Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New 2016 Osmo+ (plus) Unusable blurry video all the time
12Next >
14070 61 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EA8
New

Vietnam

Hi,

I just bought the Osmo+ during the grand opening of DJI flagship store in Hong Kong and have been using it after that while traveling in Vietnam and it appear that the camera while recording is totally unusable, all my videos appear to be extremely blurry.  

I'm using the original bike mount accessory and I have tried to shoot in all resolutions and the result are disappointing : ALL my video recorded with the OSMO+ are blurry and it seems to occur when there is a little bit of movement. If I walk too fast or use the bike mount 90% of the time the video will be completely blurry and unusable. I think that must be a ahrdware issue as the OSMO x3 is supposed to be a sport camera. I didn't even use the osmo off road but just cycling into down....

All my videos have been recorded in automatic mode but even by changing the shutter speed, ISO, Anti flicker, I was not able to fix it.

See  video below as an example The recording becomes blurry at 28 seconds.  ( the video was initially recorded in 4k, 30fps but because of the original length and size I had to trim it and resize it for easy upload.)

I hope that DJI can come up with a solution.

2016-9-30
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Same, all of my videos become blurry but not this bad.
2016-9-30
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dennish Posted at 2016-10-1 12:15
Same, all of my videos become blurry but not this bad.

That looks really really bad. It reminds me of a problem I had once, the OSMO+ get stuck on macro focus (like it was trying to focus on something 2 feet away) and no matter how many times I told it to focus on something 75 feet away it couldn't. I had to restart the OSMO+ to fix the problem.
2016-9-30
Use props
EA8
New

Vietnam

I tried to restart the osmo+ numerous time and still recording blurry video. This is clearly a common hardware issue.
2016-10-1
Use props
EA8
New

Vietnam

I was in touch with the customer service yesterday and when they saw the video quality they immediately told me that it is not normal and asked me to return the osmo+. Seems like I will have to wait for a while before receiving a replacement...  
2016-10-1
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

EA8 Posted at 2016-10-2 07:43
I was in touch with the customer service yesterday and when they saw the video quality they immediat ...

The video looks like it was mostly in focus to start. Not sure if a replacement OSMO+ will fix your issue. It looks like it couldn't focus fast enough or just lost it place and got stuck. If you do get a new one and it fixes the problem please let us know, maybe I just have a defective one also.
2016-10-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

EA8 Posted at 2016-10-2 07:43
I was in touch with the customer service yesterday and when they saw the video quality they immediat ...

Did you try "touch" focus to see if it makes any difference?
2016-10-1
Use props
EA8
New

Vietnam

HellFire77 Posted at 2016-10-2 12:00
The video looks like it was mostly in focus to start. Not sure if a replacement OSMO+ will fix you ...

Well, I hope the replacement will fix the issue as it is for sure not normal to have most (90%) of the the videos recorded with the osmo+ blurry. That means I can't rely on it. Also I'm not using the osmo+ with extreme sport condition as I have seem other do. On youtube  you can see other using the pervious osmo version with the bike mount off road on a bumpy path and the video recording stay very clear, not blurry at all.
2016-10-2
Use props
EA8
New

Vietnam

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-10-2 12:16
Did you try "touch" focus to see if it makes any difference?

Yes I did but it didn't change anything. I hope we are not supposed to touch the phone screen every 30 sec to adjust the focus... the x3 is supposed to be a sport camera. I have some old sony cameras, and I never had to adjust the focus while recording a video, never had any blurry images.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, really sorry for the inconvenience caused, please feel free to contact our tech support to send it in for further analysis. You could get in touch with them at support@dji.com.
2016-10-2
Use props
dennish
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bump - DJI?
2016-10-6
Use props
fansc6aee596
lvl.1

United States

Just received my DJI Osmo + 2 weeks ago. All footage is extremely blurry while riding my bike with the DJI mountain bike attachment. Starts out in focus and then goes completely out of focus and never recovers. All footage is unusable. Already contacted DJI support. I do not recommend this camera for action use. If they fix the issue I can recommend this but until then do not buy this product if your intention is for action. Mine will be collecting dust and my money is gone because of their return policy.

2017-1-3
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

fansc6aee596 Posted at 2017-1-3 12:06
Just received my DJI Osmo + 2 weeks ago. All footage is extremely blurry while riding my bike with the DJI mountain bike attachment. Starts out in focus and then goes completely out of focus and never recovers. All footage is unusable. Already contacted DJI support. I do not recommend this camera for action use. If they fix the issue I can recommend this but until then do not buy this product if your intention is for action. Mine will be collecting dust and my money is gone because of their return policy. It was a complete waste of money for me. Over $1,000 with attachements gone. Not right!
I recalibrated everything several times, and restarted the camera. All options have been exhausted. Camera will not focus.

Did you try it with the 'infinity lock' that came with the latest firmware upgrade?
That would be fine for the kind of video in your example.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

LensmanDave Posted at 2017-1-3 14:19
Did you try it with the 'infinity lock' that came with the latest firmware upgrade?

I have not. I will though. This would be my ignorance to this feature and I will update my comments if they have already addressed this. You are the first to mention this to me. Thank you for the help.
2017-1-3
Use props
egb
lvl.1
United States

I'm having a bit of a problem with a brand new OSMO+ also. You mention the "infinity lock'. Where is that? I noticed when taking pictures indoors the shaprness of the pictures was iffy. The focus was working hard and only at length did it come into focus. The full telephoto (optical only) was not as sharp as an iPhone 7 and not as sharp as a Sony HX90V point and shoot at the same focal length. I willl take it out tomorrow and shoot picts and videos. Thank you for the information on 'infinity lock'. I'll look for it.

On other issues, I find the handle, gimble and software amazing. If I can come to terms with picture quality, I will elevate OSMO+ to my #1 handheld camera.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

I just updated mine. Now there is indeed an infinite focus option. If you look next to the AF option top left of screen capture, you will see the infinity symbol.

I will try this out on my bike again and update with the results. i anticipate this will resolve my issue. If it does it will be the best camera I have cause the footage is very stable it was just blurry.
IMG_6795.PNG
2017-1-3
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

I have upgraded and used the infinite lock. The video is extremely blurry and unusable. Thanks for the input though. My conclusion is this camera is absolutely not an action camera.
Here is my footage using infinity focus lock:

2017-1-4
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJIUser101 Posted at 2017-1-4 16:04
I have upgraded and used the infinite lock. The video is extremely blurry and unusable. Thanks for the input though. My conclusion is this camera is absolutely not an action camera.

Looks like you have a faulty Osmo then. Other users have posted excellent action footage that isn't blurry like that.
Hope you get it fixed ok.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DJIUser101 Posted at 2017-1-4 16:04

Hi, your unit looks defective,  please send it in for inspection.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

LensmanDave Posted at 2017-1-5 01:18
Looks like you have a faulty Osmo then. Other users have posted excellent action footage that isn't blurry like that.
Hope you get it fixed ok.

Dave,

Thanks for your assistance on the infinity lock. I would be in agreement that this seems defective. My concern is that I haven't found anyone who has used the plus version of Osmo with zoom successfully use the camera for action shots. Not to say that they don't exist I just haven't come across any examples. All the videos I have come across on a bike have had the same issue as mine. I will be happy to post a video showing that it works if I can either get my unit replaced or fixed. I will be sending mine back today.

The videos I have seen have been with the non zoom Osmo, and they seem great. I will be sure to post video on you tube of action shots with the plus zoom version once this is resolved so that others can have confidence in the product if indeed does work.

Thanks again.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-5 02:16
Hi, your unit looks defective,  please send it in for inspection.

DJI-Thor,

Do you have an estimate on how long it will take for my replacement unit to come?

I have contacted support. my case number is CAS-393923-N2Y4V5.  I have packaged up the Osmo+ with all the accessories that came with it. I will be sending via FedEx today and can provide the tracking number if needed. I will most likely be paying for expedited shipping since I have a baby due in the next two weeks and would love to have a functioning camera back for this time.

I would love to post a video on YouTube showing this camera in action. When it is in focus it seems like it is really good.
2017-1-5
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.4
United States

Tried to use mine again at Christmas.  This time, it would keep shifting to the right about 10 degrees all at once every time I panned at all to the right.  Stopped and restarted it a couple times, made no difference.  Never had a camera with so many glitzes before, and I have a bunch of cameras.  DJI really needs a QC department, better engineers, or something.

-Rodger
2017-1-5
Use props
shuether
lvl.1
Canada

Hmm I'm glad I came across this thread. I've noticed the same. When I use the tripod mount and have the Osmo+ in a location that gets some vibration it seems like the focus messes up if the vibrations get bad enough and I have to power cycle it to get focus back. I've seen it on bike handle bars, tripod mount on ski boat filming water skiing. Seem the + really isn't an action camera? Or should I also send in my Osmo+?

I'll try with the Infinite focus but I have a feeling its more an issue with the internal focus hardware not able to handle vibrations.
2017-1-6
Use props
LIPEFILMES
lvl.1
Brazil

Good Morning!  I bought my Osmo Mobile and used it with my Iphone 6. It always worked very well. Recently I bought an iphone 7 plus, and with a little bit of fear I went to test at Osmo.  Record using a wide lens, the filmic pro and edito no imovie.  Follow the result of the video, I did not notice much difference of the result that I had with the iphone 6. So far I liked the result.  Video Link: [url=Good Morning!  I bought my Osmo Mobile and used it with my Iphone 6. It always worked very well. Recently I bought an iphone 7 plus, and with a little bit of fear I went to test at Osmo.  Record using a wide lens, the filmic pro and edito no imovie.  Follow the result of the video, I did not notice much difference of the result that I had with the iphone 6. So far I liked the result.  Video Link:  
2017-1-6
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

Hey DJI-Thor,

Nice customer service. It's been over 1 week and neither you or the support group answer any questions or follow up. Very frustrating! Still no resolution to this problem or what DJI is going to do about it.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

Lipe-films,

Thanks for trolling the forum. Very helpful.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

Just got off phone support and was told that the zoom version is not meant to be used on a mt. bike in rough terrain. So DJI will need to go ahead and be clear about this on the website. Big problem, since they get to keep my money because of their unacceptable return policy and it won't work for an application in which they sell an accessory for.

Absolutely not an action camera. I absolutely do not recommend this camera nor do I recommend purchasing through DJI. Best Buy has a 45 day return policy.
2017-1-17
Use props
fans2e78ed9d
lvl.1

Indonesia

I just bought osmo+ and i have the same problem. The first pic i took on the osmo+, its very blurry cant seem to focus with either af or infinite. The second pic ia ftom my cheap xiaomi phone, much sharper. Can anyone help? Is this normal?
2017-1-20
Use props
fans2e78ed9d
lvl.1

Indonesia

My previous post doesn't show pics....

Here are some shots from my osmo+
Now here is a photo from my phone

Some video footage I took from the DJI OSMO +https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzg3j1 ... 0_14_22_51.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kpvj8 ... 0_14_21_33.mp4?dl=0

2017-1-20
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

fans2e78ed9d Posted at 2017-1-20 19:18
My previous post doesn't show pics....

Here are some shots from my osmo+

The first video shows the Lotus badge in focus. Did you re-focus by touching screen as you increased distance from car?
2017-1-21
Use props
AgentzBuset
lvl.1

Indonesia

LensmanDave Posted at 2017-1-21 01:30
The first video shows the Lotus badge in focus. Did you re-focus by touching screen as you increased distance from car?

No I didn't... and I've tried and it didnt do anything much... The thing is, I've always been using my smartphone for taking pictures and videos, I thought buying osmo would take my photography to the next level...

It's very intuitive and easy to use my smartphone. But the OSMO+ that I have has been nothing but frustrating.. It would only focus on near objects.. Like taking photo or video of the lotus badge, or something like my wedding ring... But it wont get into focus in scenery or even trying to take a photo of a whole car at 3-5M from the car... It will always be blurry, I've tried tapping on the screen to focus too many times and changing to infinity mode to no avail...

is there anyone with the same problem? Is my osmo+ faulty? what can I do about this situation because I'm situated in Indonesia and i bought it from a local shop who wont deal with the warranty *although he told me there is an official DJI warranty when I bought it, and now he wont help me.
2017-1-21
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

The Osmo doesn't have continuous tracking focus like a smartphone. It's more like a manual focus video camera where you lock on focus or pull focus to follow a moving object.
Just make sure when you want to touch focus that you have the focus symbol activated and not the exposure symbol. It will be a green square. The exposure symbol is yellow.
Otherwise, it seems you have a faulty Osmo
2017-1-21
Use props
GrizzlyAdams
lvl.1
United States

fansc6aee596 Posted at 2017-1-3 12:06
Just received my DJI Osmo + 2 weeks ago. All footage is extremely blurry while riding my bike with the DJI mountain bike attachment. Starts out in focus and then goes completely out of focus and never recovers. All footage is unusable. Already contacted DJI support. I do not recommend this camera for action use. If they fix the issue I can recommend this but until then do not buy this product if your intention is for action. Mine will be collecting dust and my money is gone because of their return policy.

sell it on ebay. that is what I will be doing soon
2017-1-22
Use props
AgentzBuset
lvl.1

Indonesia

LensmanDave Posted at 2017-1-21 06:05
The Osmo doesn't have continuous tracking focus like a smartphone. It's more like a manual focus video camera where you lock on focus or pull focus to follow a moving object.
Just make sure when you want to touch focus that you have the focus symbol activated and not the exposure symbol. It will be a green square. The exposure symbol is yellow.
Otherwise, it seems you have a faulty Osmo

I know how to switch between the exposure and focus... like I said, I tried to focus by tapping on the object, still blurry...

Is there any official DJI admin /  customer service that could help me?

I feel like i've just wasted 800USD ++ for nothing...
2017-1-23
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

When it's blurry try zooming in and then out. Mine fixed itself when I did that.......however it's not supposed to be like that. Let me know if zooming in and out fixes that blur and if the camera refocuses itself. It will most likely keep occurring and I sent mine into DJI with no resolution as of yet.

Unfortunately you won't get much help from DJI on the matter as you can see the dates of my posts above. They aren't interested in giving quality customer service. They now have my camera and my money. I will be calling them out on social media stating the simple facts of their product and behavior to warn other customers until such time they get their act together. For some reason they think it's ok to not respond and word won't get out that the customer service is 0 stars.

2017-1-23
Use props
DJIUser101
lvl.1

United States

I received my replacement camera and it has the same exact issue as the first. It's very clear that the Osmo Plus (zoom version) cannot be used on the mountain bike mount. All footage is completely blurred out and unusable. Regardless of what DJI wants to say about it the Fact is that it cannot be used on the mountain bike mount.

The company doesn't want to recognize this as a problem based on my conversations with them. If you intend to use it on the mountain bike mount do not buy the zoom version of this camera it simply doesn't work. It seems the original non zoom version will work. I personally have not tested this but other users have and it seems to not create the same problem.
2017-2-8
Use props
jonnychannelb4
New

United States

I was having really devastating out-of-focus issues and super shallow depth of-field for interior stuff, but then figured out that the ISO has to be no more than 400 and everything is now nice and sharp.
2017-3-9
Use props
fans3a35dc91
New
Thailand

I also just bought an Osmo Plus and pretty disappointed as the videos (and photos) shot are completely unusable.  I am using the Osmo +, Rode Videomicro, and tripod as I am still waiting for my light to be delivered.  I figured if I put it on a tripod and didn’t touch it that it might get better, but it didn’t.   Granted I was shooting indoors of a classroom, from a tripod, but none of the settings or modes seemed to sharpen or get that image quality I was hoping for.   The second day I actually used my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) which was able to get great video and photos, but I shouldn’t have to use my phone.  I tried with the infinity mode on and off, went through the modes, settings, tried hitting the focus every 10 seconds to see if that helped, updated, re-calibrated and spent hours online trying to trouble shot the problem.    A week before I received my Osmo + my Mavic Pro arrived, which the video quality is just awesome, once you get that media in production it is amazingly crystal clear and sharp so I was just hoping for something close to that quality with a handheld camera from the same company.

This weekend I will go out and test the Osmo + outside and hope that it will get better as it may not be made for an indoor camera.  I wanted it to work out of the box, and I bought pretty much every accessory available for it so I am just hoping it will work for me at some point.
2017-5-18
Use props
fans3a35dc91
New
Thailand

Those are the same images I am getting!
2017-5-18
Use props
Parker Bol
lvl.1

France

I am editing my video and I found some blurry vidz but sometimes not ! My explaination of the issue is that depends on range from the forefront and background. Very close objects or plans are "sharp" but if there is more than few meters, right side will be blurry. I didn't test zoom in and out but a misconception of one of the lens or alignment could explain this issue.
Do you have the same behaviour with your dji osmo+ with close and far objects ?
I am also very disappointed by a 700€ cam with a lot of accessories that I will have to sell if DJI didn't move a finger. I was interested by a DJI drone but I think I will have to find another brand and if it's possible a serious one.
2017-5-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules