Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro or Pro + Fly More Pack
9504 37 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cjmc
lvl.1

Thoughts!

Do I buy the Mavic Pro with the Fly More pack for £1250 to get a carry bag, additional 4 props, extra 2 batteries, car charger and charging station.

Or do I buy the Mavic Pro with a spare battery for £1,067 and source props (£8) and a 3rd Party carry bag elsewhere? The car charger and station probably don't bother me

I guess the DJI bag will be well made and should fit all the batteries and cables etc with the drone and remote without problem. Anyone seen a 3rd party bag?

Thanks
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The choice is totally up to you. But I am sure you can find tons of variations of small camera bags that will still hold everything.
2016-9-30
Use props
cayalag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

How much are the batteries when bought separately ?
2016-9-30
Use props
SEK-JOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032215 ft
United States

I went with the Fly more Pack.  I really think the Pack offers a good start for the value.  
2016-9-30
Use props
juantorio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298209 ft
United States

The batteries are priced at $89 US dollars.  I ordered the bundle deal with the bag and extra batteries.  Couldn't go wrong there.  I more than likely will still purchase another third party bag to carry a little more stuff but I will have to wait and see how much more room the DJI bag will have with everything in it.  I want one bag where I can have the Mavic in it along with all its accessories but also hold my GoPro 4 Silver along with a few of its accessories.  Any one out there have any good suggestions on a good bag?  Looking for something not to bulky.  More of a shoulder sling type of bag.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... smid=A36NIL00HJ3IIY

This is one that I am currently looking at.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SEK-JOE Posted at 2016-10-1 03:38
I went with the Fly more Pack.  I really think the Pack offers a good start for the value.

The bundle is really a great deal. You should also purchase the DJI Care Refresh  as well
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

juantorio@att.n Posted at 2016-10-1 03:40
The batteries are priced at $89 US dollars.  I ordered the bundle deal with the bag and extra batter ...

Personally, I think that bag is too big for the Mavic at all as it's  accessories plus your GoPro and accessories.
When you see it in person you will be amazed on how little it really is.
2016-9-30
Use props
superjet96
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

juantorio@att.n Posted at 2016-9-30 15:40
The batteries are priced at $89 US dollars.  I ordered the bundle deal with the bag and extra batter ...

Pretty sure it is against some rule or law as of this week to carry a GoPro in a DJI bag.
2016-9-30
Use props
juantorio
lvl.1
United States

superjet96 Posted at 2016-9-30 14:08
Pretty sure it is against some rule or law as of this week to carry a GoPro in a DJI bag.

Haha, yup I must have to agree with you there.  I feel sorry for GoPro.  I honestly was looking at the whole Karma thing just because of the detachable gimbal with the hand held stabilizer but when DJI released the Mavic, I was sold instantly.  I literally drove to my nearest Best Buy to go return my P4 which I just bought a few weeks back and then pre-ordered the Mavic that night.  I dreaded returning my P4 but the wifey would not let me have both but at least she is all onboard with me getting the Mavic since it is way more portable than the P4.  That was one of the only complaints she had with the P4.  

As for DJI-Ken, yes it does seem pretty big but I'm looking for one bag to transport all my gadgets when traveling.  I need it to carry the drone, my gopro, MacBook pro, all the different batteries and chargers for all, tripod, multiple sd cards, and what ever else I can think of.  I want to be able to travel knowing all my stuff is in my grasp.  I don't want to risk putting any of it in a checked in bag at the airports if you know what I mean.
2016-9-30
Use props
juantorio
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone seen any videos or reviews for the shoulder bag that DJI is offering with the Mavic Pro bundle?  I see the pictures but would love to see the inside of this thing before I go by a third party bag.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

juantorio@att.n Posted at 2016-9-30 14:32
Haha, yup I must have to agree with you there.  I feel sorry for GoPro.  I honestly was looking at ...

I see,  that that bag is probably perfect for you. I want to be as portable as possible and only carry the Mavic and RC.  Maybe I will just use my pocket
I really love the size of the Mavic, and the incredible feeling when you hold it in your hand. It is heavy and sturdy and it just oozes quality.
2016-9-30
Use props
juantorio
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 14:37
I see,  that that bag is probably perfect for you. I want to be as portable as possible and only c ...

I'm with you there Ken. We have a trip planned next year to drive all throughout Europe and the way my wife is planning most of the trip around places to get very good aerial shoots with the drone.  Along the rivers and castles, things with very nice scenery.  The Mavic will be perfect for this and we can't wait.  

So you were able to see and hold the Mavic in person already? Lucky! I'm counting down the days till I get mine.  Hopefully get it around the 15th October ship date instead of the 2nd November.
2016-9-30
Use props
roedaal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235840 ft
Austria

juantorio@att.n Posted at 2016-9-30 23:49
I'm with you there Ken. We have a trip planned next year to drive all throughout Europe and the wa ...

Juan, be aware throughout your trip that in Europe we have (unfortunately still yet) quite different regulations in all different states concerning flying drones that can record video.
regards, Chris.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

juantorio@att.n Posted at 2016-9-30 14:49
I'm with you there Ken. We have a trip planned next year to drive all throughout Europe and the wa ...

Wow, that's a great wife !
We did a trip to Ireland a few years ago and that would've been the most epic place to take the Mavic too. Wish this drone was out back then.
And yes I've gotten to tinker with the Mavic, I can tell you if you love it from looking at it and videos you were going to especially love it when you hold in your hand. It is built with such amazing quality and it has a heavy weight to it that it feels like it was built by Boeing. I am truly amazed by DJI and the products they are able to put out.
2016-9-30
Use props
juantorio
lvl.1
United States

roedaal Posted at 2016-9-30 14:54
Juan, be aware throughout your trip that in Europe we have (unfortunately still yet) quite differe ...

Thanks for the heads up Chris! We will for sure read into the regulations for the different areas we are going to be in.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

juantorio@att.n Posted at 2016-9-30 16:22
Thanks for the heads up Chris! We will for sure read into the regulations for the different areas  ...

I would check with local authorities for each place you visit to see what you can and cannot do.
2016-9-30
Use props
cjmc
lvl.1

Portugal

Ken - do you know if OcuSync will be limited in EU the same way that Lightbridge was with its maximum output and therefore range? This was always very frustrating.

Re travelling in Europe, each country has its own rules on it governed by their own government aviation bodies. For example Northern Ireland and Ireland have different regulations. I live in Northern Ireland but regularly go to Ireland for weekend breaks. Technically the P3Pro needs to be registrered in Ireland as it weighs over 1KG but the Mavic won't need to be which is great. In Northern Ireland it doesn't anyway.

Most European countries have a ban from flying over heavily populated areas and over people. Hard to take good shots of cities then
2016-10-1
Use props
cjmc
lvl.1

Ps on my original question thanks for the answers.

I've oddly enough decided to buy the Mavic Pro standard and get 1 extra battery (£67 with 20% off accessories when you buy the drone) and a carry bag separately. I think something like this small bag would be perfect for the drone, a spare battery, some props, SD card holder and the charging cables. Saves me over £150 for things I don't think I would use like the car charger and more than 2 batteries.

Thanks
2016-10-1
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 03:26
The choice is totally up to you. But I am sure you can find tons of variations of small camera bags ...

I bought the Mavic Pro with the Fly More pack, my question is, how many batteries will I be receiving?  

Is it 1 + 2 (1 on the stock drone + 2 additional)
or only 2? (1 on the stock drone + 1 additional)

Thanks!!
2016-10-1
Use props
superjet96
lvl.4
United States

I am going to Italy for two weeks next summer and hadn't considered bringing the Mavic but that would be totally possible size wise. Need to check the regulations.
2016-10-1
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.4
Australia

oh and by the way, My order still doesnt have a delivery date, is that right? Im in Australia, would like to know when its going to be delivered.

Thanks!
2016-10-1
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.4

China

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-1 20:00
I bought the Mavic Pro with the Fly More pack, my question is, how many batteries will I be receiv ...

1+2

3 in total
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-1 20:00
I bought the Mavic Pro with the Fly More pack, my question is, how many batteries will I be receiv ...

I believe it's 3 batteries total.
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

superjet96 Posted at 2016-10-1 20:00
I am going to Italy for two weeks next summer and hadn't considered bringing the Mavic but that woul ...

Yes, it will easily fit in your jacket pocket so no need to lug a big case around.
It's amazing.
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-1 20:03
oh and by the way, My order still doesnt have a delivery date, is that right? Im in Australia, would ...

You would have to email onlinesales@dji.com or use the chat feature in the online store.
But my guess would be sometime in November.
2016-10-1
Use props
datincan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 15:48
I believe it's 3 batteries total.

Can you please confirm this.
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

datincan Posted at 2016-10-4 03:43
Can you please confirm this.

It's three total, confirmed.
2016-10-3
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-4 07:13
It's three total, confirmed.

Great that would be good enough to recharge one in the car while draining the other 2 batteries, now I need a high capacity micro sd
2016-10-4
Use props
cjmc
lvl.1

Stick to the smaller capacity higher speed ones in my opinion. 32-64GB is more than enough for 2-4 hours of video
2016-10-5
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a good SD card
Storage Capacity: 32GB
Type: MicroSDHC
Manufacturer: Samsung
Warranty: 3 years
Packing Details: Original Retail Packing
Speed Class: Class 10 (Upto 90MB/s Read with UHS-1, 80MB/s write with UHS-1)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331726 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/memory-storage/memory-cards/
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-5 13:45
Great that would be good enough to recharge one in the car while draining the other 2 batteries, n ...

I use a bunch of 32GB cards.
2016-10-5
Use props
thefurmanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15994 ft
United Kingdom

I think the fly more bundle is good value, 2 extra batteries, car charger, charging hub and bag plus the other bits.  
2016-10-5
Use props
cjmc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yeah went with the fly more pack - I'm not sure it is extra value as a bag can be bought pretty cheap and the charger isn't the higher output one I thought it was but o got interest free credit for it so happy enough
2016-10-9
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

Went for the Mavic Pro + 1 additional battery. Total EUR 1298,= (thats approx $1450 :-(  ). Total price (NL vs US) was the reason not to go for the fly more pack...
2016-10-9
Use props
JordanM
First Officer
United States

Im selling a spare DJI Mavic battery from my combo on ebay if anyone is interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26270483 ... d=p3984.m1555.l2649
2016-11-4
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.1

I got the pro only, and 2 additional batteries. TOTAL of $1,177 usd.

First time purchase with cc. I get $150 credit, and no interest for 14months. going to use the extra money to purchase DJI care.
2016-11-4
Use props
Icewave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445804 ft

superjet96 Posted at 2016-10-1 20:00
I am going to Italy for two weeks next summer and hadn't considered bringing the Mavic but that woul ...

Hi superjet , I live in Italy and recently regulation here is becameing a mess... first you can take a look to this post
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47748-1-1.html

Maybe it can be useful.

I order a mavic pro especially because is really small and lighter than others "birds" and I hope I can fly in no crowded place, but fly over a city like Rome or Milan is quite impossible ...

Ciao and have a good day

2016-11-4
Use props
superjet96
lvl.4
United States

Icewave Posted at 2016-11-4 16:07
Hi superjet , I live in Italy and recently regulation here is becameing a mess... first you can ta ...

Thanks for posting this.  I wan't planning on flying in any of the larger cities.  We are going to be on a two week tour so we will see plenty of the other beautiful but smaller places.  I think with the rate of changing laws and policies I should probably revisit closer to my trip.
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules