Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-28 08:53
There's nothing to hate about this little gem, and when you get to hold one in your hand yuo will  ...

You are truly a salesmen, you answer/give all new info about new releases, but never think about those who purchased DJI products and  wait for a fix...like my Z3.  So I ask again, when will DJI fix these issues
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-29 00:05
You are truly a salesmen, you answer/give all new info about new releases, but never think about t ...

I'm sorry if you are having difficulties with it.
If your Z3 is not operating to the specs then please contact support about sending it in for repair.
2016-9-28
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-28 09:07
I'm sorry if you are having difficulties with it.
If your Z3 is not operating to the specs then pl ...

Ken I appreciate you...really do...but you have to have read all the issues on the i1 forum. You even admitted to them...lost for words!
2016-9-28
Use props
dj.trillium
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-28 11:53
There's nothing to hate about this little gem, and when you get to hold one in your hand yuo will  ...

{:4_157:} ok where do I sign
2016-9-28
Use props
Miś Uszatek
New

lukx Posted at 2016-9-28 22:42
video from Mavic is blurry as hell

Sure thing if you watch 4K video in 1080p poorly edited and downscaled stream.
Unfortunately owning a drone ≠ knowing how to shoot or process video
this is Mavic video shot in 4K / no downscale
https://vimeo.com/183428092

2016-9-28
Use props
cjmc
lvl.2

jomipaz Posted at 2016-9-28 12:00
DJI P4 has a better camera than the Mavic. Most of the shots you will make with the Mavic will have  ...

I doubt it. Looks like the same image sensor with a smaller lens and therefore field of view. Aperture is improved to f2.2 from 2.8 which is impressive. Time will tell when proper video / image tests are performed on the real product not th early release ones.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-29 00:21
Ken I appreciate you...really do...but you have to have read all the issues on the i1 forum. You e ...

Again, if you are having issues, please contact support.
2016-9-28
Use props
kszybalski
lvl.2
Canada

Hello DJI, please post a direct comparison of image and video quality between the mavic and phantom 4. Not enhanced, not changed and Jpeg for the image, as the mavic doesn't shoot RAW.

Image and video quality is perhaps the most discussed topic right now, some clarification on your product and how it DIRECTLY compares would be helpful.

Thanks,
2016-9-28
Use props
kszybalski
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-28 08:55
Here is a DNG file from the Mavic
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzoktpsfof..._0038.DNG?dl=0

Getting an error, can't get the file.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kszybalski Posted at 2016-9-29 01:02
Getting an error, can't get the file.

Sorry about that, it said too much traffic. I deleted my post and will post when I find more.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kszybalski Posted at 2016-9-29 01:00
Hello DJI, please post a direct comparison of image and video quality between the mavic and phantom  ...

The RAW/DNG is pretty the same uncompressed data.
https://photographylife.com/dng-vs-raw
Here's a review on the Mavic and some on the differences between the P4 and Mavic.
http://visual-aerials.com/mavicpro.html
2016-9-28
Use props
kszybalski
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-29 02:26
The RAW/DNG is pretty the same uncompressed data.
https://photographylife.com/dng-vs-raw
Here's a r ...

Thanks. Can you provide a definitive answer regarding the image and video quality and the sensor used, i.e. is it the same sensor or different manufacturer?
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kszybalski Posted at 2016-9-29 02:48
Thanks. Can you provide a definitive answer regarding the image and video quality and the sensor u ...

No I cannot.
2016-9-28
Use props
kszybalski
lvl.2

I see. That's unfortunate.
2016-9-28
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

I just sold my dji phantom 4 yesterday and pre ordered the mavic. Now I'm worried about the image quality. All the videos I'm seeing from digitalrev and caseyN and others on youtube the video looks soft and the stills look graining the the shadows. I loved my dji phantom 4 but hated its size since I travel with a medium sized dlsr bag with lenses and had a completely seperate large bag for the dji 4. The mavic being smaller is a huge perk but now the camera has me worried I made a bad decision in selling my dji 4.
2016-9-28
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-9-28 22:04
I just sold my dji phantom 4 yesterday and pre ordered the mavic. Now I'm worried about the image qu ...

You are right to worry, maybe others should take note and hold back a little, let the pioneer mavic pilots come back with videos and stills to wow us before we go out and spend.

2016-9-28
Use props
Miś Uszatek
New

Canada

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-9-28 17:04
I just sold my dji phantom 4 yesterday and pre ordered the mavic. Now I'm worried about the image qu ...

Did you see the video I posted above?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=2#pid503519

Neither Casey or DRev calibrated their cams and both streams are 1080p, so how exactly you want to judge the 4K quality? Check promo videos of actual footage in 4K or video i posted above. There is not much difference between Mavic and P4
2016-9-28
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is bad...
2016-9-28
Use props
kszybalski
lvl.2

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-9-29 05:04

I did the same thing, so i called the buyer and bought it back.

So, I'm holding onto the Phantom and will do a comprehensive review once my Mavic arrives. My goal is to focus on a direct video and image comparison, both during flight and fixed.

I'll post the review on my youtube channel, so subscribe and you'll be notified when it goes live. If you would like me to review anything specific, please request below.

Youtube link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClmwOXYzeI2aqFx1ZYBPrJg
2016-9-28
Use props
scendore
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47113 ft
United States

Spec wise I don't see that the Mavic is all that much different except for form factor from a P4.  I also looks as though the Camera on the P4 has an advantage because it has a lager sensor.  So my 2 pennies is the Mavic is really meant to fulfill a different role in that it is easier to transport.  I am curious about it's real world distance performance because it is using a different communication method.  Lastly some of the newer capabilities might be something the P4 can gain just to upgraded software/firmware.  Again I think this machine was meant really for easier transportation and not a replacement of the P4.  I think of hikers etc.

2016-9-28
Use props
damianmizzicomp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21896 ft
  • >>>
Malta

I have a Phantom 3 Pro, so I'll definitely get the Mavic. Can someone from DJI tell how noisy the Mavic is, compared to a Phantom 3 or Phantom 4? I would like to fly it inside, and most times noise can be the biggest issue. Thanks
2016-9-28
Use props
damianmizzicomp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21896 ft
  • >>>
Malta

scendore Posted at 2016-9-29 01:16
Spec wise I don't see that the Mavic is all that much different except for form factor from a P4.  I ...

At this point in time its more like a speculation, however, according to the DJI specs and some other Youtube videos, I'm guessing that the sensor might be the same as the P4. They're both 1/2.3". If so, the latitude would be the same. The lens on the Mavic is +0.67 of a stop faster @ f2.2, therefore if the sensor is actually the same as the P4, the lowlight performance can be a little bit better on the Mavic. On the other hand, some people claimed that the lens on the Mavic is smaller. Therefore it 'may' resolve less lines of horizontal resolution.
This video comparison seems to show a bit of that;

2016-9-28
Use props
rich3759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771811 ft
United States

I can bet my life on it, that DJI will be releasing a larger transmitter that can hold an iPad or an update that allows you to use your P4 or Inspire1 transmitter to pilot the Mavic. It's only smarter next step that DJI can make at this point.

The DjiGo app can take my Note7 from 100% to dead in 25 minutes at times. Not all the time, but sometimes the DjiGo app uses way more battery than other times. Having your phone go dead will ruin any new pilot's day. My Note4 actually died after 20 minutes of flight when I flew my Inspire1Pro for the first time, luckily it was in line of sight and I was able to fly it home. I know it has a return to home button, but I can see a lot of people will be using it after their phone is dead.

This drone is a game changer, but sad that it will be limited to your cell phone's battery.
2016-9-28
Use props
Ae8Mz5DuDrNF
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I have preorder a Mavic and was so worry about the image quality after seeing the YouTube testing footages.
But after watched the Vimeo footages I'm thinking the youtuber just don't know how to film it right, the Mavic video quality is definelty not bad.

2016-9-28
Use props
kby
New
Flight distance : 53661 ft
Philippines

I am curious as well as to know how much wind resistant does the Mavic against the Phantom. I loved the concept aside from the fact they made it compact, they were able to put the camera at the front, because it removes the hindrance of having propellers visible in your shot when you try to speed it up. Regrettably, just bought my Phantom 4 2 months ago.
2016-9-28
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

kszybalski Posted at 2016-9-29 06:30
I did the same thing, so i called the buyer and bought it back.

So, I'm holding onto the Phantom ...

Dynamic range in stills and detail along with video. thanks. The raw recovery on the still is incredible on the dpi 4. I'd go as far to say it better than my full frame canon 5d mark III.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kby Posted at 2016-9-29 12:29
I am curious as well as to know how much wind resistant does the Mavic against the Phantom. I loved  ...

It handles the wind extremely well.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Ae8Mz5DuDrNF Posted at 2016-9-29 09:13
I have preorder a Mavic and was so worry about the image quality after seeing the YouTube testing fo ...

Correct, it has manual focus as well and the new users may not know how to fully use it.
Given to an experienced user like Ken in the video your referred to and you can see how well it really does work.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rich3759@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-29 07:49
I can bet my life on it, that DJI will be releasing a larger transmitter that can hold an iPad or an ...

I wouldn't bet your life, it may be a short one. The Mavic is all about portability an DJI designed it that way. I don't think they are worried about making a larger mount to hold an iPad.
And there will be no update to make the Inspire/P4 RC control the Mavic, Those are Lightbridge technology anf the Mavic is OcuSync so they are not compatible.
And the drone is not limited to your phone's battery as you do not need a phone to control the Mavic as it's perfectly capable without a phone as important data is displayed on the RC just no FPV.
2016-9-28
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Miś Uszatek Posted at 2016-9-29 00:02
Did you see the video I posted above?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=64726&pa ...

I had a P3P and now a P4 and I have never seen any camera calibration procedure !
2016-9-28
Use props
Ae8Mz5DuDrNF
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-29 13:02
Correct, it has manual focus as well and the new users may not know how to fully use it.
Given to  ...

And I think the plastic protector is also affecting the video quality a lot especially if it is not clean enough.
2016-9-28
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Ae8Mz5DuDrNF Posted at 2016-9-29 03:13
I have preorder a Mavic and was so worry about the image quality after seeing the YouTube testing fo ...

Did you see the strange blue thing above the right brown pole ?
2016-9-28
Use props
GwMMzpetwW9c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5273829 ft

Ae8Mz5DuDrNF Posted at 2016-9-29 09:13

Thanks for the video. I just ordered the Mavic Pro today and this video quality is certainly good enough for me!
2016-9-28
Use props
daniel.schuessl
lvl.1

Germany

I ordered a Phantom 4 yesterday and saw the news about mavic today. I've got the opportunity to cancel the order.
DJI-Ken, would you please tell us which advantages the P4 has, compared to the Mavic?
2016-9-28
Use props
pierre.lemarcha
lvl.2

The Mavic Pro is a fantastic drone. I have a P3 Pro (a very good drone yet), and have managed to wait till now before buying the P4!...
So at first it seems very tempting to buy a Mavic.
But, as my main concern is video quality, after having watched this video (at 8:39)

I think I'll wait maybe for a P4 Pro or P5, or wait for it buying a discounted P4 (which could happen after the introduction of the Mavic at about the same price).
It seems that the Mavic's sensor is the same as the one in the P3 Pro and P4, but it's probably the quality of the lens which makes the difference.
Also, I am not a big fan of this plastic cover over the Mavic's lens. Either you keep it on when flying, and it ruins the video especially in difficult light conditions, or you take the risk to hurt the lens when landing.
In fact, I am dreaming of a Mavic with a video quality equivalent to the P3 Pro and P4 :-)
2016-9-28
Use props
jon_ratus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122100 ft
Australia

Hi DJI Team,

Will there be an firmware update for the Phantom 4 to have all the updated ActiveTrack features that the Mavic has? As i can't find a reason why it isn't possible for us Phantom 4 users to have those features especially since we all paid a lot for our drone. It would be great if you don't neglect your current base users. Thank you.
2016-9-29
Use props
Fabi
New

Germany

Ken, with the price of the P4 still higher than the Mavic's, can you name some advantages the P4 offers over the Mavic? Thanks!
2016-9-29
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

cjmc Posted at 2016-9-28 11:23
Having owned a P3Pro for nearly a year I've come to barely use it because it's so bulky to transport ...

I need the range - couldn't have gotten video like this from a Karma!

2016-9-29
Use props
vadafallon
lvl.1

United States

casale.sam@veri Posted at 2016-9-27 18:25
I am VERY interested in the lens/picture quality of the Mavic compared to the P4.

Have you found out any info? I wonder the same thing as i want to take pics from up high and have good quality = to or better than the P3 i had.
2016-9-29
Use props
vadafallon
lvl.1

United States

toddyplex Posted at 2016-9-28 08:39
The sensor appears to be virtually the same sensor reading from the specs.  I'd like to compare imag ...

I wonder the same thing. I want to use this more of a camera than for video. Nothing like getting awesome images from places you cannot reach normally.
2016-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules