Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles
2828 11 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
louichlepouich4
New

Canada

Will the new DJI Goggles be working with the Phantom 3 Advanced? And will it be sold seperatly? Thank you!!
2016-9-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like they will only work with new 'Ocusync' transmission system.
2016-9-27
Use props
Adam Flurk
First Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Agree with above post - Looks like they will only be for use with the latest DJI Drone: The Mavic.
2016-9-27
Use props
david.m.smith1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328333 ft

You would think DJI would put a HDMI input connector on these goggles.  If so then they would work with the Phantom 3/4 and Inspire besides the Mavic.  In addition if these goggles had this HDMI port would also allow HD movies and computer use.  I really hope they did make this possible.  It would make a lot of sense to be able to use these goggles across many different types of platforms.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.
2016-9-28
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

david.m.smith1 Posted at 2016-9-28 20:38
You would think DJI would put a HDMI input connector on these goggles.  If so then they would work w ...

Aardvark is correct, i have been informed by one of the DJI reps over on the mavic forum that the goggles transmits the video via the ocusync system and not lightbridge.
2016-9-28
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734938 ft

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-29 05:29
Aardvark is correct, i have been informed by one of the DJI reps over on the mavic forum that the  ...

Any idea what price point?
Proprietary is ok if they aren't outrageously priced. Right?
2016-9-28
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-9-29 05:50
Any idea what price point?
Proprietary is ok if they aren't outrageously priced. Right?

Hey - I just found the answer to my own questions on the DJI website.

"Price and Availability
Mavic Pro’s U.S. retail price will be $999 with the remote controller included, and $749 without the remote controller. Additional Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Batteries will cost $89. A Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, which includes a Mavic Pro, two extra Intelligent Flight Batteries, extra propellers, a charging hub, an adapter, a car charger and a shoulder bag, will be available for $1,299.

Mavic Pro is immediately available for pre-order at dji.com/mavic and will begin shipping October 15. It will also be available in mid-October at DJI’s three flagship stores in Shenzhen, Seoul and Hong Kong. Mavic Pro can also be ordered on Apple.com and will be available in Apple Stores in early November"
2016-9-28
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-9-28 22:57
Hey - I just found the answer to my own questions on the DJI website.

"Price and Availability

after looking into the specs/info on the mavic i have decided not to buy for myself(christmas present)

2 concerns i had/have is that the Mavic RC can only hold devices upto 160mm, so no ipads/tablets but i do understand that's because of the compact approach/design of the mavic itself, having used my ipad mini 2 wifi/cellular on my p3 pro i not sure i could cope with the small screen that my iphones 6s has, granted the dji go app is displayed on the device, you also have the telemetry data/modes etc displayed on the lcd screen on the RC but the majority will still use the dji go app for video/functions.

the second concern is a major one, and it also applies to the gopro karma as well as both are light compactable foldable drones. Due to the small size,weight of the mavic/karma in tests with 5-10 mph winds both have been found to be unstable at altitude,the tests were carried out with the 2 new drones side by side in same conditions etc, at 150-200 feet altitude and  both struggled at this height/altitude with low winds.

Granted it must be a great challenge in itself to make a drone such as the mavic/karma fly safely/stably at this height in low winds,this is purely because of the lightweight/size of the drone.

So its great having the 4.3 mile range with ocusync,but if its not a safe/stable flight then why ? I just do not want spend the £1000 for a new drone then to have issues at those altitude levels, especially if i was 2-3 mile away,just asking for trouble.
so for the meantime im holding of/looking at other options as an upgrade for my p3 pro

but that's just my pennys worth.

2016-9-28
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-29 06:33
after looking into the specs/info on the mavic i have decided not to buy for myself(christmas pres ...

1.) My guess is DJI has decided to offer the Goggles for anyone needing more image clarity. The flip up feature gives you the flexibility of FPV and VR. Pricey though, but you don't need an HDMI module on your RC. The goggles can work simultaneously with your phone (good for you and a friend.)

2.) The Mavic looks very steady, so I'm not sure about the negative comment.

I don't know who follows Casey, (millions with billions of views, apparently) but here is a link to his entertaining review.
2016-9-28
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer

BTW: I wish I knew how to post/send a YouTube link without getting the thumbnail (huge thumbnail)
Sorry about that!
2016-9-28
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-9-29 00:11
1.) My guess is DJI has decided to offer the Goggles for anyone needing more image clarity. The fli ...

i understand the info/specs/reason about the goggles,but it's also a very good indicator that any future drones made by DJI will operate on the new ocusync transmission system.

I have seen/watched that review by casey, i tend to take his review with a pinch of salt,flying low 50-100 ft max in NYC is not really a real world review testing its full capabilities/features etc.

I watched 3 comprehensive reviews on youtube from  3 very high regarded/respect channels that review drones, 1 of the channels was called tested,in 2 of the reviews  the comment about the mavic being unstable in low winds at 150-200ft was shown on video with the user/tester getting optic vibration feedback on the RC with the warning message high wind turbulence detected, while there was a DJI rep present with the user/tester.The DJI rep did not comment on this,but due to the small size,lightweight of the mavic/karma i would imagine to get the drone to fly stable at the height/wind conditions tested as per the video would be a challenge in itself being such a small light form factor.

I am not knocking the mavic in any way shape or form as i really like it,has amazing features,the size,foldability/built in features etc. But its size and weight could also be a major issue while flying at higher altitudes. But time will tell,as we see/get many reviews/ new user feedback in the coming months.
2016-9-28
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-29 07:53
i understand the info/specs/reason about the goggles,but it's also a very good indicator that any ...

One thing is certain, I'm not going to be in the first group ordering one - this time.
As you said, this will probably be the new standard for DJI. Ocusynk and possibly an additional Wifi backup control system for stand alone phones and tablets. You know there will be full size versions available - soon.
2016-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules