Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO MOBILE Battery Failure + Not charging
24405 26 2016-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qqcTrJZrJfYL
New

Just received my Osmo Mobile - unfortunately the battery doesn't charge when connected to an USB. The device seems completely dead - either the battery is broken, completely discharged, or somehow not connected to the Osmo itself.

I am afraid I cannot reset anything on the device, as no LEDs lit up when connected via the charging cable.

Where do I get a new battery - or a new Osmo (in case something else is broken)?
Me not happy.

2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, leave it charging for an hour, if it's still like that, please contact support@dji.com to send it in for an exchange. Thank you.
2016-9-29
Use props
sz2IXeayptWf
New

Oman

I had the same problem, The battery so called "smart" need to be activated. For some reason and bad luck (like in our cases) the battery doesn't activate. I bought an external battery charger, charged the battery externally then out it back into the device and it worked, though it doesn't charge with the provided cable . I am still trying with DJI to work on a proper fix but for now it working very well.
2016-9-30
Use props
userb639b22d6c
New

I'm having the same problem atm. No LED when cable plugged in. So bought an external charger. Should be arriving in some days. Hopefully it will work!
2016-10-2
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
Flight distance : 2023002 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Similar situation here as well. I bought an OSmo and 2 additional batteries, then sell it and bought OSmo Mobile and left one of the 3 batteries for myself. Now OSmo mobile box battery is working just fine, the old (and rarely used but worked on OSMO) battery is not chrgind at all. just red light blinking and then goes black.

Any suggestions? may be its somehow remembers the OSMO settings and not "compatible with Mobile version", I am not sure just wild guessing

Thanks in advanced.
2016-10-3
Use props
charmthepi
lvl.1

userb639b22d6c Posted at 2016-10-3 01:06
I'm having the same problem atm. No LED when cable plugged in. So bought an external charger. Should ...

lol im gonna sound like a newb for sharing this but maybe your doing the same... when i first charged my mobile i didnt take the plastic off the battery! i charged it for around 9 hours without noticing the plastic was still on the battery and it was not charging. maybe your doing the same?
2016-10-8
Use props
jEHljm6DHwqb
New

United States

I was having this same problem. Cable plugged - battery in correctly (without plastic protector) but no lights. Tried it in my Macbook Pro USB, and iMac USB - no joy. Then just on a lark I tried plugging and unplugging the cord from the Osmo a couple of times, and shazam!  It flicked a few times, and with a couple more plugs, now it suddenly works.

I dunno - maybe there were little bits of plastic stuck on the contacts after manufacturing. Or maybe the "intelligent" battery needed a little extra waking up? But in any case, that got me out of the stuck state.
2016-10-8
Use props
user7a7a61e5c5
lvl.1

United Kingdom

charmthepi Posted at 2016-10-8 16:50
lol im gonna sound like a newb for sharing this but maybe your doing the same... when i first char ...

I came to the forums to ask if anyone knew why my battery was taking so long to charge (stuck on red light)... now I know why - hadn't noticed the tiny piece of plastic on the battery's connectors (now get a red => yellow => green light which makes more sense).

Thanks for sharing!
2016-10-9
Use props
user7a7a61e5c5
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone have any recommendations to charge the battery faster? I notice it says it takes 3 hours with a 1 mA charger, but can take more. I've got it plugged into an iPad charger which seems to only have 0.45 mA.
2016-10-9
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having a similar problem with my brand new Osmo Mobile - it is charging VERY slowly with a 1a charger. I have tried two different wall jacks and still have the problem.
It charged up about 15% in two hours.
No LED comes on when charging - as I am writing this I removed the battery, cleaned the contacts (I noticed they didn't look bright) and used a 3rd wall jack. It appears to be charging now.

I suspect DJI needs to use DeOxit or some other cleaner on all the various contacts before shipping these...to avoid such problems. I will update this post but it seems to be charging now.
2016-10-9
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

user7a7a61e5c5 Posted at 2016-10-9 04:15
Does anyone have any recommendations to charge the battery faster? I notice it says it takes 3 hours ...

Ipad chargers are usually 2.1 amp - while the little square apple models at 1 amp.

So your iPad charger should be fairly quick. Check and clean all the contacts on the Osmo and the charger and cables.
2016-10-9
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jEHljm6DHwqb Posted at 2016-10-8 18:48
I was having this same problem. Cable plugged - battery in correctly (without plastic protector) but ...

I don't think it is designed to work with computer USB - I think you need a wall block.
2016-10-9
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-30 03:34
Hi, leave it charging for an hour, if it's still like that, please contact  to send it in for an exc ...

Thor, you should update your db and answers to have the customers clean all the various contacts - perhaps use some silicone or wd-40 (on a q-tip).

It appears there may be some basic connection problems which are easily solved in the field.
2016-10-9
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, I fiddled with my Osmo Mobile and various wall plugs - and what seems to happen is that the battery charges up a small amount (10-15%) and then stops. If I use another wall plug, it will start again (maybe the existing one got too warm?)....so I can keep switching them and eventually charge it all the way up.
These are stock Apple wall plus (phone) and I have used a number of them - the same thing happens.

I'm going to hope that charging it all the way and then discharging somehow helps it - but truthfully I suspect this is a firmware issue in the Osmo where it is not regulating the charge correctly so it shuts itself down.

We'll see what others report in the next couple of days.
2016-10-9
Use props
fans6e92c3f0
New
Ireland

Mine is the same! After one day working beautifully now it shows no sign of life with either included battery in it - BUT it is getting very hot when only plugged in for a few minutes. Incredibly disappointed and had to let down 2 Jobs today who i told i could film beautifully with my brand new Osmo...  
2017-2-18
Use props
tomnav12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mine also isn't charging, I've had it for a couple of weeks, charged it twice before and it was fine, now suddenly when I plug it in there is either no LED or the LED goes from red to yellow but it doesn't charge.
2017-2-20
Use props
satxcollins-sp
New
United States

I just got mine in the mail as well and guess what. IT WONT CHARGE. This is rediculous! How in the world did DJI not see this in testing. My gosh include a USD chager adapter with the device and raise the price by $2.5. I am beyond fristerated and I own a Mavic Pro, and a Phantom 3 4K. Love DJI but I am very disapointed.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

satxcollins-sp Posted at 2017-11-11 11:51
I just got mine in the mail as well and guess what. IT WONT CHARGE. This is rediculous! How in the world did DJI not see this in testing. My gosh include a USD chager adapter with the device and raise the price by $2.5. I am beyond fristerated and I own a Mavic Pro, and a Phantom 3 4K. Love DJI but I am very disapointed.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience with the new product.
Have you tried to charge with the USB port of your computer since the voltage and current are standard?
How about turning the charging cable or pull out a little bit? Will the Osmo Mobile be charged?
2017-11-13
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

did you remove the plastic covering the contacts as mine had clear plastic tape over them
2017-11-13
Use props
midtrans
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34206 ft
United Arab Emirates

what you did? I do not know if I have to send back to the seller or there is something I need to do
2017-12-9
Use props
midtrans
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34206 ft
United Arab Emirates

I connected the USB to the MAVIC PRO charger, still nothing happen, I changed the battery with the extra one also nothing, I think it is damaged  
2017-12-9
Use props
Leoanaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4665 ft
Mexico

Same problem here! No leds on, NOTHING
2017-12-18
Use props
fans806ede4d
New
Philippines

I remove the charger jack several times on the osmo, seems there may still be coating inside that needs to be scratched. It is now charging.
2018-1-13
Use props
djiuser_eWoVtoR6DONH
New

Hey guys I'm also new to the osmo mobile I bought it because I've been filming and editing videos for about a year and a half now. I've been trying to get the osmo mobile to charge and I charged it overnight and used it the next day and it only had a little bit of battery. I took the plastic film off the bottom. And I have it hooked up right now and its slowly blinking red, does that mean its charging or does it always go from red to yellow to green when you put it to charge?
2018-9-26
Use props
jumping
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40141 ft
United States

userb639b22d6c Posted at 2016-10-2 09:06
I'm having the same problem atm. No LED when cable plugged in. So bought an external charger. Should be arriving in some days. Hopefully it will work!

How did that external charger work? Did it fix the problem?
2019-5-30
Use props
Zpook
lvl.1

Sweden

I have this exact same issue. I bought it about 2 years ago and i've only used it for a total of 30-40 minutes but yesterday nothing happens when i try to charge it. Is there a external charger for the battery i can buy or is it the scrap yard for this? The cable is as good as new without any wear or tear so it can't be that. Help!!!
2019-10-27
Use props
imad
lvl.1
Morocco

Hi,

I got the same probleme, and I tried everything, we different phones, I am in Morocco, and I can't send it back to you for reparation.

Is there any solution.

Thanks
2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules