Repair services suck
1457 15 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mugen939
New
United States

Update:  Well since I can't figure out how to delete this I guess I will edit my post to day that since this listing DJI has reached out to me multiple times and hopefully my case has been resolved. I should be receiving my repaired drone shortly.
2016-9-27
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry...I've read a lot about the support at DJI. I have my P3P insured with State Farm...$60 per year and NO DEDUCTIBLE! No matter what happens, whether it is my fault or DJI fault I received my replacement check within two days after a bird strike that took out my P3P! When, (or if) you get yours back I would check into insurance for the next mishap!
2016-9-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

I've also had very sub-par experiences with service. Pretty much every encounter with service has been horrendous. Phone, Chat, Email, Forum, etc.

All VERY sub-par for dealing with support regarding high dollar items from a 'tech' company in 2016.

Multiple defective units received and documented directly from DJI service and no appologies for their many mis-steps.

2016-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

S**t just sent mine of for repair hope my experience is a bit better.
2016-9-27
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Let me make this very clear to you guys.  We have 8 s900 and 3 s1000 and now a p4.  We had our share of experiences. With dji support and one thing I can tell you is to make sure you check if the service has been completed right away as soon as you receive the UAE back.  He have had several occasions where we shipped our gimbals to get fixed and absolutely nothing was done and we were told it was fixed.  I had to send the item in 3 times and the 3rd time it was replaced.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your case number ?
I'll help to look into it.
2016-9-27
Use props
jldz140
New

United States

I will second the issues experienced with DJI service.  I sent my P4 in after experiencing a loss of control and crash that ended up being a factory defect and covered under warranty.  I submitted my claim on August 29th and it's scheduled to arrive back at my house tomorrow - September 29th.  The entire process has been a nightmare.  I tried every avenue to figure out what was going on with my P4 - email, chat, phone and never got a satisfying answer.  I received emails for example that I would receive instructions on shipping the P4 in for service within the day, took two days.  I got the instructions but no shipping label and was told it would be another day, again two days.  After receiving the P4 I was told that it would be diagnosed and I would receive an invoice within 24hrs on what needed to be replaced.  After several chat sessions later I received the invoice after 5 days.  The invoice stated it would be repaired, tested and sent back within 2-3 days, (That was on September 13th - 16 days later than I was told it would be sent back within 2-3 days, according to UPS tracking it should be here tomorrow).   
I'm far from impressed with this service. I don't think this how you treat a customer who paid well over $1000.00 for a defective device.  The P4 was a neat aircraft while it was working, but I'm not sure it's worth it having to deal with such horrible service.         
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jldz140@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-29 11:00
I will second the issues experienced with DJI service.  I sent my P4 in after experiencing a loss of ...

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. And thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Could you please provide me with your RMA number?
I'll help to look into your case.
2016-9-28
Use props
The RMA was CRM:0654000000025 and CAS # CAS-236915-J4D5R6

I did in fact receive a P4 in the mail yesterday.  Thing is, it's not the one I sent you?  I was told mine was being repaired.  Mine was already registered with the FAA, already attached to part 107 waivers with the FAA etc by serial number.  Now you'll have sent me a refurbished or a new unit (not sure which) with a new serial number so I have to start this whole FAA process all over again.  Very inconvenient.  Also, if you'll were gonna send me another unit, why did this process take a month?  The excuse I received from DJI for it taking so long is that it was being repaired and tested, not the case.  Here's a solution, let me send everything (Phantom, controller, 3 batteries, 3 bank charger, receipt from B&H Video for what I paid for it) back to you and you'll refund me for what I paid for it.  

I do appreciate your response DJI Mindy but from the help I've received thus far from DJI I don't expect much of a response.
2016-9-30
Use props
jsparks349
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3671 ft
United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-9-27 13:45
Sorry...I've read a lot about the support at DJI. I have my P3P insured with State Farm...$60 per ye ...

I have my P4 insured with State Farm so I was wondering what the process would be to collect. What did you have to do to get reimbursed? Since it was damaged, did they ask you to attempt to get it repaired?
2016-9-30
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is replacement insurance, not to have it repaired. The process was simple! I took the broken P3P into the local office, they looked at it and asked what happened, I explained, they dial a number on the phone to the central office and handed me the phone, they asked what happened, I explained, they said the money will be in my account in two days, I walked out with the broken P3P.
2016-9-30
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

jldz140@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-30 11:18
The RMA was CRM:0654000000025 and CAS # CAS-236915-J4D5R6

I did in fact receive a P4 in the mail y ...

They have always sent me refurbished units back.

Really doesn't sit well with me to pay $1500+ on pre-order, get a dud out of the box like so many others, then get shipped a refurbished unit from service that was not fixed and then again another defective unit straight from service. Goodbye DJI.
2016-9-30
Use props
jldz140
New

United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-9-30 20:43
They have always sent me refurbished units back.

Really doesn't sit well with me to pay $1500+ o ...

What other options/company are you looking at?  I don't want to spend another $1500 just to end up with poor customer service and another problem drone.  
2016-10-1
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

jldz140@gmail.c Posted at 2016-10-1 06:34
What other options/company are you looking at?  I don't want to spend another $1500 just to end up ...

It really depends what you are looking for out of the drone. DJI does have some of the best and easiest to fly consumer based drones if that's what your looking for. They just need to get their act together with service and better quality parts before competitors show up and capture their user base.

Parrot, Horizon, 3DR, Yuneec if you are looking for camera drones.
2016-10-1
Use props
mugen939
New
United States

You really can't make this crap up.  I got my drone back today......and now my battery is dead....and not just the one battery.....all three batteries that came with the bundle I bought. So now I have to send all my batteries in for RMA! WTF?!?!?! I'm done, this is enough...I flew the drone for less then an hour since I've owned it!!!!! I will never again buy a DJI product..I can't this is ridiculous!! I'm getting this drone back and it's going on craigslist. I'm gonna try the Karma it has to be better than this. unacceptable
2016-10-7
Use props
tvn2016
lvl.1

Vietnam

My X5 camera has been in for repair since 24 Sept from the shop where I bought it, received by DJI on 24 Oct, repaired and tested on 3 Nov, and now still sits over there with these guys and not shipping back to me.  Why the hell does it take one week to mail the damn thing DJI?  Case number is CAS-288192-S6R7C2.

I was thinking about getting a Mavic, but I have cancelled and will not support DJI again with this kind of service. I paid US$2100 for this kind of crappy services?
2016-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules