Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Go App 3.0.1 update now available
12Next >
7102 62 2016-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,

They just released the new DJI Go App update on the Apple store. The added the new Mavic and OSMO mobile and some other fixes. Notice the improved the video streaming.

I hope this will fix some of our issues.

Please comment and report and changes you find with the Inspire 1 cameras

I am traveling for these next few days and will not be able to try out the new Go App

I hope this helps everyone!

IMG_7609.PNG

Edit: 3.0.1 update October 18, 2016
Rich
2016-9-29
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Rich,

Thanks for the heads up.

2016-9-30
Use props
David Bartenfie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>

The new DJI GO app appears to have resolved my video streaming issue.
2016-9-30
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-10-1 05:22

Which FW were you on again?
2016-9-30
Use props
larr2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 834364 ft
United States

Hey RichJ53,
I have been flying 3.0 for 2 days now and see some troubling issues with the slave controller.  On the 2.9.1 version, when the remote was recognized by the master, all the camera movements could be controlled with the sticks (roll and pitch) with aircraft controls still on the master.  But with 3.0 the slave no longer has stick control for roll and pitch.  To control camera roll and pitch, only the C1 and C2 slave button appear to work.  Can you confirm that this is a valid change for 3.0 or is it a bug?
2016-9-30
Use props
David Bartenfie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>

MrSilicon Posted at 2016-10-1 09:54
Which FW were you on again?

Never mind.  Still getting intermittent video feed drop out. *frown*
2016-9-30
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-10-1 15:15
Never mind.  Still getting intermittent video feed drop out. *frown*

*sad face*
2016-9-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

And.....broken already.

Now, you have to enable grid lines every time you turn the thing on (it doesn't remember from last time) and they have managed to remove the incredibly useful feature of long press of C2 and then adjust the gimbal level with the right dial.

Why is it that every other app manufacturer/developer can manage to ADD features with each iteration of software but DJI 'developers' manage to take things away with each release.

It really is pathetic how enept Wang's developers are and nothing has changed in three years !
2016-10-1
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71778 ft
Russia

Iv got strange compass calibration screen stuck after this update
2016-10-1
Use props
Bobcat90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

n.shtykov Posted at 2016-10-2 15:13

Suggestion: delete the app--then download it again
2016-10-2
Use props
stewyk
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

I aint doin it! The 16 reviews on the download page of the APP store rated it VERY POORLY! Why throw another MONKEY WRENCH in there??????????
2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-9-30 14:52

What are you using for the Go app device ?  I pad specific ?  Android  ?

let me know

donnie
2016-10-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm at version 2.4 and as happy as a pig in fresh mud.
2016-10-2
Use props
Helnet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3077513 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I don't know if is the new Go App V3.0 or something else, but all my display has enlarge and menu has change. I can't find the setting menu for camera. I can't calibrate lens. Samething on other Ipad air 2.

Ipad air 2
Inspire 1 + x5 + 14-42 lens
App 3.0.0
Aircraft 1.9.1.30+
Remote Controller 1.7.40
Camera 1.1.1.10
image1.jpg
2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Helnet Posted at 2016-10-2 10:12
I don't know if is the new Go App V3.0 or something else, but all my display has enlarge and menu ha ...

Your camera does not look like it is loaded with the correct Firmware.  You may want to update it to match the rest of your updates so that they work well together.
Also I believe you have to have the Video symbol to calibrate the lens and in your screen shot you have the  Camera icon.

donnie
2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

n.shtykov Posted at 2016-10-2 02:13

I would delete and re install. Be sure to calibrate the Compass on the AC as well because of the  dedicated North addition to the compass.  I like this North feature

donnie
2016-10-2
Use props
Helnet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3077513 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-2 13:56
Your camera does not look like it is loaded with the correct Firmware.  You may want to update it t ...

I checked and that's the latest firmware.

You mean, you calibrate in video mode?

I always calibrate my lens in photo mode by reading several messages.
2016-10-2
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71778 ft
Russia

Donnie, to fix it I have to upgrade to 1.6.8, so I did it, but I am sure that I will get range issue now cause standard...
2016-10-2
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

larr2000@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-30 19:43
Hey RichJ53,
I have been flying 3.0 for 2 days now and see some troubling issues with the slave cont ...

Sorry I am traveling right now and will check things out as soon as I can

Rich
2016-10-2
Use props
Inspire & Phant
lvl.1

Norway

anyone have an older app for iOS ? - This one is not good ! I really miss c2 gimbal roll
2016-10-3
Use props
simonm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406886 ft

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-10-1 16:49
And.....broken already.

Now, you have to enable grid lines every time you turn the thing on (it doe ...

The long C2 feature to adjust the gimbal roll was really useful. Not only have we lost that but also when you now adjust the gimbal roll through the menus, if you have turned on grid lines then they disappear again - you have to go back into the camera menu to turn them back on. All very frustrating, especially if you have to adjust the gimbal mid flight. It does seem however that I can still control the gimbal roll through the slave controller sticks without losing the grid lines.

The way the camera menu works has also changed and they have done away with the centre point option. Not a big deal but WHY do DJI keep changing the look and functionality of GO settings when we've just got used to them?

I'm not aware that anybody has ever complained about the C2 gimbal adjustment or centre point options. Aren't these updates supposed to be Beta tested. I just wonder what feedback the Beta testers are giving or whether DJI just doesn't take any notice.
2016-10-3
Use props
TJ_photography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386378 ft

10/5/2016 - Last night I installed DJI GO 3.0 and now active track gives me the error "Weak GPS Signal" (12 satellites) It worked yesterday at the same location on DJI GO 2.9.1. Can't find any info on this.
2016-10-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TJ_photography Posted at 2016-10-5 16:26
10/5/2016 - Last night I installed DJI GO 3.0 and now active track gives me the error "Weak GPS Sign ...

I have seen the weak signal issue for some time now. It comes and goes without reason. So far the radio and video icon signal is at 5 bars regardless of this weak signal message. I really don't like it either.

Rich
2016-10-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like there are many bugs being reported with the new Go App 3.0 on many threads.

I would like to report a nice extra feature added in general settings. For those of you that have larger storage space on your devices the video cache files can now be increased 8X see my screen shot below

I picked 8gig on my iPad mini 4 for some additional headroom   

Rich IMG_7914.PNG

Rich
2016-10-8
Use props
Rudster
lvl.2
Canada

ATTENTION DJI Was out flying for wedding Saturday(Oct 8th) and my screen display was all different then before! What the frig??? Weak radio signal warning up also,,.Rebooted radio,,,cleared warning. Was able to do my recording as planed. The DJI GoApp 3.0 updated in my Ipad air 2,since my last flight a couple days before, without my knowing it. QUESTION??? Is this normal?? Other updates I had to initiate myself.   Here are a couple suggestions regarding the OSD. #1--- The video record icon has caused me problems. Stand-by when I thought I was recording and vica versa. When camera is in stand-by mode, there should be no red used. Only when in record mode should it be a big red BLINKING icon. Red Record is pretty standard,,,,IMO. The stand-by icon could be black filled circle with white vertical dashes,as used on video/audio equipment. Like the pause symbol. (ll)  #2--- Vertical and Horizontal Speed Indicators. DJI PLEASE bring back the last version. The circular colored bar that increased in magnitude with speed. I think they are called "LED Circular BarGraph Meters"  This was useful in maintaining a constant speed and could easily be seen at a quick glance and adjustment made if necessary. The new, numerical digits only, takes too long for my brain to compute. Oh by the way, I have the P3P but the app is the same for the Inspire I believe,,,is it not? Like to here some feedback on these items> Thank You from NB Canada,Rudy.   
2016-10-10
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rudster Posted at 2016-10-10 20:51
ATTENTION DJI Was out flying for wedding Saturday(Oct 8th) and my screen display was all different t ...

Hi Rudy

I can answer your question about the IPad updating automatically. This is a setting under  Settings / iTunes & App Store: Turn off the slider under updates and Apps.

I like to do everything manually when I am ready for the change.

As far as the new DJI Go App 3.0, they mad many changes that will most likely be for the new Mavic Pro drone. They will definitely need to fix some of the bugs they injected into the program.

Rich
2016-10-10
Use props
Rudster
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks Rich! I will turn it off in settings.
2016-10-10
Use props
PunaPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680374 ft
  • >>>
United States

n.shtykov Posted at 2016-10-1 21:13

Likewise - having inordinate number of "Calibrate compass" errors then no matter where i relocate or how many times i do the merrygoround thing it won't calibrate... I have found that shutting everything off then reconnecting resolves the problem... but this then begs the question "was the compass really out - and one of the 'calibrations' actually DID work" or "the compass didn't need calibration in the first place" and can i now fly with confidence???
2016-10-11
Use props
stewyk
First Officer
United States

I TOLD you ALL DON'T THROW ANOTHER MONKEY WRENCH IN THERE!! WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN??? FOLLOW THE THREAD, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM! KEN{:4_157:}
2016-10-11
Use props
stewyk
First Officer
United States

Don't cry and whine about it, just DON'T DO IT! Ken.{:4_177:}
2016-10-11
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

PunaPhantom Posted at 2016-10-11 13:42
Likewise - having inordinate number of "Calibrate compass" errors then no matter where i relocate  ...

I have been flying my Inspire with the iPad mini 4 on DJI Go 2.92 without any issues. I put the new DJI Go App 3.0 on my iPhone 7 to test on my Inspire 1 and have only tried it 1 time so far. There are some reported features missing on the new version but this seems to be the trend anymore from DJI. I hope they give us the gimbal leveling feature back!

So, I reset the IMU first at home and then recalibrated the compass at my different locations. The error you speak of has not happened to me. Sometimes rebooting the iPad or whatever device you are using will reset the program on the next restart. It is hard to say, sometime you need to delete and reinstall  the App because something went wrong during the installation. Software can be funny sometimes for reasons in the background that are hidden.
So, for me I have using the GO App 2.92 and testing version 3.0 on my iPhone for now, they will release some bug updates once the Mavic is in the hands of the public. To bad that DJI has to Bloat the Go app with so many drones with so many differences. I am sure it is a programming nightmare to keep everything straight!!

Rich  
2016-10-11
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI  have you any updates or news when the bugs are going to be fixed with the App?  The gimbal leveling issues is a big deal for most of us.

Thank you

Rich
2016-10-14
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Rudster Posted at 2016-10-11 11:51
ATTENTION DJI Was out flying for wedding Saturday(Oct 8th) and my screen display was all different t ...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-57987-1-1.html

I do not like the sign that the camera is recording. Eventually I stop writing not to see the icon. Under the sun to her iPad is not very clear and can not see very well.
2016-10-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-10-1 03:52

I can not wait to test! My God!!! I spent some trouble with this problem in the last job. I flew completely blind! {:4_142:}
2016-10-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Now I realized. During the last flight I was already with version 3.0. The problem continues!
2016-10-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-10-15 08:04
Now I realized. During the last flight I was already with version 3.0. The problem continues!

I believe you will need to roll back your FW to help.. Please see the thread below, (maybe you have already read this information ?  this fixed it for me (work around) until DJI have the FW fix;
AC 1.81
RC 1.6
iOS 10.02
Go App 2.92
iPad mini 4 cell/Wi-Fi version 128gig
Inspire 1 V2 X3 with SanDisk extreme plus 32gig U3 HC1

new cable (original Apple cable) today and cooler temperatures 80*F,  first flight went about 8 min with hardly any drop outs. Then it started. So I parked into a hover and checked the HD signal and it was on channel 14 with the slider in the worse position. So I went to manual and put it on channel 10 with the best signal transmission. No more drop outs for the rest of the flight of 4mins.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64560-1-1.html

Rich

2016-10-16
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-17 00:03
I believe you will need to roll back your FW to help.. Please see the thread below, (maybe you hav ...

Hi Rich,
It seems you have the workaround and if you could go one step further, I (and perhaps others) would be indebted to you.

Could you post a step by step methodology on how to turnback the firmware and apps?  I'm pretty dense when it comes to anything computer.  I fly this drone mostly as a hobby, but when I video, I would like to get the best possible results.

Also, I looked around for the earlier firmware versions and DJI has the bird firmware, but I cant find the RC firmware anywhere.  As for the Go App, I am totally clueless.

Finally, if you have any internal settings that you have found are better than others, that would be appreciated.

I know this is a lot to ask, so thanks in advance and know that you are helping a guy out a lot.

Best Regards,
Chris
2016-10-17
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-10-17 07:55
Hi Rich,
It seems you have the workaround and if you could go one step further, I (and perhaps oth ...

Chris,

I have worked out a solution for my Inspire 1 to date and this was a combination of things that I believe was causing the video drop out.
-First lets not forget the FW is what started the issue (IMO). So I am running the previous version of the FW.   The remote FW is done on the DJI Go App and not available on the website. See video at the bottom of this post. The Inspire can be rolled back by putting FW 1.81 onto the camera SD card and letting it update. see video at the bottom.
-Second,  I also found a defective (intermittent) Apple lightning cable that was making it worse. Then it was working again but still with minor dropping out...
-Third, I put the HD video into manual and selected the best signal strength at my location. I have not had anymore video drops since.
--This is done by selecting the video HD tab at the top of the DJI Go App camera view screen. Then select the custom button on the top right side, now you look at the channels available in your area for the strongest one. You need to watch this for a short while. If you are using the stock set up you can choose between ch 13-20 and if you have the 32 channel hack then you can use any of the 32 ch's. Use the channel drop down list to select the one you want and also you can change the transmission quality ( I used either 4 or 6Mbps)...

IMG_7608.PNG

-Fourth, The DJI Go App is 2.92 and this is a tuff one for rolling back from version 3.0 if you have not got a backup on iTunes.
Check Terry's information on this link:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-66206-1-1.html

I guess I could write up a more detailed how to list if you really think it would be helpful. Most of this information has been covered before, but it can be frustrating finding it on our forum.

Rich

2016-10-17
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-17 13:03
I believe you will need to roll back your FW to help.. Please see the thread below, (maybe you hav ...

I was wrong. Clean the camera connectors solved the problem of TRANSMISSION only when the camera swung, but when you fly the drone video signal today was horrible as before.

But I found another solution and this time, yes, it had everything to do with the software update!

During the flight I remembered that I had read somewhere someone (you RichJ53) saying that the app was choosing the worst frequency channel (automatic mode). I changed the settings to 'Custom' and choose the channel 17 (which showed the best signal) and done! Every signal fault has disappeared!!! The signal was clean and perfect all the time.
2016-10-17
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

It works with all members (app, drone etc) updated with the latest versions.
2016-10-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules