Passed my 107 test in the USA. Heres what it was like
964 4 2016-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonnygsx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 956394 ft
United States

Passed my 107 test today. It was much tougher than I expected even after lots of studying. I got better than 90% on all my practice tests but ended up with an 85% on the actual test. Made a blog post about what taking the test is like in detail here http://blueyonderproductions.com ... suas-part-107-test/
2016-9-28
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Thx mate! I am thinking about it, so hope your blog will be useful.. I was actually going to suggest to DJI to create a thread for FAA/US study resources here, since many US based customers could probably use a good resource to go by.....
Will look at your blog later, will let you know if I found it useful.. of which I have no doubt!
2016-9-28
Use props
r.powell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

golf_sierra@lib Posted at 2016-10-3 10:39
What's a 107 test? Is it a requirement for commercial drone operators in the US?

Great post Johnny, much info here that I really appreciate, I had better study up on sectionals, about which,  I know absolutely nothing!
I;ve had my Phantom 3A about a month & is my first foray into flying of any kind. So, all this is very new to me, Longtitude, Latitude, sectionals, Oh Jeez, I got some work to do before I even think about the 107, which by the way in Canada is not applicable, not even sure what Part 107 is called here!
I;m still trying to find a school/college/training center that offers some form of Intro course or general knowledge course close to me, & I;m near a major city in Ontario, Canada,
Thanks Again!
R
2016-10-3
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

I passed the Part 107 test yesterday.  My study material was from RemotePilot101.  My incorrect answers generated a code in the testing system that allowed me to review the specific topics I had trouble with.  It seems I had errors with radio frequencies and some tricky weather questions.  Often, two answers seem appropriate, so watch out there!  When the instructor saw that I passed, he gave me a business card of a guy who needs remote pilots. The knowledge is good to have, and I think some of the material should be mandatory for hobbyist to learn.  
2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules