Got someone else's drone after repair
936 5 2016-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trevor957
lvl.1

Canada

In August I bought a brand new p3-4K and 3 weeks later I was getting compass errors and gimbal motor overload messages so I was told to send it back for repairs (kinda sucks but atleast they were great about it and wanted to help me) over a month later I get this big brown box in the mail and I was excited to see my drone all fixed up.....I was WRONG!  My heart sunk!!!It was someone else's dusty beat up cracked and skuffed drone ..so I called dji and they wanted me to send pics of serial numbers from my original box and the junk they sent me ..so I did and this morning I get a email saying they want a video wth? ..so back on the phone again with dji
And the lady on the phone told me they have the right to send me a REFERBISHED drone <----really??? How do I know these motors don't have 200 hours on them? How do I know that this one they sent wasn't abused? (Obviously it was cause of the cracks and skuff marks) why did they want serial numbers on my paperwork if they weren't gonna send me my drone back? So now I have to send this drone back AGAIN and wait another month for yet another REFERBISHED drone .....how could anyone think that's exceptable?? If you bought a new car and took it for a oil change would you expect to drive away in a 1 year older model cause it's faster service? Heck no! And I really want my drone back
Sorry for the long post everyone but I can't believe dji told me they don't usually send back the original drone and I don't feel it's right to pay 900 for something and have a used one sent as a replacement
Totally bummed!!
2016-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I agree, if they were replacing it with a new model, great!! But sending you a dirty used model, is unacceptable.
I would be livid and and a little pissed off too. Hope they do the right thing, as that's very poor practice, at best.

RedHotPoker
2016-9-29
Use props
Mickyo
lvl.1

they have the right to send me a REFERBISHED drone...................what a load!!!! They cannot do that. I, at the moment do not own a drone. I have been looking at the P4 for a while but it is horror stories like this that make me think maybe I should be looking at another manufacturer. Its not just drones. I have a friend who purchased the Osmo Gimble. Out of the box it was faulty. after numerous emails DJI want him to sent videos of the fault so they can REPAIR it. Its 1 week old and never worked out of the box FFS and they want to repair it. What a joke. Any other Company would exchange Straight away.
Hope you get it sorted

Mick
2016-9-29
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

I've learned over the years that forums tend to reflect the bad and not the many satisfied owners BUT from what I've been reading, regarding customer service, it has me questioning my decision.
I still have a week to return my P3S for a full refund, BB, we'll see.

Best of luck trevor957 and I agree, it should be replaced with new.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into your case.
2016-9-29
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

Argentina

I agree....If DJI is going to send you a replacement, it should be pristine, indistinguishable from NEW, no scuffs, scratches, or dings.  If they are providing anything other than the above described, they seriously need to reconsider their policy on replacements.  Wake up DJI.  Your consumers are ALL you have got.
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules