Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo mobile, How to sove photos om device
12Next >
23339 60 2016-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teh95210000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52280 ft
Norway

Hi
When i tale photos, this Bern saved in the app DJI go.
How to save this in my iPhone picture roll? Without save One and one.
I already Get a album with sone pictures but after update today my nes photo dont autosave to the cameraroll.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, it's saved in DJI Go. When you replay the video or picture, click "save" on the upper right corner to save it to your gallery.
2016-9-30
Use props
teh95210000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52280 ft
Sweden

Yes i see, If You shot 50 pictures this give You a lot of extra work because You have to save one by one.
2016-10-1
Use props
ronaldk6
lvl.1

Austria

teh95210000 Posted at 2016-10-1 13:51
Yes i see, If You shot 50 pictures this give You a lot of extra work because You have to save one by ...

You can select multiple photos (or videos) and click the "Download" icon (bottom left).
2016-10-1
Use props
jodell.wv
lvl.1

ronaldk6 Posted at 2016-10-1 20:15
You can select multiple photos (or videos) and click the "Download" icon (bottom left).

There is no download option for me anywhere after the images are selected. I'm using an iPhone 7 plus.
2016-10-1
Use props
wrcveen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177789 ft
Netherlands

I don't have a save button as well when I select all the footage.
2016-10-1
Use props
PerlanSwed
First Officer
Flight distance : 962208 ft
Sweden

DJI please fix this! I took videos and photos today on a birthday party! And had to save each photo and video from DJI Go app to the iphone roll before i where able to import them to my computer...
This is unacceptable!!
2016-10-1
Use props
omriamos

Israel

I really think you should stop using this crap-of-a-camera-app unless you really need some of its unique features.
For normal photos/videos just use the original camera app from your phone.. It will probably also look better.
2016-10-1
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.3

I have had the same experience as the OP. Plus, I have to place the phone in the cradle to access the DJI Go library. The DJI Albums in the camera roll are empty. What purpose do they serve? This "feature" was not in the last version. Adding it to the current release od DJI Go is unacceptable.
2016-10-1
Use props
eric.blouin
New

Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-30 04:52
Hi, it's saved in DJI Go. When you replay the video or picture, click "save" on the upper right corn ...

I have the same issue. My video and photo were saved in my iPhone camera roll. Since undat all is in DJI Go app. It's a pain to save all of them one by one. Please issue a fix. At least give the option to select all and save.
2016-10-1
Use props
DrVee
Flight distance : 580007 ft
Australia

This is terrible, saving clips one by one to get into camera roll.  If I use the photo app or anything else for taking shots, the gimbal controls become useless.  If I use the DJI app, I can't create videos which include still photos and I have lost my iCloud backup of footage.  If I lose my phone, I lose my footage.  If the app corrupts, I lose my footage.  I loved using the OSMO Mobile up until now, but now I can't be bothered because it's way too much work to do anything productive.  I would be better off with just a cheap gimbal.
2016-10-2
Use props
logicito
New

United States

DrVee Posted at 2016-10-2 08:51
This is terrible, saving clips one by one to get into camera roll.  If I use the photo app or anythi ...

Agree, this has to be fixed
2016-10-2
Use props
pablo
lvl.1

Spain

the same problem , no button to download the videos from the APP Go with iphone 6 plus and osmo mobile...
2016-10-3
Use props
thishall
New

United States

Right now (Oct 4th, 2016), there is no way to download pics/vids from the app! This is surprisingly stupid.  The app itself is not intuitive at all, and really inconvenient.  
2016-10-4
Use props
leyting
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137828 ft
  • >>>
Germany

at me the same problem. I was 4 days in New York and have a lot of files !!

Please correct the error quickly
2016-10-5
Use props
mclemens2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 44022 ft

Same problem here, no buttons to save anything. DJI said the change was to improve battery life for the phone. I'd gladly give up the "improved" battery life for the old way of storing videos and photos.

One other change I noticed was that videos are now MP4s instead of MOVs. This might be a good thing but it's not good enough to put up with no easy way to save videos and photos. How do I get everything to iCloud in an easy way. I don't see anyway to save things to the camera roll. I only see how to delete things.

You can use iTunes to get videos by saving the VideoCache folder to a PC or MAC. I assume there's some other folder for photos.
2016-10-6
Use props
adamjarviscg
New

United States

I as well can not save videos effortlessly!!

I downloaded FiLMic Pro to try out and its buggy. Some times I'll record a video and it'll just hang up (continuing to record, careless of my STOP STOP STOP). I have to force shutdown the app, thus loosing all my footage. Plus the Osmo controls only sometimes work. And the app tends to not auto focus, no matter what I do! Yes I've seen the how to videos of focus, focus lock and all that good stuff.

So I'm left with DJI app or camera app. Needless to say - shooting all my videos in 4K - Makes it REALLY hard to save videos from DJI app one at a time to my phones camera roll. There is no other way that I know of to access the videos on a computer hidden in the DJI app.

So I sit there, clicking the un-responsive "save" icon in every video and only to find out that while it's being a long delay (30 seconds of clicking "save") it finally pops up "saved" on the screen but on the computer I have saved that footage a crazy 5 to 10 times eating up space!!

Regardless I am not happy either. Not sure if I should return my Osmo or wait it out..
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Sorry about it, we'll make some change to it to make saving photos easier
2016-10-8
Use props
tjhknots
New

Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-8 11:51
Sorry about it, we'll make some change to it to make saving photos easier

Hi,

Easy and small question,

When is this going to be fixed?
2016-10-24
Use props
b9HCGsV671yU
Flight distance : 3561306 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This is totally disappointing. I just bought a DJI Osmo Mobile, made over a houndred of videos and images with my iPhone6S and you are telling me I have to save them one by one to my camera roll? Are you serious? C'mon.. how do we solve this..?
2016-10-25
Use props
ijansempoi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232559 ft
Malaysia

I just purchase DJI Osmo Mobile and this is my first DJI product. I find it the product is well build and rock solid but the app is not friendly and quite stupid. I really hope for next update will give a user to save all the files (video and picture) to camera roll /library. Thanks!
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

ijansempoi Posted at 2016-10-29 00:27
I just purchase DJI Osmo Mobile and this is my first DJI product. I find it the product is well buil ...

Yes, we're developing this function.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

b9HCGsV671yU Posted at 2016-10-26 02:03
This is totally disappointing. I just bought a DJI Osmo Mobile, made over a houndred of videos and i ...

Hi, have you tried this?

Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer,
Launch iTunes
Select your iPhone under “Devices” on the left. If it’s not there, unplug/replug your iPhone/iPad.
Select Apps from the top menu
Scroll down; under File Sharing, Find DJI Go and select it.

Are the media files there?
2016-10-28
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-29 08:59
Hi, have you tried this?

I tried this and the files are not there. So this doesn't work!

I have used my Osmo Mobile for 3 days and shot a lot of footage, I won't save them one by one! DJI this is really disappointing! When will an fix for this come? If not in the near future I will go and give back my Osmo, this thing is pointless when I can't save all my files and export to my computer.

2016-10-29
Use props
contrerasnathan
New

United States

RE: Osmo Mobile: Issue Transferring/Saving Videos via DJI App

I have spent HOURS (yes with a S) trying to transfer my videos from the DJI Go App to my iPhone Camer Roll and Mac. After reading similar reviews its obvious that this is an issue to many OSMO Mobile customers like myself. Is there a reason why the software was designed like this maybe to force customers to use only the DJI Go App for editing?

I do all my editing on industry standard software (premiere pro) and cannot use this app as my editor.  Are there plans to have this corrected/fixed or should I return my device?  Waiting for your reply.

Thank You,

2016-10-29
Use props
alexbar65a
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi DGI , this is incredible. Is common sense to save directly on camera app natural folders . it is what we use to do all things in iphones about videos ...Not that crap of dgi app folders to store things. please solve this inmediately. at least, let us choose where we want to save our videos and pics directly!. Thanks.
2016-10-29
Use props
alexbar65a
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-29 13:59
Hi, have you tried this?

i tried and that works, but that is not the way to solve things.. may be is like a a work around.. while you  mod the app to let us choose where to save our pics a videos. Ty
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

alexbar65a@gmai Posted at 2016-10-30 14:41
i tried and that works, but that is not the way to solve things.. may be is like a a work around..  ...

yes, we will on the next version of the DJI Go
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

contrerasnathan Posted at 2016-10-30 11:56
I have spent HOURS (yes with a S) trying to transfer my videos from the DJI Go App to my iPhone Came ...

Hi, this is how iOS works, we can't calculate the correct amount of storage left unless we save the media file to the cache of the app first. It's also how another famous app called Filmic Pro works, you need to save it to your album one by one.

Or there's a workaround if you have a computer, check 23#

2016-10-30
Use props
fansaa580077
New

Belgium

Same issue here in Brussels....big issue that we can't transfer all of our files in just a clic! incredible...please update your software ASAP!!!!!

2016-10-31
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

Waiting for the software update!! Any ideas when will it be available?
2016-10-31
Use props
fans4a2e411c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just received my Osmo Mobile.  I' m a professional photographer. The App works fine with my Phantom 3 pro but absolutely rubbish on the Osmo mobile. I'm very disappointed as DJI have been very professional with the Phantom software updates. I've been trying to move shot video and images to my Mac computer with out much success. I'll wait for a couple of days to see if there is a upgrade to solve the problems before I send it back to the shop.
I have a Uoplay phone gimbal which works much better than the Osmo mobile...
2016-11-2
Use props
fans8af42967
lvl.1

fans4a2e411c Posted at 2016-11-2 22:54
I have just received my Osmo Mobile.  I' m a professional photographer. The App works fine with my P ...

Do you mean Uoplay gimbal has a better app than DJI go app?
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans4a2e411c Posted at 2016-11-2 22:54
I have just received my Osmo Mobile.  I' m a professional photographer. The App works fine with my P ...

Sorry about that,

Launch iTunes
Select your iPhone under “Devices” on the left. If it’s not there, unplug/replug your iPhone/iPad.
Select Apps from the top menu
Scroll down; under File Sharing, Find DJI Go and select it
Find the two folders "HD300 Storage"  and "Video Cache"

The first stores your photos, the second stores the videos,

Select the folder and click "Save to" , and transfer these two folders  into your computer.
2016-11-3
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-30 23:59
Hi, this is how iOS works, we can't calculate the correct amount of storage left unless we save th ...

I am a hardcore Filmic Pro user, and no, you do not need to save the video files one by one. The folks at Filmic Pro would never be that ridiculous!

In Filmic Pro you can go into the settings and choose to have your videos automatically save to the camera roll every time you finish recording a video, although they will be slightly compressed. Or, you can leave the default setting where they are saved in the Filmic Pro app, and then you can transfer them out via iTunes without any compression, or, get this, are you ready? You can select ALL files at once in the app and copy them all at once to the camera roll in one easy transaction. Imagine that! ;)

It's working for me to save all files from the DJI GO app through iTunes. But seriously, that somebody at DJI actually thought it was a good idea to have to save the files one by one when not using iTunes is beyond me!  
2016-11-3
Use props
fans14ea4d15
lvl.1
United States

THANK YOU!

I did go under iTunes and check the files before and folders names "Cache" i generally avoid, but somehow missed the obvious file size difference on this folder last time!

I was about to do them 1 by 1 and would have not survived lol!

Also because saving to camera roll on the phone was only for purpose of transfering to computer, this process to me is acceptable permenant solution because would have to plug in and import from camera roll anyway, so can just do it this way every time, no update needed.
2016-11-5
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.1

Estonia

Just now saw that on 2 of Nov. a new DJI go app update was there. Updated hoping for a solution to save all the videos at once, but guess what! There still is not such a possibility!
Unbelievable!

DJI when will it be available? How long do we have to wait?
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

kentristanpeter Posted at 2016-11-7 10:58
Just now saw that on 2 of Nov. a new DJI go app update was there. Updated hoping for a solution to s ...

it is scheduled to be available in about two to three days
2016-11-11
Use props
fans2ba499dd
New

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-11 00:28
it is scheduled to be available in about two to three days

It's been 13 days. Still no update?
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Thor