Drone insurance by State Farm
2411 10 2016-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

Hello All:

I just had State Farm insurance, in South Florida, write me a policy covering ALL loss or damage of the Phantom 4 for $76.11/year.  No deductible, no exclusions.  DOES NOT COVER LIABILITY, but that supposedly is covered under my Homeowner's Policy.

Pretty cheap insurance against crash or fly-away, I think.

As a side note,  I had to place a ton of calls to different insurers.  When you mention the term UAV of "drone", they go stupid on you.  Basically, a relatively new industry that they haven't largely provided coverage for.

2016-9-29
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

This is covered under your home insurance policy at no extra charge as long as it meets FAA definition and is subject to the deductible stated on your policy

This was my answer from AmericanFamilyInsurance.... so with my $1000 deductible, it's a joke.....

I got my cars and home all under AMFAM, but.. I may actually consider changing the carrier.. AMFAM is not bad, but over the years, with a few claims on cars and the house, I cannot say I am all that happy, and this did not help..... covered, but subject to your standard deductible? Really? I guess I should by the inspire then?
2016-10-3
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

That's why I got the separate State Farm policy for the Drone only.  No deductible, no exclusions, covers EVERYTHING (except liability; which is covered under my homeowners), including fly-aways, plunk in the water...whatever.
2016-10-3
Use props
Neuropsychology
New

MGR57 Posted at 2016-10-4 06:04
That's why I got the separate State Farm policy for the Drone only.  No deductible, no exclusions, c ...

How would they know it plunked into water?  It would be evil to sell the drone and then claim the insurance. Not saying anyone should but it seems like they're asking for it without a deductible.
2016-10-7
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn't use the any bad words like "drone" or UAV/UAS. I presented my P3P as an aerial camera.
2016-10-8
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

Does the policy cover international user? How about traveling oversea and lost the drone?
2016-11-9
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

France

I was told it would be covered overseas.  I have not received the policy from the underwriters yet.
2016-11-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

STATE FARM INFO
2016-11-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Neuropsychology Posted at 2016-10-8 17:01
How would they know it plunked into water?  It would be evil to sell the drone and then claim the  ...

If the aircrafdt is recovered and sent to DJI, they will know it has been in water because there is a detector strip inside the aircraft.
2016-11-19
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-19 18:09
If the aircrafdt is recovered and sent to DJI, they will know it has been in water because there i ...

you missed his context,

he was alluding to someone "saying" it was in the water...
to make a insurance claim---not DJI warranty for replacement..

yet hinting maybe the drone was not now or ever in the water for real-
-IE: sold!
2016-11-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kirk2579 Posted at 2016-11-20 10:27
you missed his context,

he was alluding to someone "saying" it was in the water...

OK, my mistake.
2016-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules