Question for the DJI development team (Inspire1, 2 and etc.
855 4 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartinK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68471 ft

Hello Everyone,
My question is simple. Is DJI going to keep their ecosystem standards for the future products like camera mounts and batteries? At the moment it is hard to invest more to the DJI ecosystem if the Inspire 2 is around the corner and is going to use completly different camera mounts. Inspire 1 is getting older and I need to invest to the X5 ecosystem (Osmo PRO and etc.)

Are you planning on keeping the standard mounting solution? When the I2 eventually is going to be released it is ok to switch the drone platform to the newer model however it would be terrible if all the other components have to be exchanged (cameras, osmo, accessories and etc). I think this would be relly good PR message to your loyal custumers to add confidence that older products are going to be supported especially if the older products have still a lot of bugs to iron out.

Br,
Martin

2016-9-27
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Nice try, but they won't tell you anything about future products.
2016-9-28
Use props
MartinK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68471 ft

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-9-28 17:45
Nice try, but they won't tell you anything about future products.

It is not so much about future products, just a question whether DJI wantsto be the company who is willing to create new industry standards onto which their customers can rely on.
2016-9-28
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would assume the mounting ports will be the same as it runs across many products & would still allow sales of the x5raw. The propellers will probably be different (maybe like the mavic's) and maybe the batteries will be a different shape depending on the power usages? The consumer drones phantom 4 & mavic have the new 10port battery connector but the new matrice600 uses the same connection as before on the inspire I think. So...
2016-9-28
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>

My guess is that the camera connector will remain consistent so as to allow the X5 and X5Raw to be available as step-up options for all customers and allow those products to be sold (with the mount kit) for the M600, etc.

You can probably safely bet literally everything else (batteries, props / mounts, TX) will be model specific.
2016-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules