Battery Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

Hey All,

I have a P3S, and yesterday I have had an issue with the battery again.  It charges fine, powers on & off fine most times, but twice now when I initiated a power down it sets all of the led's (including the power switch) on the battery to a solid red color and will not do anything - almost like it is "stuck".  The only way to get it to power down is to remove it from the bird and then hold down the battery power button for a few seconds.  After that it seems like it is fine again.   Anyone have any ideas or pointers?
2016-9-30
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

Don't know about P3, but on the P4, you can press and hold the power button on the battery for 5 seconds, then note the LEDs.  Compare what LEDs you see to the DJI battery chart to tell you if you have a problem....which sounds like you do.

Have you tried another battery?  If so, and no problem, there's your answer....bad battery.
2016-9-30
Use props
devildog9999
lvl.3

I just borrowed a friends battery, but I cannot get it to happen again with either one of them.  If I pull the batteries out and hold the power down on them for a few seconds, I get six red blinks on each of them.  I have looked but cannot find a battery chart for the P3S.   It has only happened twice, but I want to be sure I am not going to have some other issue that is related to this.
2016-9-30
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

devildog9999 Posted at 2016-9-30 18:15
I just borrowed a friends battery, but I cannot get it to happen again with either one of them.  If  ...

Starting on page 15 in the online manual it provides the information on the battery.
The blinking red light indicates you are in battery life check mode, after holding down the button for a few seconds.
How many of the green lights are lit will indicate remaining life, not charge
2016-9-30
Use props
devildog9999
lvl.3
United States

Both of them have all 4 green lights lit, which is not surprising since mine is 3 weeks old and his is new two days ago.
2016-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules