Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recording stop, controller disconnect, incomplete files
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glitch
lvl.1

Primary concern:    App screen dropped to black DJI logo momentarily mid-flight, ~150m away

Additional concerns:
   Dropped connection resulted in recording stop. Auto-saved video file on smartphone is 33% longer in duration than file saved to microSD. Only 2 of 4 still images were saved to SD, additional 2 only visible on smartphone and extremely blury.
   Second flight, signal maintained, however recording still stopped unprompted mid-flight.

The following 3 flights were flawless, as were ~10 prior flights since I received unit mid-July.

I did have to warm battery enough for props to spin up, however I let it idle for a while to bring up battery temp.

Phantom 3 Pro
Current versions of applications and firmware
However slightly cold, battery was fully charged, as was remote
First flight ~14,200 (5,000' below DJI's 6,000meter operational ceiling) Second flight ~12,750': All other flights were below 11,500'
Winds ~5mph, 12mph max gusts
Temp ~5c/40f
Sandisk 32GB ExtremePro

Planning on giving DJI a call tomorrow, however it seemed worth asking here as well!

Thank you for any thoughts/suggestions,
Cheers!
2016-9-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When was the last time you formatted the SD card in the aircraft?
2016-9-29
Use props
Glitch
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-30 14:29
When was the last time you formatted the SD card in the aircraft?

About 12hrs prior, and formatted in the P3 through the app
2016-9-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Glitch Posted at 2016-10-1 01:34
About 12hrs prior, and formatted in the P3 through the app

Well, that is puzzling, the card you have should certainly be fast enough, I was thinking that maybe it was getting full and finding it hard to find space.
2016-9-30
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

What model phone are you using?

While the Sandisk ExtremePro should be a good performance card, there is the possibility it is defective or even counterfeit.  Can you try another card?

The problems seem unrelated, the write problems are related to the aircraft and gimbal.  When they encounter an error, they stop recording, and do not resume unless you commence a new recording session.  Losing connection should not cause the recording to stop. It looks like you had interference or interruption to your video stream, if you had interuption to your telemetry you would get numerous error messages pop up on the screen and in your flight log.  You can share your flight log here if you have concerns with this, otherwise you can just chalk it up to being a glitch for whatever reason:  flew too far, wrong orientation or antennas, flew in a noisy RF/wifi area, passed behind obstructions, crossed microwave transmission signals etc.
2016-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules