Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fan Sound, AGAIN.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toradze3

Georgia

Hey All

I am getting very tired of DJI product quality, because out of the whole 2016, it was flying for around 4 months. Meaning by airplane, being shipped back to DJI to fix it.
So almost the whole summer, was wasted.

I won't put you through the whole story, but i will tell you the recent issue.

In July, my DJI ADvanced started having a terrible sound. Meaning the FAN inside. It sounded like a chainsaw.
Here is the video:

Since i am not in US, i send it to Germany. Which takes at least 1 month of back and forth.
DJI fixed it, and sent it back to me.

And now 2 months later, the fan starts to sound weird again.

I sent them the ticket. But i understand they will tell me to send it to them again, and it will take another month or so, and HELLO DECEMBER. NO FLY season.

Has anyone else had the same issue? I am really tired and exhausted.

2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, really sorry to hear about the problem. Since you have sent e-mail to our tech support for this case, they will reply you the details to guide you send it in for further evaluation and get it fixed. Please wait patiently. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2016-9-26
Use props
toradze3

Georgia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-26 13:49
Hello sir, really sorry to hear about the problem. Since you have sent e-mail to our tech support fo ...

So you also think that fan sound is NOT normal?
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

toradze3 Posted at 2016-9-26 17:56
So you also think that fan sound is NOT normal?

It sounds a little louder than normal situation. Actually if everything is working fine, please do not worry about the sound, while it's better to send it in for evaluation firstly if you are worry about that.
2016-9-26
Use props
toradze3

Georgia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-26 14:18
It sounds a little louder than normal situation. Actually if everything is working fine, please do ...

Sending it in means No flying till December. What can be causing this sound?
It flies normal, no issues.
2016-9-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

toradze3 Posted at 2016-9-26 20:21
Sending it in means No flying till December. What can be causing this sound?
It flies normal, no  ...

It is a fan, it is needed to cool the electronics in the gimbal section, why are you concerned about it? I would be more concerned if there was no fan sound.
2016-9-26
Use props
toradze3

Georgia

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-26 14:31
It is a fan, it is needed to cool the electronics in the gimbal section, why are you concerned abo ...

yes i agree, but why it sounds higher pitched then usual, shouldn't concern me?
2016-9-26
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-26 11:31
It is a fan, it is needed to cool the electronics in the gimbal section, why are you concerned abo ...

hi bud,

Think he is concerned because the fan is on and sounds like the fan is running fast as well as soon as he starts up his p3 like the gimbal section is overheating straight away.

similar thinking to a car, when the car overheats the fan kicks in to cool it down, in the ops case the fan kicks in straight away on startup which makes me think he has overheating issues in the gimbal section or the fan is faulty.

Edited to say the advanced does not have a fan only the pro,so im unsure of what the high pitch noise actually is
2016-9-26
Use props
kdcox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

I didn't think the advanced had a gimbal fan, just the p3p.  At any rate, it sounds much like my internal fan, which comes on immediately, not just when things get warm, and after 2million flight feet is still going strong.
2016-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules