12Next >
6070 45 2016-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glowingsplint
lvl.3
Flight distance : 832641 ft
United Kingdom

Just ordered the Mavic but after watching the footage people are getting am wondering if a should just stick with what a have already the Phantom 3

Here are my videos taken with the phantom 3 adv

2016-9-28
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Nice videos, the 3rd one should probably be made private, flying over crowds is a big no no, nice shots tho
2016-9-28
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-28 18:47
Nice videos, the 3rd one should probably be made private, flying over crowds is a big no no, nice sh ...

Cheers, your probably right.  
2016-9-28
Use props
a_aviator
lvl.1

beautiful landscapes!
2016-9-28
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The landscape on our doorstep is pretty amazing
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really great scenery. Thanks for your sharing.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

WOW. Amazing. I'm really enjoy it.Thanks for your sharing.
2016-9-28
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-9-29 04:24
WOW. Amazing. I'm really enjoy it.Thanks for your sharing.

Thank you very much
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

It's pretty great video, thanks for sharing.
And i think you will have different experience with Mavic
2016-9-29
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-29 11:02
And i think you will have different experience with Mav ...

Thanks, am really looking forward to taking the Mavic everywhere on the motorbike
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

glowingsplint Posted at 2016-9-29 18:30
Thanks, am really looking forward to taking the Mavic everywhere on the motorbike

Sounds wonderful, and hope you enjoy and sharing more videos and pictures
2016-9-29
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

What a beautiful country!  Nicely done.
2016-9-29
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-9-29 12:04
What a beautiful country!  Nicely done.

Thanks, really cool having your camera fly about and change your perspective of where you live.
2016-9-29
Use props
a_aviator
lvl.1

glowingsplint Posted at 2016-9-29 02:13
The landscape on our doorstep is pretty amazing

thanks for sharing!
2016-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great video good job thanks for sharing, definitely get the mavic but don't get rid of the p3 yet.
2016-9-29
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>

Out of curiosity what do you mean with "after watching the footage people are getting"?

Most of the footage I've seen suggests that DJI has done a bit of work on the processing with the Mavic. It's not as good as the P4 if you tune the P4 picture settings (take some of the oversharpening out) but it's pretty good for the size of the copter.
2016-9-29
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

SimplePanda Posted at 2016-9-29 18:53
Out of curiosity what do you mean with "after watching the footage people are getting"?

Most of the ...

Watching DigitalRevs video and casey neistats footage the video looked poor, after watching this and seeing some .dng file comparison with the P4 and Mavic(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibfb9q ... tic%20test.zip?dl=0) am really happy with how its going to perform.

Its pretty unbelievable how far this technology is developing
2016-9-29
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-29 18:02
Great video good job thanks for sharing, definitely get the mavic but don't get rid of the p3 yet.

Thanks the P3 is brilliant but once a get the Mavic a probably wont use it anymore.  It is a great drone for someone else though.
2016-9-29
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting footage, thanks for sharing.
2016-9-30
Use props
panofi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1219734 ft

Hallo glowingsplint . As a motorbiker and a droner..... I find this videos awesome. Thanks for sharing.
2016-9-30
Use props
RSV_Ecosse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133520 ft
United Kingdom

Great vids!! Biker and P3 owner here too. When you are flying over the bridge tracking the motorbikes below, how are you achieving such nice smooth flight? Was that done using course lock or something similar?
2016-9-30
Use props
elingeniero575
New

United States

Nice video
2016-9-30
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

panofi Posted at 2016-9-30 18:15
Hallo glowingsplint . As a motorbiker and a droner..... I find this videos awesome. Thanks for shari ...

Thank you very much, i think the new Mavic will really appeal to bikers.  Having the tracking instead  of me filming everyone will be cool
2016-9-30
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RSV_Ecosse Posted at 2016-9-30 19:37
Great vids!! Biker and P3 owner here too. When you are flying over the bridge tracking the motorbike ...

A knew before we went up a was after that shot following over the bridge so a think its just the planning that helped it was all manual a just told them to go slow so a didnt miss the shot.  I use a iPad pro 12.9' for the live feed from the P3 it really helps having that big screen to work off.

Cheers

Stuart
2016-9-30
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks

Stuart
2016-9-30
Use props
Victory
lvl.1

United States

Great view beautiful country
2016-10-1
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24012 ft
Turkey

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-29 13:02
And i think you will have different experience with Mav ...

Natalia my P3p is only 2 weeks old. I am thinking to buy a magic as well. What kind of different experiences you mean we can have.?
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

bener Posted at 2016-10-4 18:28
Natalia my P3p is only 2 weeks old. I am thinking to buy a magic as well. What kind of different e ...

They are two different kinds of drone, Mavic is smaller and convenient to bring with you. You could check some videos onine to get more details maybe.  
2016-10-4
Use props
KensPhantom4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nice work Stuart specially as it was done manually, I have the Phantom 4, and can say the filming is much easier, so don't fret about the idea of buying the Mavric, because bad videos can only be put down to the user! But the comment about crowds is something to consider,  checkout the CAA rules! Looking forward to the next video.
2016-10-5
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Cool Video, The Mavic look real good.
Portability, my back pack for my P3 is massive.  
2016-10-6
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KensPhantom4 Posted at 2016-10-6 07:17
Nice work Stuart specially as it was done manually, I have the Phantom 4, and can say the filming is ...

Thanks "KensPhantom" the first to people to receive the Mavic were let down by the fact they didnt have any manual sent to them in regards to the tap to focus.  Am now fully aware of the CAA rules on the drones , there is definitely more consensus needed in how they are implemented and followed.

There are far more dangerous things in the skies, roads and air than DJIs finest, to me the advantages definitely out weigh the "user" cons.  A really do think all drones should be registered and easily identifiable if things go wrong.

Really cannot wait to make a video with the Mavic and sharing some views
2016-10-6
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

lignow Posted at 2016-10-6 12:50
Cool Video, The Mavic look real good.
Portability, my back pack for my P3 is massive.

Thank you, my P3 is now sold am ready for the Mavic now, the backpack is huge.  Being able to put the Mavic in my tiny tank bag instead of the backpack strapped to the bike is a huge advantage.

The Mavic makes the phantoms look antique which is daft as the Phantom 4 is still a great machine.

2016-10-6
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

While I was in Iceland recently I was struck by how much it looks like the wilder parts of Scotland, but I guess it's the same landmass, just with a body of water between them.

I too adventure ride, now in Borneo, and loved my Phantom so much I decided it was worth lugging around, when riding by myself. You're lucky to have patient and supportive friends, as I know my usual biking buddies wouldn't be happy handing around waiting for the crazy white guy to set up and mess around with his flying camera. I think they'd be willing to for the Mavic though, if it can follow them under the tree canopy up a hill, which my P3S can't.

2016-10-8
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-8 09:40
While I was in Iceland recently I was struck by how much it looks like the wilder parts of Scotland, ...

Patient friends are a must the phantom was a pure hassle to pack/un-pack from the bike, am really conscious about them waiting about and getting bored.  Thats the benefit of having great weather and great landscape to distract them.

A would guess that the motorbike videos that appear of Youtube once the Mavics are out and about will be vast.  Even today out on the bike a was thinking about all the possibilities flying with the drone on tracking through the mountains.

2016-10-8
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

I'm hoping, seeing as the battery sits on top, that they'll produce a much bigger battery as an option.

I understand there must be a trade-off between weight and performance and all that, but personally I'd far rather have a drone that's a bit slower but can stay up for longer.

Even action cameras can be a buzzkill when you have to change the battery every 2 hours. Every 20 minutes is really pushing it among an adrenaline-hyped bunch of bikers keen to get going again.
2016-10-8
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

Nice vid.
Those are some narrow roads, must be heck when two cars meet.
2016-10-8
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-10-8 17:47
Nice vid.
Those are some narrow roads, must be heck when two cars meet.

Thanks, your right a wouldn't want to be driving and car on them roads however many passing places there are.  The amazing thing is so guy in his McLaren didnt mind cars within inches of his fancy car, and the bus drivers have nerves of steel on the switchbacks.
2016-10-8
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Iceland's bridges are somewhat famous, as nearly all of them are single lane only. Last year a Chinese tourist was killed in a head-on at such a bridge and lesser such accidents are common. So somehow it seems fitting that Scotland would have narrow roads?

Only just had time to see the 2nd vid; you have a nice flow with your shooting and good editing. Fums up
2016-10-8
Use props
glowingsplint
lvl.3
United Kingdom

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-8 19:03
Iceland's bridges are somewhat famous, as nearly all of them are single lane only. Last year a Chine ...

From what a have seen the Mavic will help quite a bit with smooth footage and the tracking will be internesting to test.

Our roads in the highlands are a real mixed bag, our roads are pretty narrow and there are far too many accidents.  Will be interesting to see how these driverless cars will cope in the future.   
2016-10-8
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

glowingsplint Posted at 2016-10-9 04:24
From what a have seen the Mavic will help quite a bit with smooth footage and the tracking will be ...

I mentioned this the other day, it's nutz that somehow we are supposed to just accept 'self-driving' real, full-size metal cars, at ground level, in real traffic, next to pedestrians and schools and so on, but a self-flying plastic drone that could barely lift a plump hamster is

DANGER! DANGER! SELF-FLYING DROOOONES! DANGER DANGER! NEED MORE LAWZ!!!

Crazy and stupid.
2016-10-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules