Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Overload
574 3 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

So yesterday I was doing some flying and decided to try out the sports mode. Everything was going great (and boy can the P4 really move!). I was flying in a straight line and then decided to do a left turn. I didnt think I took it that sharp to be honest as I only moved the stick a little to the left. Anyway, my heart nearly stopped when I saw a message flash up on my tablet saying "Gimbal Overload". Right before this happened, my live stream view took a couple of sharp movements, as if the gimball went all the way to one side and then back again.

Is this normal behavour when flying in sport mode. It definately scared me a little!

Thanks.
2016-9-27
Use props
flaviomjr
Second Officer
Canada

This is not a normal action and would highly suggest that if it occurs again that you contact dji support as it could be a gimbal malfunction.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, have your drone slightly crashed before?
Please ensure you have taken off the foam on the gimbal.
And please try to restart the aircraft and DJI GO app.
If the error still persists, I'd suggest you to send it in for evaluation.
2016-9-27
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys thanks for the responses.

DJI Mindy - I had a minor issue when I took off inside. I thought the drone was designed so it could be flown inside but it would appear it wasn't. You can read my thread about it here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-62974-1-1.html

Could this be the cause?

Thanks.
2016-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules