Charging??
5009 19 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

Can we use the Phantom 4 charger to charge these batteries?I ordered the "fly more combo" does this come with advanced charging hub? I see there are 2 different hubs.
How long does it take to charge one battery, with what's included in combo?
Thanks
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The P4 is a 4s battery and the Mavic is a 3s battery, don't think you can use the charger.
No specs on the charger yet, it says charges faster but it still should charge each one individually.
There was talk about the Inspire charger being used for the Mavic charging hub but I don't know if that's the case or how it would work or if the P3 charger would work as well.
We'll see in time.
2016-9-30
Use props
Gary R.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764396 ft
Australia

From the Mavic FAQ's

The two Charging Hubs can both charge up to 4 batteries at one time. In order to fully charge the first battery as quickly as possible, the Intelligent Flight Batteries are charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low. This gives you the fastest way of getting all your batteries fully charged. There are two main differences between the two Charging Hubs. First, the standard Charging Hub only supports the Mavic’s 50W Battery Charger and Mavic Car Charger, while [color=Yellow]the advanced version also supports the 100W Battery Charger and Car Charger from the Phantom 4. Second, the advanced version will balance the voltage of each battery cell to improve charging efficiency. When one battery’s charging enters the second-half of its charging phase, the next battery will enter the first-half of its charging phase. With 4 batteries all at 15%, the advanced charger can get 4 batteries fully charged in 140 minutes using the Phantom 4’s 100W charger, while the standard version will need 270 minutes with the Mavic’s 50W charger.
2016-10-2
Use props
cjmc
lvl.2

Does the fly more pack not come with the higher end charger and hub? Possibly not
2016-10-2
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

no its the basic hub, the other one is not available yet
2016-10-2
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 15:48
The P4 is a 4s battery and the Mavic is a 3s battery, don't think you can use the charger.
No specs  ...

Hi DJI Ken , could you please confirm that the Mavic car charger , charges both the Mavic and the RC !
Thank you
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

nomad65 Posted at 2016-10-4 19:57
Hi DJI Ken , could you please confirm that the Mavic car charger , charges both the Mavic and the  ...

From the photo it looks like it only charged the flight battery.
There will be a cord that you can charge the RC or your phone to full charge from a flight battery that's been used and at 25%.
2016-10-5
Use props
mkstevens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287815 ft
United States

Gary R. Posted at 2016-10-2 04:57
From the Mavic FAQ's

The two Charging Hubs can both charge up to 4 batteries at one time. In order  ...

Wait Im confused...  This statement in particular: "Second, the advanced version will balance the voltage of each battery cell to improve charging efficiency."  

I though that all DJI "intelligent" flight packs had charge balancing circuity builtin; maybe this is bad assumption?

Does the Mavic flight packs lack balance circuity, for weight savings, and now depends on the charger to balance cell voltages?

Do both charging hubs support "balance charging" or only the advance model?  If so, Im NOT charging a $90 pack with the standard hub.

Or does the advance hub add an additional "layer" of balancing to the charging process (e.g. some type of discharge of cells prior to a charge cycle)?

2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mkstevens Posted at 2016-10-6 02:30
Wait Im confused...  This statement in particular: "Second, the advanced version will balance the  ...

I believe your last sentence is correct.
I will get more info on that.
2016-10-5
Use props
cjmc
lvl.2

mkstevens Posted at 2016-10-6 02:30
Wait Im confused...  This statement in particular: "Second, the advanced version will balance the  ...

Great question. Hope it's the last point
2016-10-5
Use props
ReallyBigKen
lvl.1
United States

What or how do I order an extra wall charger (not car charger) for the Mavic? Does Anyone know the part number for the wall charger for the Mavic? Where can I order one? I will be traveling with the Mavic and I would like to have an extra charger to take with me. This is for backup just in case the included charger gets, lost, stolen, or broken. Traveling without a charger is just as bad as traveling without batteries.
2016-10-5
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

ReallyBigKen Posted at 2016-10-5 17:55
What or how do I order an extra wall charger (not car charger) for the Mavic? Does Anyone know the p ...

They'll have them to order soon, the Phantom 4 was the same way, it took a while, but they get them.
2016-10-6
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

The FAQ also states that the charger will charge both the A/C battery and the Controller.
2016-10-6
Use props
marc.hufnagel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2368264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any idea on when we might see this 'advanced' hub?

So I am thinking now we will see a run on P4 chargers now.

Which brings the thought - if the hub is not used but the P4 charger connected directly to the mavic battery what will it charge at? (or is this possoible at all?)

2016-10-6
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Seems a little odd that DJI make a statement that the new Mavic batteries are capable of being charged at 2C but they do not provide (or even list as available) a PSU that is capable of utilizing this faster charging ability!
2016-10-7
Use props
aZz60tDtYteK
lvl.4

China

That's not a good ideal. You know P4 used a 4S lipo battery, but Mavic used a 3S. It means you used a 14.8V charger to charge a 11.1V lipo battery, I don't know what will happen ,but it is not good for your battery, it may reduce the battery life and capacity. You'd battery use the Official charger.
2016-10-8
Use props
lclerc69
lvl.2

i will find a third part 100 W 3S  charger to put on the hub to charge the 3 batteries in the same time for me
the batterie can take 2C so 85 W

on the car mavic charger it say 13.6V 6A and it's from the spec 78 W

https://store.dji.com/fr/product ... 2btkuXNXRoCNubw_wcB

on the hub charger it say 13.05V 0 to 6 A

http://dji.digistore.fr/mavic-ba ... 8W2JplglRoC4STw_wcB
2016-10-8
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

lclerc69 Posted at 2016-10-8 09:28
i will find a third part 100 W 3S  charger to put on the hub to charge the 3 batteries in the same t ...

Yes, that's an excellent idea if you want to destroy your batteries - go ahead.

The charging is done internally in the battery, not by a charger. Additionally, the hub has logic on board to sequentially alter the charge target battery at a certain point in the delta curve.

2016-10-9
Use props
lclerc69
lvl.2

So for you if i use a charger like car charger i destroy the batterie ?
2016-10-9
Use props
fans766da6c8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5522 ft
New Zealand

Can someone please confirm (or otherwise) that the DJI Mavic Part 8 Battery Charging Hub (Advanced) is the only charger that will balance charge the Mavic battery pack?
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules