291337 291337 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-4 05:34
I really would hate to loose that feature.

Maybe a stupid question, but: What does video cache do? What do I miss if turned off?

EDIT: To answer my own question. I found out it is used for in-app editing of video. I haven't even tried the built-in editor, so can probably live with that disabled for a little while and see if it helps.
2016-12-3
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-12-4 15:17
Maybe a stupid question, but: What does video cache do? What do I miss if turned off?

EDIT: To ans ...

I like it as a backup if I lost the Mavic.
2016-12-4
Use props
Riza1302
New

Indonesia

Just received the Mavic last Friday.

Tried to install the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 on my Samsung Note 2, and samsung tab3, all doesnot work.

Tried to installed it at Samsung Note 3 Neo, it works, but some function like active track does not work (the communication between controler and the drone shut down everytime i engage the funciton)

Gesture function however, works fine.

And after some browsing, found that DJI actually list down the compatible phone in their owners manual, here is copy paste :

APP / LIVE VIEW

iOS Version v3.1.1.

Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Android Version v3.1.0.

Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.

Compatible with

Samsung tabs 705c,

Samsung S6,

Samsung S5,

Samsung NOTE4,

Samsung NOTE3,

Google Nexus 6p,

Nexus 9,

Google Nexus 7 II,

Ascend Mate7,

Huawei P8 Max,

Huawei Mate 8,

LG V20,

Nubia Z7 mini,

Sony Xperia Z3,

MI 3,

MI PAD,

Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

No wonder my Note 3 neo doesnot work well.

I will try my wife's Note 4 , and will update if this works properly.

2016-12-13
Use props
fans6ad3b0d4
New

United States

I had problems with my Samsung Tab S2 8.0 (which barely fits perfectly) not connecting.  I had to go buy a cheap phone just for this - I got a Coolpad Catalyst, Branded as Walmart/T-Mobile from Walmart for $60.   It connects easily but is still a pretty cheap phone with an underwhelming screen and it's a tab fat for the grip brackets.  But it does work pretty well.  Still these connection issues are a real fail for this otherwise cool unit.  
2016-12-18
Use props
fansc1987ad4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5085 ft
Malaysia

Hi Guys,

I am using Note 2 and i am not getting video feeding on my phone. I tried Galaxy S6 and it is ok. What could be the problem ?

2016-12-23
Use props
Shadowspawne
lvl.1

United States

Hi everybody,
I bought an iPad mini 4 and a iPhone 6s plus, just to use with my Mavic. I have already updated the ios to 10.2, so they should wor. Got an email today that my Mavic had finally shipped. I am sure that it was worth the wait. Merry Christmas everybody, and Happy Droning!
2016-12-24
Use props
Nvcheeko
New
Australia

Wonder When the Note 5 Will be Supported I have 3 phone in this house and all arnt supported I have nice piece of gear and not overly OK to fly wifi

Do i get a new phone or tablet or wait any ideas, Maybe Dedicated ipad mini one, there getting cheap.

Guys does the device need cellular?

Cheers
2016-12-24
Use props
Wacker2611
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254075 ft
United Kingdom

Would love to know where all these S7 Edge problems are coming from....Mine works flawlessly, and it's the best screen out there!
2016-12-24
Use props
ImAWebGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253812 ft
  • >>>
United States

harold.mina@com Posted at 2016-9-30 11:33
I have Samsung S7 Edge and I keep reading that some users are experiencing issues with the DJI Go App with the same phone. Constant phone restarts when using the App. I ordered my Mavic Pro but I don't want to shell out $$$ for another phone.

Hopefully I won't have issues with the app using my phone.

I also use the S7 Edge but haven't had any problems. I've only had my Mavic for a week and have less than 2 hours flight time (it's been rainy here) with no issues.
2016-12-24
Use props
Adelphius
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone tested the oneplus 3 or 3t phones with the mavic?
I currently own a oneplus 2 which does not work well with my mavic and am looking to upgrade phones. I would love to stick with oneplus if possible.
2016-12-24
Use props
StanKC
lvl.1

Canada

Adelphius Posted at 2016-12-24 09:08
I currently own a oneplus 2 which does not work well with my mavic and am looking to upgrade phones. I would love to stick with oneplus if possible.

I was able to run it with OnePlus One on Mashmallow.  Now I'm running it find on BB Priv on Mashmallow.

OnePlus 2 and forward, they have switched to Oxygen OS, another branch of Android, not sure if there is some issues there.
2016-12-24
Use props
simon66
New
France

Hello everyone,
I have a question.
Does anyone know if the mavic pro remote should charge my iphone 6 battery when they are connected?
When i connect the micro usb/lightning from the remote to my iphone, the bolt logo (which indicate the iphone is charging) appears half a second and disapears instantly!
Is that normal or does the remote should continue to charge my iphone all the time they are connected to each other?

Thanks by advance for your answer.
Sincerely.

Simon
2016-12-24
Use props
Nvcheeko
New
Australia

Nvcheeko Posted at 2016-12-24 19:32
Wonder When the Note 5 Will be Supported I have 3 phone in this house and all arnt supported  I have nice piece of gear and not overly OK to fly wifi

Do i get a new phone or tablet or wait any ideas, Maybe Dedicated ipad mini one, there getting cheap.

Ended Up Buying a Ipad Mini 4 save hassle of waiting, as much as i hate to join the cult i want to fly my drone with best support.

Cheers All for your help
2016-12-24
Use props
Adelphius
lvl.1

United States

StanKC Posted at 2016-12-24 11:19
I was able to run it with OnePlus One on Mashmallow.  Now I'm running it find on BB Priv on Mashmallow.

OnePlus 2 and forward, they have switched to Oxygen OS, another branch of Android, not sure if there is some issues there.

Thanks, that could very well be the case.
2016-12-25
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

fansc1987ad4 Posted at 2016-12-24 07:37
Hi Guys,

I am using Note 2 and i am not getting video feeding on my phone. I tried Galaxy S6 and it is ok. What could be the problem ?

Same when i tried the note 2 ... its a long standing issue (folks on the p3 reported it) ... unsupported model
2016-12-25
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1018776 ft
Netherlands

Adelphius Posted at 2016-12-24 08:08

I'm using my OnePlus 3 with the latest Android version (7.0) and it works fine. Onyx OS is a pretty basic Android version.
2017-1-8
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

StanKC Posted at 2016-12-24 11:19

How did you connect the OnePlus One to the Mavic? The Micro USB cable that comes with the Mavic doesn't work as the connector is upside down. The only way I could connect it was via the lower USB connector. I'm going to see if I can find a cable that has the micro USB connector for the OnePlus One.
2017-1-8
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

simon66 Posted at 2016-12-24 13:08
Hello everyone,
I have a question.
Does anyone know if the mavic pro remote should charge my iphone 6 battery when they are connected?

Normally it should, but it only gives 500Mah, so maybe the iphone 6 wants more than that and so doesn't charge?
2017-1-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

pendragon Posted at 2017-1-8 00:23
How did you connect the OnePlus One to the Mavic? The Micro USB cable that comes with the Mavic doesn't work as the connector is upside down. The only way I could connect it was via the lower USB connector. I'm going to see if I can find a cable that has the micro USB connector for the OnePlus One.

Are you looking for the reverse micro USB cable? http://store.dji.com/de/product/mavic-rc-cable#/?_k=h2754v
2017-1-8
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-8 01:26
Are you looking for the reverse micro USB cable? http://store.dji.com/de/product/mavic-rc-cable#/?_k=h2754v

Thank you! That's exactly what I need.
2017-1-8
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 12:10
The phone holder will hold up to a length of 160mm.
As far as minimum requirements to make the app work, I would think you would need an android with at least 2 GB of RAM but we need to wait and see when specs are released for the minimum requirements.

Hi Ken that's a bit confusing as an IPad Mini is 200mm and is on the supported list and have seen several videos of it in use fitted into the controller.
Once I receive then Mavic I intended buying an IPad 4 Mini
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-1-8 08:00
Hi Ken that's a bit confusing as an IPad Mini is 200mm and is on the supported list and have seen several videos of it in use fitted into the controller.
Once I receive then Mavic I intended buying an IPad 4 Mini

My iPad Mini 3 fits just fine in the controller. I just removed the side cable and the plastic sliding retainer.
2017-1-8
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-8 12:01
My iPad Mini 3 fits just fine in the controller. I just removed the side cable and the plastic sliding retainer.

Thanks for confirming
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-1-8 16:05
Thanks for confirming

No problem, have a great week.
2017-1-8
Use props
Jimbodos
lvl.1

United States

I have Samsung S7 Edge and I keep reading that some users are experiencing issues with the DJI Go App with the same phone. Constant phone restarts when using the App. I ordered my Mavic Pro but I don't want to shell out $$$ for another phone.

I have the same phone.  Is it useable with the Mavic Pro.  Thanks  Jim
2017-1-13
Use props
Jimbodos
lvl.1

United States

ImAWebGuy Posted at 2016-12-24 05:34
I also use the S7 Edge but haven't had any problems. I've only had my Mavic for a week and have less than 2 hours flight time (it's been rainy here) with no issues.

Are you using Dji Go 4 or the older one.
2017-1-13
Use props
Dangerousdaveki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using a new LG V20 and actually had it replaced because of another issue but BOTH DJI GO AND DJI GO4 apps crash in flight.  Have to restart app although controller still controls the drone.
Really concerned about this, afraid to fly further than a 1000 feet or so.  Are any other's having the same issue.   I have deleted the app and reinstalled.   Actually changed out the whole phone.
2017-1-15
Use props
fansb554910b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143996 ft
United States

My lg g3 crashes often but not during flight. The follow me mode doesn't work on the LG g3. Sucks because I'm a used android fan and I'm not one to spend over $150 to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the Internet.  
2017-1-28
Use props
kit_nz
New
Flight distance : 10085 ft
New Zealand

Hi there, I'm having constant issues with my Mavic Pro and the DJI GO4 app on my Nexus 6P (stock un-rooted 7.1.1). The issues are:
- The app FC's around 50% of the time I use it, usually 5+ minutes into the session. The app will always try to restart, then crashes again. A full close will allow me to reconnect to the drone about 50% of the time. The rest I just have to fly it home by eye.
- It says I have magnetic interference about 30% of the time, even when I'm miles away from any dwelling, power supply or even metallic objects
- every time I use waypoints something goes wrong. It usually crashes when I get past adding waypoint 6 (annoying as I lose the course, but no risk to drone). The one time I finally got to finish a route it completely disconnected before Waypoint 2 once it got underway. I had site or control over the drone until it finished it's route (a very long couple of minutes...). When it did I had to hit the RTH button on the control, then land it manually as the app wouldn't reconnect to the controller.

Is anyone else having these issues with the 6P? I've never taken the drone more than 1km from me due to the issues, and I've stopped using it altogether now as it's too stressful losing contact with it so frequently. I've got a Oneplus One that I've just got a cable for (upside down USB...) that I will try this weekend to see if it's any better.
2017-2-2
Use props
Mr.markgagnon
lvl.1

United States

UY49DGT8tWup Posted at 2016-10-13 06:25
Is the galaxy samsung 6 edge plus compatible with the mavic pro?

I received my Mavic Pro about 7 days ago and I have flown it alot with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Plus and the operation has been flawless!  I have flown it over 1 mile away with no issues at all and still in full HD video transmission.  Hope this helps.
2017-2-4
Use props
Mr.markgagnon
lvl.1

United States

I received my Mavic Pro about 7 days ago and I have flown it alot with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Plus and the operation has been flawless!  I have flown it over 1 mile away with no issues at all and still in full HD video transmission.  Hope this helps.
2017-2-4
Use props
Mr.markgagnon
lvl.1

United States

I got my Mavic about 7 days ago and have operated it many times now with an S6 Edge plus and it has been flawless.  I flew over 1 mile away with no problem at all and still had full HD transmission.

Hope this helps
2017-2-4
Use props
user84420d71c9
New

Australia

Lg g3 and dji go 4 bug issues autofocus issues etc did not have problems with dji go
2017-2-4
Use props
user84420d71c9
New

Australia

n0jzNj57tfjT Posted at 2016-10-5 02:21
Hi DJI Ken

Can my LG G3 support for marvic controller ?

Hey man i have a lg g3 and autofocus dont work with dji go4 and only works on takeoff with dji go!!!
2017-2-4
Use props
Butterfingers
lvl.1

Australia

I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge and have had no problems at all. The connector is a tight fit, but I think that is due to the water resistant features of the phone.
2017-2-4
Use props
Mr.markgagnon
lvl.1

United States

I have been using the Galaxy 6 Edge plus with my Mavic for over a week now and both have performed flawlessly!  Was over a mile away and never lost HD video.  
2017-2-5
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-25 10:46
We are working at getting out the Mavic to our early adopters.  Right now I am not sure the Nougat is high on their priorities.  We will bring it up.  Thank you for the notice.

I posted this in another topic quoting one of you guys, the solution for the issue in Nougat is EASY and QUICK! So if your devs don´t know, please pass the info! It´s just changing one file from one folder to another!!! Below is my previous reply:

Dev Monkey here!

I'm pretty sure your dev monkeys can also read stack overflow, but this is a known issue in Android as they've changed how some things are drawn in the latest version.

I'm copying the solution from this thread on stack overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questio ... lay-size-set-larger

-----------------------------------------
I my case, moving the (hi-res) splash bitmap from drawable to drawable-xxhdpi was the solution.

I had the same problem. I didn't suspect my splash screen to be the problem, since it is displayed when the app is started, but it turned out the splash screen is the problem.

The splash screen in my case has xxhdpi resolution, and it was mistakenly placed in the drawable folder, instead of drawable-xxhdpi. This made Android assume the splash screen had mdpi resolution and scale the image to 3*3 times it's required size and trying to create a bitmap.
--------------------------------------------

So yeah, pass it over. 1 minute solution, 5 minutes unit testing, 1 hour integration testing, roll it out and you get all the Android 7 users happy.
2017-2-5
Use props
Buizerd
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-17 14:00
I don't even think the S4 would run the app, and if it does your probably not going to get video feed or if you do it will probably skip and lag.But if it FULLY works then that's great.

I tried the Galaxy S4 and it works, but only barely so. The video feed has an 0.5-1.0 sec delay and lots of artifacts/blurring. I would not recommend flying it with the S4.

The S6 works like a charm.
2017-2-14
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

Droid Turbo 2 no issues accept for the RC battery drain from charging my phone when connected
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Buizerd Posted at 2017-2-14 15:16
I tried the Galaxy S4 and it works, but only barely so. The video feed has an 0.5-1.0 sec delay and lots of artifacts/blurring. I would not recommend flying it with the S4.

The S6 works like a charm.

Yes indeed, don't use a S4, I had an S6 and it worked perfectly.
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules