Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user7ca59206b2
New

Ghana

Phantom 4 gives no live video feed,
Status says "camera sensor error"
Hardware malfunction please contact dji support for repairs

This happened after i forced landed and the drone fell by its side while props where still rotating

What could have gone wrong?
Anyone got an idea of what is damaged?

And this was given to me as gift so i do not have a lot info or details on it to send it in for repairs

Aside that im not in the U.S,
So this will cost me a lot more in sending it,

Please help!
Anyone has an idea of the specific unit that damaged so i just buy the part and replace it then
image.jpeg
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, really sorry to hear about that, after trying to restart it, if no improvement, maybe it's damaged when the drone fell, the best course of action would be sent it in for evaluation and repair, please feel free to contact our tech support firstly at support@dji.com for further help.
2016-9-29
Use props
user7ca59206b2
New

Ghana

Okay thanks,

But since this is common problem
And most people send it in for repairs with dji, dji should have a fair idea of the the exact unit which get damaged for this error to be triggered, and make it known to us so that most of us who cant send it in will find means of fixing this up our selfs
2016-9-29
Use props
Arul
New
India

how to solve dji phantom 4 camera sensor error
2016-10-31
Use props
Arul
New
India

after upgrading this warnings coming so what can i do please help me how to slove
2016-10-31
Use props
Arul
New
India

i have 3 phantom 4 but everything same issue
anyone know this problem and how to solve

2016-10-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

user7ca59206b2 Posted at 2016-9-30 00:11
Okay thanks,

But since this is common problem

It is not a common problem, and the people from DJI who answer questions on this site are not repair technicians. They cannot answer specific technical questions of this nature.
2016-10-31
Use props
Arul
New
India

hi natalia can you help me
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Arul Posted at 2016-11-1 10:15
hi natalia can you help me

If you have tried to restart the aircraft and the error persists, you need to send it in for fixing.
You can get in touch with our tech support via support@dji.com.
They will guide you to send it in.
2016-11-1
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>

This is the sensor that goes bad. No matter what DJI or anyone else tells you, this part needs to be replaced. Quit trying to restart, update the craft, blah blah blah. It does no good when every response from DJI moderators is "have you restarted, updated, etc etc". This is a known issue and the sad thing is, it is literally a 10 minute fix. I had one and DJI was forcing me to send in the entire aircraft. I could not wait so ordered a new camera. Finally I was able to mix and match the parts to find out the true problem. It is this piece right here. DJI should start selling them, people could fix their own and go on their way. When I say it is a 10 minute fix, it is literally a 10 minute fix. DJI needs to start selling parts like this, it would save them a ton of money in shipping and RMA's that are covered under warranty.
IMG_2180.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2182.JPG
2016-11-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apart from restarting you could always try and recalibrate sensors see if that has any affect.
2016-11-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Puttmaster Posted at 2016-11-13 06:54
This is the sensor that goes bad. No matter what DJI or anyone else tells you, this part needs to be ...

As I said to you on another thread, that is NOT the camera sensor, and may be completely unrelated to the problems other people are reporting.
2016-11-12
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-13 08:08
As I said to you on another thread, that is NOT the camera sensor, and may be completely unrelated ...

You are correct..this is the board that causes the error not the actual sensor. Have had 3 of them now. All the same problem.......
2016-11-12
Use props
Pradipwb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20545 ft
  • >>>
India

Puttmaster Posted at 2016-11-12 16:18
You are correct..this is the board that causes the error not the actual sensor. Have had 3 of them now. All the same problem.......

From where I can get board
2017-1-23
Use props
DroneBadger
New
United States

I had the same issue with a camera sensor error, after a hard landing today. Sending it in for repair.
2017-2-8
Use props
Lenilton
lvl.1
Brazil

I have the same problem. Looks like it's a DJI manufacturing mistake. Many users are having problems.
I live in Brazil. Very high shipping cost. DJI has no spare parts. This is bad for us.

Where do I buy this card?
2017-6-13
Use props
fansbbb45e00
New

Uganda

i am  having the same problem but DJI does not care at all..i wish they get a competetor
2017-6-14
Use props
fansbbb45e00
New

Uganda

i am  having the same problem but DJI does not care at all..i wish they get a competitor
2017-6-14
Use props
fansbbb45e00
New

Uganda

i having the same problem but DJI does not care at all..i wish they get a competetor
2017-6-14
Use props
fansbbb45e00
New

Uganda

DJI does not care at all..i wish they get a competitor
2017-6-14
Use props
Lenilton
lvl.1
Brazil

I need this DJI part

Where I buy?

need dji parts
2017-6-29
Use props
fans788a1c8d
lvl.1
Belgium

Puttmaster Posted at 2016-11-12 11:54
This is the sensor that goes bad. No matter what DJI or anyone else tells you, this part needs to be replaced. Quit trying to restart, update the craft, blah blah blah. It does no good when every response from DJI moderators is "have you restarted, updated, etc etc". This is a known issue and the sad thing is, it is literally a 10 minute fix. I had one and DJI was forcing me to send in the entire aircraft. I could not wait so ordered a new camera. Finally I was able to mix and match the parts to find out the true problem. It is this piece right here. DJI should start selling them, people could fix their own and go on their way. When I say it is a 10 minute fix, it is literally a 10 minute fix. DJI needs to start selling parts like this, it would save them a ton of money in shipping and RMA's that are covered under warranty.

Dear Puttmaster. I have the same problem with my DJI Spark now. I can't see or download the picture of this part you put in attachement. I would like to replace this but can't i buy this part anywhere?
Thank you!
2017-7-11
Use props
djiuser_X27Ijxh
New

Indonesia

I can make my drone take a photo and video again. When everything ready and connected, move camera on aircraft vertically and horizontally. Repeat until Camera catch picture and we can see it on Smartphone Screen. And then i still cant take picture or video. I try ti remove sd card and insert it again. Then, my drone can fly and take picture or video like normal.
2017-8-8
Use props
APPSolute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25095 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Also sometimes a bad gimbal flex cable can cause "Camera Sensor error". Experienced it once. After replacing the gimbal flex cable it was working again. I think a communication error triggers this "Camera Sensor error".
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_rhBqmvl438e1
New

Hi guys my drone came out to service  and when i open  the app it says camera sensor error hw i can fix it
2018-8-9
Use props
SparkYeL
lvl.2

Philippines

djiuser_X27Ijxh Posted at 2017-8-8 20:10
I can make my drone take a photo and video again. When everything ready and connected, move camera on aircraft vertically and horizontally. Repeat until Camera catch picture and we can see it on Smartphone Screen. And then i still cant take picture or video. I try ti remove sd card and insert it again. Then, my drone can fly and take picture or video like normal.

you just pull out  and in the sd card? i already did but i have the same problem.
2018-8-12
Use props
SparkYeL
lvl.2

Philippines

APPSolute Posted at 2018-7-2 00:32
Also sometimes a bad gimbal flex cable can cause "Camera Sensor error". Experienced it once. After replacing the gimbal flex cable it was working again. I think a communication error triggers this "Camera Sensor error".

what is the cost of this flex? i have a friend which is technically known to this flex thing that he noted that it needs to be checked or replaced.
2018-8-12
Use props
David McNamara
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8396 ft
United States

Lenilton Posted at 2017-6-29 07:05
I need this DJI part

Where I buy?

This isnt the issue with ours. I swapped the part out of a known working unit and it didnt fix the issue.

just a FYI
2018-9-25
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

djiuser_X27Ijxh Pubblicato alle 8-8-8 alle 20:10
Posso far fare al mio drone una foto e un video di nuovo. Quando tutto è pronto e connesso, sposta la videocamera sull'aereo verticalmente e orizzontalmente. Ripeti fino a quando la fotocamera cattura l'immagine e possiamo vederla sullo schermo dello smartphone. E poi non riesco ancora a scattare foto o video. Provo ti rimuovere la scheda SD e inserirla di nuovo. Quindi, il mio drone può volare e fare foto o video come al solito.

... sposta la videocamera sull'aereo verticalmente e orizzontalmente ... che significa?
2018-10-1
Use props
mozdjilover
lvl.1
Mozambique

calibrate Imu and restart your Drone
2019-4-7
Use props
mozdjilover
lvl.1
Mozambique

calibrate Imu and restart your Drone,if the error persists press "rec" on video mode
2019-4-7
Use props
fansb3d2e420
New

United Kingdom

How much dji charge in UK to correct this issue, ie change these cable over?
2019-8-18
Use props
fansb3d2e420
New

United Kingdom

Lots of video on how to change ribbon cable costing £22 from Amazon, but will be worthwhile?
2019-8-18
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

hi  all    Camera Sensor Error   problem  this mean flex cable in gimbal need replace   i do this over 30 device before  
thanks

p4 flex

p4 flex
2019-8-19
Use props
Dinesh Kumawat
New

Please Help Me What si the problem  in my drone  i dont know my drone is stil ruining 15 to 20 min after 20 min its not showing display red lining my drone is dji phantom 4 pro V 2.0 plus
2019-10-1
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>

change flex cable
2019-10-2
Use props
Dinesh Kumawat
New

sedeco Posted at 10-2 02:40
change flex cable

i already changed flex cable  but problem are slit there
2019-10-2
Use props
Cape Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263871 ft
United States

DroneBadger Posted at 2017-2-8 15:31
I had the same issue with a camera sensor error, after a hard landing today. Sending it in for repair.

How did your repair go for this? How much was it to fix?
2019-12-7
Use props
phant4_pilot
lvl.1

United States

I had this same problem with my DJI Phantom 4. I had read some posts and some people mentioned it could one of the circuit boards. One person mentioned that they had changed the ribbon cable and it fixed their problem. I really didn't want to send it in to get looked at or repaired, so I decided to order a new ribbon cable, install it myself, and if it worked then I wouldn't need to send it in. I ordered an OEM cable just to be sure. I installed it, and after if was put back together, I tried it out and the Camera Sensor Error was gone. I discovered that there was a small tear in the ribbon cable. I would recommend trying a ribbon cable first if you don't want to ship it in.
2020-3-28
Use props
phant4_pilot
lvl.1

United States

phant4_pilot Posted at 3-28 18:30
I had this same problem with my DJI Phantom 4. I had read some posts and some people mentioned it could one of the circuit boards. One person mentioned that they had changed the ribbon cable and it fixed their problem. I really didn't want to send it in to get looked at or repaired, so I decided to order a new ribbon cable, install it myself, and if it worked then I wouldn't need to send it in. I ordered an OEM cable just to be sure. I installed it, and after if was put back together, I tried it out and the Camera Sensor Error was gone. I discovered that there was a small tear in the ribbon cable. I would recommend trying a ribbon cable first if you don't want to ship it in.

I made a video on me fixing it. If you are interested here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPuE7yE5xHA
2020-4-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules