnects
2016-9-26
Use props
makokiller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1115095 ft
United States

I am on version 1.2.4 and it works great.. I will NEVER upgrade to anything else. I can get out there about 1.5 miles.
2016-9-26
Use props
david240883
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96594 ft
Mexico

Hi

DJI really sucks, I have the "no signal problem" I live in Mexico. I try everything (downgrade, new SD, reconnect RC, etc.) nothing works. DJI says that I need to try again and if nothing happens then send back to them. There is an authorized reparation center in Mexico, I talk with them and tell me that´s there´s not software solution, I need to pay about 100 dollars and wait 15 days for replacement some hardware piece (something related to the rc connection or antenna). I gonna think what is my best option, send to the factory or pay the reparation.

That´s really bad, I will never buy another DJI product again.

(Sorry by my english)
Greetings
2016-9-26
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-26 15:07
i downgraded to 1.5.7 from 1.6.8 and use litchi app more than dji go i have both latest version inst ...

Hey rr - can you advise how you downgraded?
My understanding is you turn the RC and the aircraft on without the SD card in and open the DJI Go APP. Then once it's started up put the SD card in the camera gimbal with the 1.5.7 *.bin file by itself in the root of the SD card and the aircraft will install (downgrade) the firmware.

Is that correct?
2016-9-26
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

no you need to insert card with the firmware and then start up on normal way.just press the hat icon in top right cornet the hat for more than 10 sec.then you should see downgrade text.wait for the drone light change to green.then power down remove the card and check it on pc ther now is a textfile next to the firmware bin file.open the text to see if it writing succes in some lines then you downgraded ok
2016-9-26
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-27 14:05
no you need to insert card with the firmware and then start up on normal way.just press the hat icon ...

When I power on the drone with the SD card in, and the firmware is the only file on the SD card, then I press the button on the top right to bring up the downgrade firmware page on the app, I don't have any firmware options in the drop down menu to choose from.
I downloaded my 1.5.7 firmware from here:

http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive

Where did you get yours from?

Thanks!
2016-9-26
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

Oops - I had formatted the card with my Mac - so the drone couldn't recognise it.
I formatted the SD card with the drone and then put the 1.5.7 firmware on it which it then downgraded to.
However my no signal and disconnected errors still occur. I think there's something physically wrong with the unit.
2016-9-26
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

its the right firmware you used if you see in app about if its say 1.5.7 you did it ok.sorry that it dident help you
2016-9-26
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

Yeah it didn't work.
I took screen shots showing "Safe to fly" at 23 meters, then straight after I get "No signal" with a red banner. Then without going any higher or further away the "No Signal" changes to a grey banner saying "Disconnected".

No Signal

No Signal

Disconnected

Disconnected
2016-9-27
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

have you tryed to relink the remote to the drone or deleting the app and reinstall it??
2016-9-27
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

are you using the newest dji go 2.9.1 or 2.9.2??
2016-9-27
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

i using the newest litchi more than dji go
2016-9-27
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

I'm using 2.9.1
I don't have the option to update to 2.9.2
Have you got a download link to the apk for DJI Go 2.9.2?
I've Relinked the remote and drone.
I've Uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
I'm fearful of using the Litchi software as I've read stories where DJI won't honor the warranty if you use that software and something goes wrong. Also it costs $30 and I don't want to buy that if it doesn't help....
2016-9-27
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

Oh I'm using an android so 2.9.1 is the latest version I can get. I'm using a new Note 7.
Ill try my older Note 4 and see if that makes a difference.

2016-9-27
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

ialtso use android 5.1 on a huawei y5 phone the 2.9.2 version is for iphone i downloaded dji go from apkpure site just type in search dji go when you are on the site and then scroll down in left corner there will be some older versions of dji go app
2016-9-27
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

i like the litchi app because there you can let your drone fly waypoint missions as you are making.and it will fly the mission itself
2016-9-27
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-27 17:54
i like the litchi app because there you can let your drone fly waypoint missions as you are making.a ...

Yeah - that app does look good. I shouldn't have to use a 3rd party app just to use the drone though. DJI support aren't replying to me *grumble*
2016-9-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules