This makes 3 in my arsenal
1584 14 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SEK-JOE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1032215 ft
United States

So I watched with cautious delight the videos of the New Dji Mavic.  I currently own and use a P3A and Inspire Pro.  My job does farm surveying.  
Living in the heartland makes licenced drone operators a valuable commodity.  Recently some of the hunting lodges have been asking for life action hunting footage.  Currently, I get in a tree stand with my 1dx mark II and a backpack with my P3A in it.

I purchased (ordered) the "Fly More" bundle and think this will make launching from a tree stand so much easier.  I am excited to make my life a little easier. Deer season runs for quite some time so I assume I will get a month of the season in this year.  

I looked at the GoPro, but really I am a Dji fan and couldn't bring myself to purchasing a GoPro.

Keep it up Dji!

2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The Mavic is really an incredible aircraft as being so small you can take it anywhere just a small camera bag or even in your jacket pocket.
2016-9-30
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

My 3rd also, i have the P3 Pro, and P4, Love them!!
I ordered the "fly more" also. Hope we don't get a delay cause of all the extras!
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

cwhobbies Posted at 2016-9-30 14:59
My 3rd also, i have the P3 Pro, and P4, Love them!!
I ordered the "fly more" also. Hope we don't get ...

I hope not either,  the Osmo mobile had some delays in shipping because it was so popular. This Mavic has got to be the most popular product DJI has released, it crashed the ordering page so many people were pre-ordering  when it was released.
2016-9-30
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 19:34
I hope not either,  the Osmo mobile had some delays in shipping because it was so popular. This Mav ...

Wow, really.
I didn't have any problems when i ordered.
Hopefully i got in early:
Order Time:        2016-09-27 20:29:47 (UTC)
2016-9-30
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Just ordered "Fly more" package. This is first time I am buying new model directly from DJI. I have P2V+,P3A I bought at good discount. Hope it will leave up to the hype. Seems like a good deal, considering no sales tax and decent package discount.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

cwhobbies Posted at 2016-9-30 17:15
Wow, really.
I didn't have any problems when i ordered.
Hopefully i got in early:

shipping time says mid Oct.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Naza-PA Posted at 2016-9-30 17:29
Just ordered "Fly more" package. This is first time I am buying new model directly from DJI. I have  ...

Just wait until it arrives, you will be amazed at the quality.
I would purchase the DJI Care Refresh, you can't beat that deal.
$99 up front and you get up to two replacements in a 12 month period if case you accidentally crash it.
$79 for the first replacement, $129 for the 2nd replacement.
http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 8.59.05 PM.png
2016-9-30
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 23:54
I see the shipping time says mid Oct now.

What was the shipping time before?
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

cwhobbies Posted at 2016-10-1 12:30
What was the shipping time before?

Edited, Sorry it's always been mid-Oct.
2016-9-30
Use props
skyrider420
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

skyrider420@out Posted at 2016-10-1 12:59
I just Pre Ordered from the APPLE store, will be in store ready for pick-up in NOVEMBER.... When you ...

No problem at all, the reason you were able to pick up the P4 from Apple on the day it was released is that DJI had an agreement that would give Apple exclusive rights to sell the P4 for 30 days (and DJI)
From all the products I've ordered it seems ordering directly from DJI online gets shipped first an ordering from  other dealers like B&H/Amazon come a little later.
There's probably hundreds of thousands of Mavics already pre-ordered, so I hope they can ship everyones orders on time.
2016-9-30
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 05:00
Just wait until it arrives, you will be amazed at the quality.
I would purchase the DJI Care Refre ...

I considered DJI Care for my P4 and the new Fresh for the Mavic, but in both cases I decided "no" and I urge people to read the small print. Certainly it is region specific to fit in with some level of consumer law, but there are still so many loop-holes and edge cases that give DJI the upper hand that I worry about it's usefulness. But that may just be my level of consumer cynicism with other companies in the past.
2016-10-1
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft

I don't believe the Mavics ordered in September will be shipped until mid December. Just my personal opinion after what I have experienced with the Osmo Mobile.  I mean even Apple can't ship million of iPhones ordered on 1 day in the same week. Instead of DJI Apple seems to be brave enough to write a relasistic delivery date on their website.
2016-10-1
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I had to order through Amazon due to issues with DJI's CC processing system.  Amazon says "Release date Oct 30".  I have no idea when they will ship.
2016-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules